Search for content in message boards

LOOKING FOR FITRAKIS FAMILY

LOOKING FOR FITRAKIS FAMILY

VICTORIA FITRAKIS MCELROY (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2000 1:14PM GMT
HELLO!
MY NAME IS VICTORIA FITRAKIS FROM MICHIGAN. LOOKING FOR FAMILY OF GRANDFATHER JOHN NICHOLAS FITRAKIS OF CRETE. IM CHILD OF NICK FITRAKIS WHOM WAS IN CRETE ABOUT 12 YEARS AGO.WOULD LIKED TO PEN PAIL AN GET INFO FOR FAMILY TREE. I UNDERSTAND MOST OF FAMILY MOVED TO ATHENS.if problem with e-mail adress leave message. THANK YOU
VICTORIA

Re: LOOKING FOR FITRAKIS FAMILY

fannie (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2001 3:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, there is a Fitrakis doctor in Athens, Greece and if I'm not mistaken he is a cousin or nephew to my mother- in- law.
We live in Maryland and are going to Krete this December
I would love to hear from you. You can email me if you want
or I can give you my phone number. I'm always looking to find relatives or island people from my husband island, you see he has no family in the states.

fannie (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2001 3:45PM GMT
Hi, there is a Fitrakis doctor in Athens, Greece and if I'm not mistaken he is a cousin or nephew to my mother- in- law.
We live in Maryland and are going to Krete this December
I would love to hear from you. You can email me if you want
or I can give you my phone number. I'm always looking to find relatives or island people from my husband island, you see he has no family in the states.

Posted: 8 May 2013 12:53AM GMT
My name is Debbie Fitrakis my sister wrote this. She has since passed away. I would love for you to get in touch with me plz. My email is debfit23@gmail.com or many of us are on Facebook

Posted: 8 May 2013 12:54AM GMT
My phone number is 734 674 4886

Posted: 8 May 2013 5:54AM GMT
It is not very clear what you are searching. Is it your family's history? Is it a specific person?
Anyway, Your REAL name is Fytris (Φυτρης). Φυτρακης (Fitrakis) is the little Fitris. The earliest record is from Malia, a village 32km East of Heraklion.

A Priest, Pappa-Konstantinos Fitris was killed 1821 (Cretan revolution) by the Turks. His belongings, a house, a piece of agricultural land, a small vineyard and 15 carob trees were left to his wife Marigo and their son Manolis.

Probably, Manolis Fitris, being an orphan, became the first Fitrakis.
I am quite sure the name does not exist in Malia today.

Posted: 8 May 2013 5:21PM GMT
Surnames: Fannie
Fannie contact me plz 734 674 4886

Posted: 10 May 2013 9:17PM GMT
Why wouldn't the name exist today?? I heard that story from relatives in Crete. Looking for John Nicholas Fitrakis family records from Crete

Posted: 11 May 2013 6:18AM GMT
Hi,
If you read my message carefully it says:

I am quite sure the name does not exist in Malia today.

The key word is MALIA, a village.
How do I know that, you may ask.
I know that because I am from there and I know every individual born and raise in the village.

How can a family disappear?
There are two ways:
1. The family left for various reasons (migrate and lives else where).
2. There are no males in the family to carry the family name further.
Females get married and the name just disappears.

There is a series of documents called: Translations of Turkish Historical Documents (1669-1860). Court cases, births, marriages, sales of various items, etc. You may find something there. (it is in Greek of course) Author: N. Stavridou.

Posted: 12 Jul 2013 3:39AM GMT
Thank you for the info
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions