Search for content in message boards

Valentine and who else?

Valentine and who else?

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2003 3:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hollingsworth
OK! Lets say the Mississippi Holling(S)worths are NOT decended from THE Valentine. What are, or Who ARE the other options. Please and Thank You.

Re: Valentine and who else?

Posted: 13 Dec 2003 1:37PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2004 12:38AM GMT
There were apparently 6 permanent immigrations of Hollingsworths to America before 1820.
Richard of Salem, Massachusetts is thought to have died out in male lines by the late 1600s;
John of Surry County Virginia may be the ancestor of the Hollingsworths of Wake County North Carolina and Edgefield District, South Carolina;
John of Kent County Maryland apprently is the ancestor of many of the Hollingsworths of southern Virginia, Kentucky and Tennessee;
Charles of Northampton County, Virginia, and George of Baltimore County, Maryland had children. the Hollingsworths of Lancaster County Pennsylvania apparently are the descendants of one of them;
John Hollingsworth of Benton County Alabama is not a Valentine descendant, nor does he seem to be a descendant of John of Surry County VA or John of Kent County MD.
Doug Hollingsworth

Posted: 13 Dec 2003 1:40PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2004 12:38AM GMT
There were apparently 6 permanent immigrations of Hollingsworths to America before 1820.
Richard of Salem, Massachusetts is thought to have died out in male lines by the late 1600s;
John of Surry County Virginia may be the ancestor of the Hollingsworths of Wake County North Carolina and Edgefield District, South Carolina;
John of Kent County Maryland apprently is the ancestor of many of the Hollingsworths of southern Virginia, Kentucky and Tennessee;
Charles of Northampton County, Virginia, and George of Baltimore County, Maryland had children. the Hollingsworths of Lancaster County Pennsylvania apparently are the descendants of one of them;
John Hollingsworth of Benton County Alabama is not a Valentine descendant, nor does he seem to be a descendant of John of Surry County VA or John of Kent County MD.
Doug Hollingsworth

Posted: 24 Oct 2004 6:16AM GMT
Surnames: Hollingsworth
Is there a reliable site online where one can view the descendant trees of the other immigrants?

Posted: 24 Oct 2004 12:16PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2005 9:17PM GMT
No.
Betty Hollandsworth Jackson has spent some time recently charting the descendants of John and Charles of the Eastern Shore of Maryland, and has published the results. I don't think her data is on line anywhere.
The late Harry Hollingsworth published the lines of descent of Richard Hollingworth about 25 years ago, and concluded that it was extinct in male lines. However, Betty Jackson has uncovered an unidentified William Hollingworth in the Maryland records who may or may not descendant from Richard.
The last record of a male Hollingsworth in the family of George of Baltimore County MD was in Joppa Maryland in the 1740s. However, there are unidentified Hollingsworths in the vicinity--James in Harford County, John who married Rosina Eldridge and lived somewhere near Baltimore--who may be descendants of George.
Finally, the earliest firm records we have for the family we think that descends from the Tidewater Virginia clan in 1783, leaving a 100 year gap where we are guessing.
Doug Hollingsworth

Dorothy Sandaker (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2004 3:38AM GMT
I would just like to know who you consider to be "the Valentine Hollingsworth? I have my husbands family line all the way back to a Valentine in Ireland. His dad was Henry, but that is all I have on him. Valentine was b. about 1632 and was married to Ann REE.

My husband was working on the Chadburn line and Ora Francis married Fredrick Chadburn in 1905 and that was my husbands grandparents. So I have the Hollingsworth line from Ora, 8 generations back to Valentine. I also have lists of kids for most of them if anyone is interested.

Dorothy

Posted: 11 Dec 2004 2:56AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2005 9:17PM GMT
Valentine Hollingsworth 1632-1711?, son of Henry and Katheran Hollinworth, is the common ancestor of about 75% of the American Hollingsworths.
Although are a few other Valentine Hollingsworths, most consider Valentine of Henry to be "the Valentine Hollingsworth".
Doug Hollingsworth

Dorothy (View posts)
Posted: 11 Dec 2004 5:12AM GMT
Thanks Doug !!!

You just added a little more to our line. Appreciate your taking the time to answer.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions