Search for content in message boards

SORENSEN (m. 1879) LARSEN in Redmond, Sevier Co.

SORENSEN (m. 1879) LARSEN in Redmond, Sevier Co.

Posted: 13 Jun 2002 11:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jun 2006 2:20AM GMT
Surnames: Gregersen, Sorensen, Madsen, Larsen
Searching for descendants and family information concerning my g-g aunt, Margarethe SORENSEN, b. 23 Sept 1857, Voer Denmark, d. 16 May 1912 ,Provo and her husband Ole Christian LARSEN, b. 1852 - d. 1930. Both are buried in Redmond,Sevier Co. Margarethe was the daughter of Soren GREGERSEN (1823-1904) and Karen JENSEN (1822-1913).

Margarethe's sister, Kirsten Marie Sorensen, b. 1848, also came to Utah. She married Poul MADSEN in Denmark in 1874 and settled in Redmond. She died in 1931.

Would love to hear from descendants of either sister or anyone related to their other siblings: Hans Kobber Sorensen, b. 1865, Else Christine Sorensen, b. 1854, Jens Christen Sorensen, b. 1850, Johanne Marie Sorensen, b. 1846, Simine Sorensen, b. 1862 or Maren Sorensen (my great grandmother) b. 1859, who did not immigrate to Utah.

Re: Kobber names (Hjorring DK & Canada)

Posted: 26 Aug 2002 9:06PM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2002 10:05AM GMT
Surnames: Larsen, Hansen, Simonsdatter, Bolund, Hango
Hi Your posting included the name Kobber.My family also has many males(and at least one female)with this name.One per generation.Is your family from Hjorring County Jutland Denmark?My 1st Kobber is Lars Kobber Hansen and his son Hans Kobber Larsen(my ggranddad)then Martinius Kobber Larsen(my guncle who came to Ontario Canada in 1896)no sons though,but my grandma Camilla Maria Larsen dau of Hans K Larsen had a son Chares Kobber Gilmour and his son was Ronald Kobber Gilmour.My ggrandfather, Hans Kobber Larsen, wa s born 1828 Maarup,Hjorring DK and his mom was Zidsel Marie Simonsdatter.His wife was Sofie Marie Bolund.
There is a legend about the name Kobber but I cannot find it out.my Mom told that it had something to do with strength.
Do you have any info?any connections to the people I have named ?We have a Christian Larsen ,too.In English, Kobber is ''copper''
Like to hear from you
Kathleen O'Flaherty..............how far from Danish does that sound?
irishapple@sympatico.ca

Re: SORENSEN (m. 1879) LARSEN in Redmond, Sevier Co.

Posted: 18 Feb 2003 2:38PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2005 6:40PM GMT
Surnames: Sorensen, Gregerson
Dear Carol MacKay,

Else Christine Sorensen is my great-great-great grandmother on my mom's side. I then go through Serine Caroline Gregerson. I have similar imformation to your imformation. I have Else's genealogy back several generations.

Sincerly Caleb Flint

Re: Kobber names (Hjorring DK & Canada)

Posted: 14 Apr 2006 10:36AM GMT
Surnames: Kobber, Kobberø
The Kobber names could derive from KOBBERØ which is a used name from Thy, Jutland, Denmark.
Also a small place in Thys is called Kobberø.
Probably the Danish letter Ø was left out during immigrations.
My ancestors are the Kobberø family.
Regards Steen
steen@kobberoe-hansen.dk

Posted: 28 Jan 2010 8:57AM GMT
Caleb
We have the same exact line. Tell me what you know of Serena Gregersen. Who was the father? The death certificate says George F. Thompson, but the mother's name has an error too. I have found a Geroge Thompson from Denmark that is two years older than Else that moved to Gunnison. Who was the father?
big mystery to me, do you know the story?
Bob
brownswa@yahoo.com

Posted: 11 Jul 2014 5:49PM GMT
Surnames: Sorensen, Gregersen, Jensdatter
Do you have a death date and place for Else Christine Sorensen. I am related through her sister Kirsten Marie Sorensen. Can you tell me which of the children of Soren Gregersen and Karen Jensdatter immigrated to America?
Thank you for your help.
Best Regards
Bobbi Norris

Posted: 19 Sep 2014 5:32AM GMT
Hello Bobbi,

I'm afraid I don't have the death information you requested, but I do have some information on which of the Soren and Karen's children immigrated to America. I have Kirsten Marie and Margarethe immigrating to Utah, followed by their grand daughter Serena and then later by their parents Soren and Karen.

Hope that helps!
Caleb

Posted: 19 Sep 2014 6:33PM GMT
Surnames: Gregersen, Jensen, Jensdatter, Sorensen
Hi Bobbi!

Of Søren & Karen's eight children, only three came to the US: Margrethe, Else Christine, and Kirsten Marie. The others remained in Denmark. Hope this helps!

~Carol
per page

Find a board about a specific topic