Search for content in message boards

Courthouse records and Obits

Courthouse records and Obits

Posted: 12 Nov 2011 2:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Will do obituary look-ups in the Algoma, Kewaunee and Luxemburg newspapers Also will transcribe birth , death and marriage records at the courthouse.
E Slaby

Re: Courthouse records and Obits

Posted: 8 Jan 2012 8:05PM GMT
Surnames: Nemetz, Rezacek, Rezachek
I don't think I've ever come across a more opportune posting.

I've been researching my wife's extended Rezachek/Rezacek family roots & need some help with records that should be in the Kewaunee Courthouse (& maybe in newspaper archives, but I'm not counting on it.)

My wife's GreatGrandAunt, Anna Rezacek (b. 1864 in Bohemia, d. before the 1920 Census was recorded; she was the daughter of Josef & Katherina [Hana] Rezacek who lived in Montpelier, WI) married John J. Nemetz (b. 1858 in Kewaunee County, d. before the 1930 Census was recorded; he was the son of Jacob & Anna Nemetz/Nemitz) and might be buried at Saint Lawrence Catholic Cemetery near Stangelville, WI.

Anna & John married in Kewaunee County in November 1886. They had two children (James & an unnamed daughter) who did not survive to be recorded in the 1900 Federal Census.

I'd like any information on these four of my wife's relatives that you might be able to find in courthouse records. You can reply to this posting -- or contact me directly at my e-mail address of ptpgroup@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Namasté, “PJ” Braun

Posted: 12 Jan 2012 5:57PM GMT
Hi.
Your Rezacek, Hana and Nemec were probably from Domazlice area in southwest Bohemia. Rezacek and Hana perhaps from Drazenov town and Nemec from Mrakov town.

All the best.
Tony.

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 2:32AM GMT
Surnames: Rezacek, Hana, Nemetz, Nemec
Thank you for your inputs, Tony. It's good to hear from you again.

You've helped me in the past with my wife's Rezacek/Hana relatives and now you're pointing me in the right direction for the family of my wife's greatgrandaunt. Sincerely, "PJ"

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 6:12AM GMT
Surnames: Nemetz (Nemec), Rezachek (Rezacek), Hana
Tony, you did your reseaching "magic" in the past to provide me with birth/marriage records on the Rezacek & Hana families from Drazenov.

Now I'm curious if you can find similar records on Jacob Nemetz (Nemec) & his wife, Anna ____ & their four children (Ann, Adam, Dorothea & Jacob, jr) who traveled with them to Kewaunee County, WI in 1858... assuming they came from the Domazlice region; perhaps from Mrákov town.

The only other information I have is from US Census records which show Jacob & Anna were married in 1848... a NY City Passenger record says they arrived on 22 Oct 1858 on a ship from Bremen, Germany.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. "PJ"

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 2:14AM GMT
Surnames: Schiesser
Can you help me find the birth records for my Schiesser relatives that were born in the Wolf/Ahnapee/ Algoma area during the 1850's and 1860's? I am curious if I need to look in Door or Brown County for birth records before 1861 when birth records were not available in Kewaunee County. Also, I am looking for death records from the 1850's to 1860's for the same areas.
Please email me at aek8020@wi.rr.com.
Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic