for Eneas Edward McCormick
Thank you
Simone
simonelabor@yahoo.ca

Re: looking for a John Boles McCORMICK In Banff

Posted: 4 Jun 2012 1:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McCORMICK
H Simone,When was John McCORMICK last known to be in Banff Alberta Canada?
You know that he was born aprox 1935 passed awqay aprox 1998 ? - What is your source for that information?

Were the sisters and brotghers of Eneas Edward McCORMICK - also in Banff Alberta?
Cheers Stella

Posted: 4 Jun 2012 11:16PM GMT

HISTOIRE ADMINISTRATIVE/NOTICE BIOGRAPHIQUE:
Eneas McCormick, 1878-1956, was born at Deer Park, Glen Arm, Country Antrim, Ireland. He came to Canada about 1890 and worked as a leather craftsman in Peterborough, Sudbury, Port Arthur, New Westminster, and Vancouver before coming to Calgary, Alberta about 1897. He worked at Great West Saddlery and then opened a business briefly in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. In 1901 he joined William James Riley in the firm Riley and McCormick. He was actively involved in the Calgary Exhibition and Stampede, and was a Calgary alderman for three terms. He and his first wife, Mary Louise McGannon, ?-1925, had three children, Edward J., 1910-1997, Michael J., 1922-1998, and Mary (Guichon), 1924-2010. He later married Mary Veronica Curley, ?-1967.

We can not find the brothers and sisters of Eneas thats where we are at a standstill, can find all kinds of stuff on Eneas except his siblings.

my granfather John Mccormick came to calgary when he was 19,and lived with Eneas he must have moved to Banff after that, he passed away in 1938 we think. My father John Mccormick was born in 1935 he passed in 1998
simone

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 4:40AM GMT
Surnames: McCormick
With regards your search for info re McCormick -Mary Guichon was still alive and living in Calgary when she phoned me about 2 years ago now.You could probably contact her via the Riley and McCormick shops in that City.One at the International Airport and one in the City.
My great uncle Hugh McCormick went from Cushendun Nth Ireland about 1920s to Calgary also and was an Accountant to Eneas in the Company.I am trying to trace a brother also Michael McCormick who went along also. They had no family. maybe we could be related?
Their father was Michael McCormick and mother Rose{ McNeill} and they lived on the Torr Rd,Cushendun

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 5:24PM GMT
Surnames: McCormick
Hi there, I am Lisa Dorosz(McCormick), Simone posted an my behalf as she is very good at tracing family trees, I am a decendant of Eneas McCormick, Mary Guichon passed away in May 2010, I have been in contact with her daughter Carolyn, she cant answer me much as she said she didnt pay attention to her mother about history. so if you are related to Eneas we are related you can email me directly at ldorosz@xplornet.com maybe we can put a few things together hopefully
per page

Find a board about a specific topic