Search for content in message boards

Hempe in Milwaukee County 1850's

Hempe in Milwaukee County 1850's

Mary Hempe Foege (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HEMPE, Stolper
I am researching my great-grandfather Joh. Friedrich Hempe who came to Wisconsin from Silesia, Prussia, in the early 1850s, with his second wife, Helena Stolper, and three
children, Carl, Gottfried and Anna. He is on the 1855 WI census and the 1860 federal census. He was a member of St. Martini Lutheran Church until the middle 1860s. They lived in Milwaukee County, WI.
Mary Hempe Foege mwfoege@awebstation.net

Re: Hempe in Milwaukee 's German Newspapers Index

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 11:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Jan 2013 11:20PM GMT
Surnames: Hempe Glade Stolpe Baumann Heinrich Riedel Berger Neumann
"... Joh. Friedrich Hempe who came to Wisconsin from Silesia, Prussia, in the early 1850s, with his second wife, Helena Stolper, and three children, Carl, Gottfried and Anna ... They lived in Milwaukee County, WI."

There are about 35 entries or references to the Hempe name in "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950). These include the fairly early death notices that the family published for both Friedrich and Helene Stolpe Hempe. Did daughter Anna marry John Glade? Some of the other surnames I've referenced with Hempe include Baumann Heinrich Riedel Berger Neumann.

For more specific information contact:
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping to access our historic German-American culture.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions