Search for content in message boards

Hill Family of Soldiers Grove, Wisc.

Hill Family of Soldiers Grove, Wisc.

Carol Antone (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2002 12:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for information on Daniel and Sarah Jane Hill. Their son William Henry Hill married Eliza Ella Payne. Eliza is my great-grandmother. They had a set of twins, Leo and Leon. Leo is my grandfather. He was born Jan. 31, 1886 in Soldiers Grove, Crawford Co., Wi. In Nov. 1912 he married Agnes Louella Puff. They had seven children: Mildred, Myrtle, Leah, Delores (my mother), Leo Jr., and Louella.

Re: Hill Family of Soldiers Grove, Wisc.

Posted: 22 Aug 2003 2:30AM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2003 6:30PM GMT
I am looking for info on Manford James Hill. I was told by a family member that his mother was Eliza Eiler (?) and his brothers were Leo, Leon, Bill and Frank. Do you have any information that could verify that Eliza was Manford's mother? Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Kathryn Leslie (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2004 8:29PM GMT
Is this the Daniel Hill who was b. in 1850 in OH? They moved to Crawford Co. WI in the 1860's. The parents were Daniel and Eliza. They had a total of ten children. One of them married my ggg grandmother, Elizabeth Lawver.

Posted: 10 Oct 2004 5:46AM GMT
Yes, Leo had an older brother Manford James Hill. He born Dec. 25, 1882 Crawford Co., Wisc. died June 21, 1921. He is buried in Iowa. I found him on the 1920 census in Grant Co., Wi (Town of Woodman). His parents were William Henry Hill and Eliza Ella Payne. I have more information on them if you would like to email me at froggiane67@yahoo.com

Posted: 11 Sep 2010 4:07PM GMT
Surnames: Payne, Hill
I'd like to get some information on Eliza Payne Hill's children as well. Eliza had a brother named Benjamin. He was my GG Grandfather. I can't find records for Leo, Leon, or Manford. Any information you have will be a huge help! Feel free to e-mail me at monaghan1999@gmail.com.

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 2:20AM GMT
Christina,

I do have some information on Benjamin, and I'll email you what I have on him. Eliza married Wm. Henry Hill 1872/73 in Crawford Co., Wi. They had 5 children: Elmer, John, Walter, Manford, Leo, and Leon. Leo and Leon were twins, and I have only found him on WWI Draft Registration records. Leo was my grandfather, and he married my grandmother Agnes Puff in 1912. They had 7 children: Mildred, Myrtle, Baby Girl, Leah, Delores(my mother), Leo Jr.,and Louella.
You can contact me anytime at froggiane67@yahoo.com

Carol Antone
Tomah, WI

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 2:24AM GMT
Kathryn,

Yes, this wold be the same Daniel that moved from Ohio to Wisconsin. My great-grandmother married John Lawver after Wm. Henry Hill died in 1890. John Lawver was also married to Sophia Payne, Eliza's sister. Not sure what happened to Sophia, and I believe she died and then he married Eliza. I love to share information with you. You can email at froggiane67@yahoo.com

Carol Antone
Tomah, Wisconsin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions