Search for content in message boards

Alexander McCullough, 17??-1832

Alexander McCullough, 17??-1832

Posted: 12 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jul 2003 12:29PM GMT
Surnames: McCullough, King, Nance, Sanford, Shields, Beck, Hunt
Wish to coantac anyone with knowledge of the following families:

Husband: ALEXANDER McCULLOUGH, born, about 174?, place, ?; marr. 177?, place, ?; died, July/August 1830 in Henry Co., VA; Father and Mother: ? Wife: LYDIA ?, born: 175?, place: ?; died, March/April 1832 in Henry Co., VA; Father and Mother: ? Their residences, prior to 1787 unknown; 1787 to death in Henry Co., VA, on Leatherwood Creek adjoining Reuben Nance.
Their Children:
1: JAMES McCullough, b. about 1775, m. 18 Mar 1805, to (Frances/Faney KING) in Henry Co.; (listed in Henry Co census, 1840). Frances King was daughter of George King, Revolution veteran, b. 1730 in Brunswick Co VA, m. Mary Niblet, settled on Leatherwood Creek.
2: ALEXANDER McCullough, b. 15 Aug 177?; m. 2 Mar 1797 (27 Feb 1797 per Bible record) to (SUSANNAH NANCE) in Henry Co.; d. Oct/Nov 1850 Rutherford Co., TN. Susannah Nance, daughter (ninth child) of Reuben Nance (1745, Brunswick Co -1812, Henry Co) and Amy Williamson (d. 1785-90, Henry Co). Alexander, Susannah, and eight children moved from Henry Co., VA to Rutherford Co., TN about 1816. Other Nance children who migrated to Rutherford Co, TN include Sally Nance, who m. James SANDFORD; William Nance; Bird Nance, who m. Polly Hannah; Issac Nance, who m. Jane Smith; Allen Nance, who m. Elizabeth Nance; and Isham Nance. Alexander and Susannah (Nance) McCullough are my ancestors.
3: Mary McCullough b. about 1779; m. 25 Mar 1799 to (James SHIELDS) in Henry Co.
4: Bettsey McCullough, b. about 1781; m. 14 Dec 1807, to (Levi BECK) in Henry Co.
5: Nancy McCullough, b. about 1785, m. 25 Nov 1805 to (John HUNT) in Henry Co.

King and Maupine

Posted: 3 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2001 7:33PM GMT
Surnames: King
Do you have any information on a Stephen King who m/Lewany
Maupine in Henry Co in 1785?

A Stephen Kings wife Priscilla and her children came to Logan Co. Ky. abt 1815 after Stephen died in Prince William
Va in 1814. His father was Benjamin and his mother Margret
and Margret and her children also came to Logan Co Ky.
I have never been able to find out either Priscilla or Margrets last Name. (we also had the Peter Shields family
come to Logan Co Ky. abt that same time.
Lois

Re: Alexander McCullough, 17??-1832

Posted: 26 Feb 2003 6:04AM GMT
Edited: 29 Apr 2005 3:16AM GMT
Surnames: McCullough, Knotts, Wood(s)
I am looking for info on James Clark Andrew McCullough born 1/12/1854 in Marshall, VA. He married Virginia Knotts. They had one child, Nellie Mae McCullough who married Joseph Thomas Wood in Wetzel Co., WV. James McCullough died 3/8/1950 in Sardis, OH. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I have hit a brick wall with this family.

Re: King and Maupin

Dave Pendleton (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 2006 4:20PM GMT
Surnames: Maupin, King, Jones
Lurania (Lewany) Maupin was born 1757 to Jesse Maupin and Lucy Jones. She was the third generation of Maupin born in Virginia after the family's immigration from France. The Maupin family were Hugenots and fled because of religious persecution. She married Stephen King on December 16, 1785 in Henry County, Virginia and died in 1844 in Franklin County, Virginia. I will more than likely post on this subject again because I am not at home where I have the information I need. Hope that helped.

Sincerely,
David E. Pendleton

Posted: 4 Nov 2007 5:20PM GMT
Surnames: Nance, Williams, Williamson
I am also researching the family of Reuben and Amy Williams/Williamson. Have some info to share.

Posted: 6 Nov 2007 12:20AM GMT
I would like to share info re family of Reuben and Amy Williams/Williamson. My primary interest is in -
(1) learning the relationship of McCullough family in Henry Co VA to Reuben Nance;
and (2) history of the families of the numerous children of Reuben who migrated to Rutherford Co TN in the late 1700's & early 1800's.

However, my best efforts to learn your e-mail address from the message board all result in multiple, repeated screens demanding subscription to ancestry, with no contact info for you (?); and I'm not interested in subscribing to ancestry at the moment.

I think my e-mail address is available with my posted message, so please contact me directly via e-mail, and I'll be glad to exchange info.

Bill Allen

Posted: 6 Nov 2007 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: Nance, Williams, Williamson
I am researching the descendants of Reuben and Amy Williams/Williamson Nance. You can reach me at copperpenny1@hotmail.com. I can't access your email address.

Posted: 28 Aug 2012 2:42PM GMT
Surnames: McCullough Susong
Could this Alexander have also had an Elizabeth McCullough 1766-1852 who was born in Roanoke, Boutetort County, VA and died in Green Co TN. She married a Nicholas Susong. Her father was said to be Alexander McCullough.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions