Search for content in message boards

Kiebach/Ames information

Kiebach/Ames information

Posted: 9 May 2002 3:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Feb 2005 3:50AM GMT
Surnames: Ames, Kiebach
I would appreciate any info on Lulu Kiebach and Buck 'Butch' Ames (not sure if that is his correct first name). I believe they were married in Omaha, Douglas County in the early 1900's . I believe Lulu died between 1905 - 1914 and Buck sometime after 1941. They were probably born in the 1880's. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Kiebach/Ames information

Jacquie Hoekstra (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2002 7:50PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2002 5:26PM GMT
Surnames: Ames, Kiebach
I was glad to find your request for information. I probably don't have much to give you, but maybe it will spark something for both of us.
The man you refer to as Buck "Butch" Ames is Robert Ames. He possibly has the middle initial "H." but I haven't found documented proof of that. He and his wife Lulu were both born in Iowa, however I don't know which town/county. Robert and Lulu are my great grandparents. Lulu's parent's names are Martin G. Kiebach and Emma (Kiesel) Kiebach. Lulu died November 14, 1913 at 1:05 p.m. She died of "Cancer of the Womb." Her death certificate states that she died in the Township of Bristol (I cannot read the handwriting to tell you which county that is located in.
Robert and Lulu appear on the April 1910 Census for Omaha, Nebraska. It states that Robert and Lulu could both read and write. Robert worked driving truck at a coal mine in which his father-in-law, Martin G. Kiebach was a foreman. Robert also worked at Missouri Pacific (railway?) in 1906; Central Coal and Coke, 1910; and Peoples Ice and CS, 1911.
I know that my grandfather, Charles Ames, was left at the State of Nebraska Home for Dependent Children in Lincoln, Nebraska in December of 1914. His father Robert H. had deserted the family before Lulu died. I lose all track of him at this point.
You state that he died some time after 1941. Do you know what state/county/city he died in? Any information you could forward to me would also be greatly appreciated. Also, I am interested in knowing how you know or are related to Robert Ames.
Also, if it helps, Robert and Lulu's son Charles was born in Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska on December 11, 1905.
I hope this helps you.

Re: Kiebach/Ames more information

Jacquie Hoekstra (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2002 8:14PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2002 5:25PM GMT
Surnames: Kiebach, Downing
Oops! I left this out of the last message. Lulu Kiebach Ames was born on February 7, 1885. Her place of burial was Omaha Nebraska and the undertaker was Mark Wood of Jefferson. She was buried on November 17, 1913. It appears that Charles, her son was not sent to the home for depentdent children until December 1914 (the following year). In a letter from the home for dependent children, it is said that Charles lived with his grandmother, Mrs. Alta Kiebach who was Lulu's step mother. It goes on to say that, "Miss Lizzie Kiebach and Mrs. Della Downing, Jefferson, Iowa, are relatives of [Charle's] mother. Can you tell me how they are related? Are they siblings? I appreciate any information you can forward to me. Thanks.

Re: Kiebach/Ames information

Posted: 26 Aug 2002 3:39AM GMT
Edited: 1 Feb 2005 3:50AM GMT
Surnames: Kiebach
Yes, we certainly do have a connection here. Martin Kiebach was a brother to my great-grandfather Ernest Kiebach. All of the names that you mentioned in your reply, I could identify with. I have gather quite a bit of info on the Kiebach's but could never find out any info on Lulu and Robert Ames. None of the living relatives could provide any information.
I wanted to get a quick reply off to acknowledge your response. I will follow up with an email to you in the next night or so and provide you with more details. Thanks so much for your response.

Posted: 10 Sep 2012 2:47AM GMT
Hello emma kiesel kiebach was a half sister to my gg grandpa lewis homire. The had the same mother charlotte voul kiesel homire. Emma and martin lived outside cedar rapids in a town called elberone iowa it is close to a town called keystone. Emma and three of her children are buried at the twogood cem at elberone. Emma was born mar. 1861 and died in childbirth with a set of twins on jan.23 1887 the twins died also unnamed. The also had a dau. Named catherine who is burried there. I have pictures of charlotte emmas mom and all here brothers and sisters but none of emma. She had 7 brothers and sisters.

Posted: 10 Sep 2012 11:41PM GMT
Hello, Thank you for the follow-up on Emma Kiesel Kiebach.
You have provide me with a little more information on Martin and Emma and their life in Iowa. Also, you confirmed my theory that Emma died during childbirth, although I didn't know that there was multiple births. I have pictures of the grave stones for Emma and Catherine.
Do you know if the twins were buried with Emma or in separate plots?

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 5:36AM GMT
There burried in a separate grave but right beside emma there used to be a stone that said children of m and e kiebach. Do you know if there are any photos of emma im sure they had a wedding photo. If you want i will send a photo of charlotte emmas mom.

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 4:09AM GMT
I am slightly confused so maybe you can help me out. On website "www.iowagravestones.org" there are two photos of Kiebach headstones. The first is for Emma Kiebach and I can clearly read the writing on the headstone. The second one is not clear, it reads "Our Catharina - M & E Kiebach" or "Our Children - M & E Kiebach". My understanding was that Catharina was the child born when Emma died during childbirth. You indicate that Emma had twins (un-named)and
that they were buried along side of Emma. If so, can you tell me the birthdate and deathdate for Catharina? Are there three chidren and are they in one or two graves?
I do not have any pictures of Martin and Emma. Please send me the photo of Charlotte's mom.
Thanks

Posted: 19 Sep 2012 3:21PM GMT
Grandma told me that catherina would have been born abt 1886 and died the same year of crib death. She also said emma died giving birth to twins they were stillborn she said they were burried with emma. I have a letter that my gg aunt clara wrote to my grandma years ago where she wrote the same story. My gg aunt clara and your lulu would have been first cousins. What year did charles ames die? Did he live in lincoln?

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 4:30AM GMT
Charles Ames died 03/19/1980 in Coos Bay, Oregon. I can find no record of his living in any town called Lincoln (what state?).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions