Search for content in message boards

garrisons in south carolina

garrisons in south carolina

Posted: 29 Nov 2001 5:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
anyone out there have any knowledge of garrison's from south carolina. Anderson,Pickens, Belton,or Williamston areas?

Re: garrisons in south carolina

Posted: 22 Feb 2002 6:39PM GMT
Edited: 9 Apr 2002 2:37AM GMT
Surnames: Garrison
Deborah

I live in Greenville, South Carolina which is close to the towns you have mentioned. Matter of fact, I use to live in Pickens! I am orginally from Des Moines, Iowa...born and raised there.

I am a descendant of the Garrison line but do not know or think that I am connected to the Garrisons from SC. (Not yet anyway!) My grandmother was born in Norton, KS and her parents born in Indiana and Ohio.

I go to the local Greenville Library occasionally to do research on other family lines.

If I have time...I will look up information about the SC Garrison family and post the information for you and others that are interested in this particular line. If anyone needs gravestone photos...I could do that for them too.

We need to help one another when we can!

Bobbie

Charlotte M. Brungard (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2002 8:13PM GMT
I am a descendant of Garrisons that lived in Norton, KS. e-mail directly at Maxine240@netzero.net

Posted: 3 Aug 2002 5:06AM GMT
Edited: 14 Sep 2002 6:04AM GMT
Paul Garrison, 1790 Census, near PIckens on the 12 mile Creek; Salesberry and Zebulon Garrison, c1795, on George's Creek, Elinor Garrison, on the George's Creek property in 1800...and it goes on....I am the Garrison family biographer for those lines of Garrison. There are other DISTINCTLY non related Garrisons in SC during the same periods...and one related family. Sam

ross garrison (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2002 12:56AM GMT
Sam, where are you? I live in SC but am a native Canadian.
One of my sisters, Daphne Richey, is the geneolgy person
in our family; she sent me your note.

There are three or four Garrison families in the Greenwood
and Laurens area. None admits kinship to the others.
One was Paul Garrison, who died rather young, about 1970.

Interesting?

Posted: 5 Aug 2002 1:10AM GMT
Edited: 14 Sep 2002 6:04AM GMT
I am exclusively dedicated to the Greenville, not Greenwood, area and have no information on any Lauren Co. Garrisons. My period of research is from the opening of Greenville District in 1786 until my families all went west to Georgia between 1797 and 1805. Any Garrisons after that were not researched by this writer or our team. There are descendants of Levi Garrison, son of old Jedediah, still in the area; and the descendants of David Garrison of Golden Grove (now Pelzer) are still all over thethree county area. But my families all left. Only Levi returned to SC, after his father died in1829. Although at one time I had volumes of data on all families Garrison, most of that research is in archives or libraries. Sam

Posted: 2 Sep 2002 2:32AM GMT
Edited: 26 Apr 2003 5:08PM GMT
Surnames: Garrison
Hey. My new email address is smccuen@bellsouth.net. I am descended from Garrisons in the areas of SC you mentioned. Visit my family tree, labelled Semidei, or tap in via Jessie Jane Garrison (my grandmother). Hope this route proves productive.

Posted: 2 Jul 2004 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: Garrison, Hall
I am a descendant of Prudence Patterson and John Hall, whose descendants lived in South Carolina, Ebenezer, York City. Can you give me any info you may have on them?

Posted: 9 Dec 2013 4:22PM GMT
Surnames: garrison
My mother family is from Williamston and Belton South Carolina. And some in Anderson county. candysullwold@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions