Search for content in message boards

Wyatt Children of mysterious Samuel Wyatt of VA

Wyatt Children of mysterious Samuel Wyatt of VA

Posted: 28 Feb 2004 3:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Oct 2004 2:54PM GMT
Surnames: WYATT
Looking for information relating to the parents of the following Wyatt children:
Thomas R Wyatt; born in Missouri, March 5, 1844
Joseph Larkin Wyatt; born in Missouri, March 10, 1849
Margaret N Wyatt; born in Missouri, abt 1854

Joseph's death certificate lists father's name as Samuel Wyatt, birthplace - VA.

That's all I have on Samuel Wyatt. Does anyone descend from this Wyatt line? Has anyone tried to research this Samuel? I've found a Samuel Wyatt, married to Mary DeLozier residing in St Clair Co., MO in 1840, but since the 1840 census records do not list children's names, I am unable to determine if this is my great-great grandfather.

Can anyone help?

Re: Wyatt Children of mysterious Samuel Wyatt of VA

Posted: 6 Mar 2004 1:20AM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2005 11:35PM GMT
My father was Tony P Wyatt, Grandfather was Milton S Wyatt,
Great grandfather was James S Wyatt, Great grandfather was
Vincent L Wyatt and my great-great grandfather was Samuel
Wyatt of Kentucky. Samuel had about 13 children and I have
found most of them.
Please E-mail me what you are looking for.

Yours truely, Milton Wyatt

Posted: 6 Mar 2004 12:03PM GMT
Milton,

Thank you for your response. I'm looking for Samuel Wyatt, born in VA abt 1822, give or take 5 years either way. I have not been able to determine exact year of birth.

All I have on Samuel is what is on my great-grandfather's death certificate. And I realize that the information contained on death certificates is only as good as the knowledge of the person supplying the information and have come across incorrect data on other death certificates. So I suppose the birthplace could be incorrect on my ggrandfather's death certificate.

I was told several years ago that my ggrandfather, Joseph Larkin Wyatt had one brother, Thos. R Wyatt, who lived most of his life in Osceola, St Clair Co. MO. I've found Thos. R, and when I requested his death certificate (died 4-11-1924 in St Clair Co.) from the state of MO, I was told they couldn't locate it. I was going to compare the parental information on his to my ggrandfather's that clearly states: father's name - Samuel, POB = VA. I don't even know if Samuel was his 1st name or a middle name that he went by. I can't even tell you if VA is the correct state of birth. I'm also in the process of requesting their younger sister's death certificate (Margaret N Wyatt, b. abt 1851-54 in MO) from the state of Oklahoma. Samuel is my block wall.

I found a Samuel and Saunders Wyatt on the 1840 MO census for Rives Co., (now St. Clair Co.), Missouri. Separate households, living next to each other. Samuel's records show 3 children, and Saunders' shows 4 children. I believe Samuel's children listed on the 1840 census are siblings to the 3 born after 1840 (see prevous posting for Thos, Joseph, & Margaret's birthdates) But the 1840 census does not give much information on children, just the age group they fall into, no names, etc. Saunders 1st wife was Rachael DeLozier, older sister to Mary DeLozier.

I've found where a Samuel Wyatt of MO married Mary DeLozier, daughter of Edward Henry DeLozier and Frances Sarah Dyer. I've also found that by 1860, Thos. R (age listed as 13 on the census, but believe he was closer to 15) was living with his Aunt Adeline (younger sister of Mary DeLozier) and her husband, Robert Lawler, in Osceola Township, MO.
No sign of Joseph (who would have been about 8 years old) or Margaret (who would have been abt 5 years old) on the 1860 census.

The 1870 MO census shows my ggrandfather Joseph L. (age listed is 18 but he was closer to 16) living with his Uncle Joseph DeLosier and Aunt Millie, in Springfield, Henry Co., MO. (which was originally Rives Co, part of which became St Clair Co.).

Margaret is found on the 1870 census (age listed as 15) living with another Wyatt family member, William and Martha Wyatt, in Osceola, St. Clair Co., MO. I don't know if this is an Uncle or cousin or what. William could be an older brother (age on 1870 census is 29).

Unable to find Thos R Wyatt on the 1870 census, for any state.

Unable to locate Samuel on any other census in MO, except the 1840 census.

In 1880,
- Thos. R is found in Wise Co., TX. (don't know when he returned to MO, but he died in St Clair Co. in 1924)

- Joseph L is found in Sidney, Fremont Co., IA, married with one child.

- Margaret is found in Leesville, Henry Co., MO, married to Robert Allen Briggs, and has 3 sons. I believe Robert and Margaret moved to Oklahoma between 1871 and 1873 as my ggrandfather Joseph's obituary states he spent 2 years in Cass Co., Oklahoma before arriving in Iowa in 1875. He married Caroline Victoria Hume on Jan 1st, 1877.

Can you give me the information you have on your Samuel?

Theresa

Posted: 7 Mar 2004 5:05PM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2005 4:41PM GMT
I may have some information on your Edward DeLazier and Frances Dyer. I think Frances was the daughter of George Dyer. I am glad to share information. I also have a Wyatt family I'm trying to track down. A Samuel and Sanders Wyatt, but not yours. The family may be related though.

Posted: 7 Mar 2004 5:06PM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2005 4:41PM GMT
I have a Samuel Wyatt in Trigg Co. KY I can't track down. Maybe this is the same family. I'm glad to share information.

Posted: 8 Mar 2004 2:00AM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2005 11:35PM GMT
Surnames: Wyatt
I have a Samuel Wyatt born about 1821, in VA or Tenn.

His father was James W Wyatt born about 1785, died Jun 1844
in Laurel Co. Ky, Jun 1844. James was married 23 Feb 1809 in
Knox Co. Ky to Sarah "Sally" Hibbard, born about 1787.

His Grandfather was Samuel Wyatt born 1755-1760 in VA or
Tenn. Died 25 Jul 1835 in Knox Co. Ky. and married to Rebecca
Ann Bennett about 1774, she was born about 1755 in Green Co.
Tenn, and died 1842 in Laurel Co. Ky.

Yours truly and hope this is the right one. I have no other info
on the Samuel born about 1821.

Milton Wyatt

Posted: 31 Dec 2013 10:07PM GMT
Hello Milton I was wondering if I could have all the childrens names you have for Samuel wyatt. I think my great great grandmother is his daughter. thank you Kari
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions