Search for content in message boards

ORMEROD - SECORD FAMILIES

ORMEROD - SECORD FAMILIES

Posted: 14 Nov 2002 1:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Nov 2003 3:35AM GMT
Surnames: ORMEROD, SECORD
I would be interested in hearing from anyone researching the Ormerod family, I believe from the Scarborough, York area in the 1800's.
I believe there is a connection to a Secord family as well.
Thanks,
Leigh....

Re: ORMEROD - SECORD FAMILIES

rob pearson (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2003 4:27PM GMT
There is an Ormerod St in Malvern (Markham Rd./Sheppard Ave E). There are Ormerod burials in the small cemetery there and connections to many area families (Pearson, Rob(b)ins, and Secor(d).
Margaret Emma Pearson (1862-1944) married James Wesley Ormerod. Five children (one died in infancy and is buried at Malvern). James and Emmie are buried in Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, Toronto.

Posted: 9 Mar 2011 1:01AM GMT
Hi this is Dave Robinson, my grandmother Daisy Paskel Jenkins is buried at the Hillside Cemetary, north side of the toronto zoo. Her great grandfather is James Ormerod who was married to Hannah Secord. If you would like more info please contact me.

James Ormerod b 1819 Scarborough d 1895 same Dad, Thomas

Hannah Secord b1823 " d 1911 " Dad, Joseph

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 9:18PM GMT
hi, I was recently told my grandmothers parents we partial owners or something to that church... his name is joseph or james ormerod. not too sure! I was hoping some one new some information. my grandmothers name is Helen Miller maiden name is Ormerod

Posted: 29 Jun 2014 7:26PM GMT
Hi: Thank you for confirming this for me. Yes my dad William Thomas Ormerod told me when I was a little girl that Laura Secord was in my family name. He also told me that the males usually kept "Thomas" as a middle name. I had relatives in Scarborough and dad (the only boy of 5) said our branch of Ormerods would die out with my brother Peter "Thomas" Ormerod if he didn't have a boy. Well he had 4 girls and of course I got the two boys. My grandmother was Edith Watson and my grandfather was Serby or Serve Ormerod. They lived in many places around Ontario. We go way back generations before Toronto got it's name. There are relatives of mine on old Toronto hill cemetary. I would love to hear more from anyone in my family tree. My married name is Carole Joyce Ormerod

Posted: 9 Aug 2014 9:37PM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2014 9:37PM GMT
I don't know if this is part of your family but when I saw your post I knew
I had a cemetery marker picture with Omerod. St Andrew's in Scarborough

Nancy
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic