Search for content in message boards

Edward Swann Family of Blount/Cullman Cos.

Gene Swann (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SWANN
Need information from the descendants of the children of
Edward Swann (1795-) who settled in Blount/Cullman in 1835.
The children were Rebecca (1816-), William LeRoy (1819-), Mary (1821-), Elizabeth (1825-), Francis Marion, (1826-), John (1830-), Edward K. (1832-), Jacob (1836-),
Martha (1838-), George Washington (1840-), Nancy (1843-),
Jeremiah (1845-).

Re: Edward Swann Family of Blount/Cullman Cos.

Posted: 5 Aug 2001 12:47AM GMT
Classification: Census
Edited: 6 Aug 2001 10:35PM GMT
Surnames: Swann
I just recently came across your post of the Swann family in Cullman/Blount Counties. Edward Swann came to Cullman around the 1800's more than likely 1810-1820's From the reseach I have found he first came to Alabama from Tennesse. He was one of a large family of Swan/n's located in the Pendleton Dist of South Carolina. His father was more the likely a James Swann b 1750 in Ireland. His mother Loutisha ?? somewhere in PA. The Swann's owned a plantation in that Dist. According to family history James Swann disowned all of his children with the exception of a Martha Swann and James Jr. both of who never married. Three of his Children Mary, Edward, Abercombie Swann all left the area. Abercombie being the oldest left first moving to Georgia with Mary and Edward following. Mary had a child William Leroy whom you have listed as a son of Edward out of wedlock. William did stay with his uncle for several years and can be found on cenuse records with his family. He can also be found on cenuse records as a young child with his mother listed with Abercombie in Ga. also in Tn with just his mother. I have never found a record showing Mary Swann as being married. William or Lee as he was known was a union solider in the Civil War.
I have much more information on William Swann and the Swann family

Re: Edward Swann Family of Blount/Cullman Cos.

Greg Nicholas (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2002 5:01PM GMT
I am a descendant of William LeRoy Swann and would very much appreciate any information you can provide me concerning him.

Greg

Gene Swann (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2005 8:31PM GMT
Amy, I have just recently discovered your message to me dated 2001. I read your information. Some of it might be correct and then some is not correct. I would like to discuss it with you. Thanks. Gene Swann gene333@highstream.net

Gene Swann (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2005 8:35PM GMT
Greg, I have spent the past several years researching the Edward Swann and William LeRoy Swann families of Blount and Cullman Counties. I would be interested in discussing some of your family information. Thanks. Gene Swann gene333@highstream.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions