Search for content in message boards

Church in Fancher, Wis

Church in Fancher, Wis

Posted: 28 Jun 2001 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: Ropella, Iveson
Looking for a Catholic Church in Fancher, Wisc. My great grandmother was married there. Does the church still exist?
Any info would be appreciated. My e-mail address is:
rdk73us@yahoo.com
Thanks!!
Deb

Re: Church in Fancher, Wis

Posted: 28 Jun 2001 5:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
That would be St. Mary of Mt. Carmel at Fancher. The mailing address is 3995 County Rd. K, Amherst, WI 54406; telephone 715/824-3455. The parish is large, "alive and well," and served by the priest at St. James at Amherst (same phone number).

Posted: 28 Jun 2001 6:00PM GMT
Bill,

Thank you for the information. I will give it a try.

Deb

Posted: 10 Sep 2001 2:44PM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2002 1:06PM GMT
Who are your relatives? I used to attend and was a member of that parish up until 10 years ago.

Re: ROPELLA (Leon) m IVESON (Cecelia Viola)

Posted: 10 Sep 2001 7:11PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2004 8:51AM GMT
Dear Mary,

I am researching the Ropella name. I am looking for Leon Ropella married to Cecelia Viola Iveson. They are my great grandparents on my mother's side. They were supposedly married at the church in Fancher around 1908. Leon's parents were Albert & Barbara (Klaurkowski) Ropella. Cecelia's parents were Milo & Jennie (Lowry) Iveson. Cecelia's name given at birth was Viola May Iveson. So I am not sure which name she used when they got married. If any of these names sound familiar, I would appreciate it, if you would contact me at my e-mail address below. Thank you very much for responding to my message. My e-mail address is rdk73us@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Deb King

Posted: 18 Aug 2013 4:05AM GMT
Edited: 18 Aug 2013 4:06AM GMT
This message is for Deb. My husband's mother is Teresa Robella Beggs. Her sister is Pearl - your mother? That means that you are first cousin to my husband - Vern Beggs, who remembers his Aunts: Peal, Alice, and Edna. Hope you see this posting. Jackie Beggs

Posted: 18 Aug 2013 9:21PM GMT
Hi Jackie,

Pearl was my grandmother. She is my Mother's Mother. I have a family tree posted if you would be interested in seeing it . It is always nice to meet new relatives. I am willing to share what I have so far with you, if you are interested.

Thank you,

Deb King

Posted: 19 Aug 2013 3:30PM GMT
Surnames: Beggs, Ropella, Iveson, Iverson, Klaurkoski,
Hi Deb. You are my first cousin once removed, either your mother or father is my first cousin. I remember my aunt well. My father was big on visiting the relatives and we visited her in WI. I cannot remember if it was Pearl or Edna that lived in Milwaukee. And when my mother died in 1998, we visited Aunt Alice - we being my wife Jackie and I. Would love to communicate more with you. Have old photos not identified. We usually go to WI each summer because I have a summer cottage there. Where do you live? Love to share so please e-mail me directly at milliemarler@aol.com. I have visited St. Mary's where Teresa was baptized and want to find out more about Jenny Lowry. Do you think she died in child birth? Because Cicelia is living with her paternal grandmother in 1900 census and Milo Iverson has remarried. Cuz, Vern
per page

Find a board about a specific topic