Search for content in message boards

Kelloway and Illingworth Families

Kelloway and Illingworth Families

Posted: 21 Sep 2009 11:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Annie Hazel Illingworth (b.1906 - twin to Elsie Edna and daughter of William Dent and Florence Ellesmere (Smith) Illingsworth of Tasmania),married Jno (I presume John) Carrick Kelloway in Victoria 1941 ---reg no 316. Does anyone know of these families and what happened to them? I would really appreciate any leads. regards, Toni

Re: Kelloway and Illingworth Families

Posted: 8 Oct 2009 9:28PM GMT
Hi Toni,
There are people by these names in Springvale cemetery
http://www.deceasedsearch.com/index.php?page=search&s_re...
Regards
Alison

Posted: 8 Oct 2009 10:23PM GMT
Surnames: Illingworth/Ellis/ Kellaway
Hi Allison, thankyou for the information on the cemeteries. I have found George Ralph Illingworth and John Carrick Kellaway. Now I need to find Elsie Edna Illingworth or Ellis, Annie Hazel Kellaway nee Illingworth and Elaine June Illingworth (still alive around about 83 but I don't know her married name). Thanks again, Toni

Posted: 9 Oct 2009 12:18AM GMT
Hi Toni,
From Vic BDM Index
Edna Elsie Illingworth m Ernest Hetherton 1937 # 11132
Ernest Royce Hetherton d 1985 aged 70 # 19932
No death for Edna up to 1985
Annie Hazel Illingworth m John Carrick Kellaway 1941 # 316
John Carrick Kellaway d 1970 aged 73 Upwey parents Alfred Charles and Annie Carrick Roberts # 16143
He was cremated at Springvale 21.7.1970 Ashes scattered .
He had a sister Gwendoline Jane Kellaway d 1972 aged 85 Ferntree Gully # 20358

No marriage for Elaine June between 1921 and 1942
No death either up to 1985
Don't know if any of this helps.
Regards
Alison

Posted: 9 Oct 2009 12:50AM GMT
Surnames: Ellis, Illingworth, Kellaway.
Hi again Alison, YES it does help. THANK YOU. Elaine June was born 25/02/1926. Her father was Cole Ellis and I have no idea about him.I am unsure if Elsie Edna is the correct Illingworth married to Hetherton.
Elsie Edna was born 23/06/1906 was born in Queenstown Tasmania to William Dent Illingworth (a hotelier in Tasmania) and Florence Ellesmere (Smith) and twin to Annie Hazel who became a Kellaway.I have the date of William's death but not that of Florence. I really appreciate your help. Genealogy becomes addictive doesn't it!!!!!!??
Take care.Regards, Toni

Posted: 9 Oct 2009 1:06AM GMT
Hi Toni,
Yes I am addicted, ask my family they think I am also mad.
Was Elaine June b 25.2.1926 born in Tasmania? Cole Ellis where was he from any idea?
Regards
Alison

Posted: 9 Oct 2009 1:27AM GMT
Surnames: Ellis, Illingworth, Kellaway
Hi, my family humour me too!!!!
I don't know exactly where Elaine was born but she lived in the St Kilda area and was put into an orphanage/boarding school for a few years and she was baptised as a Catholic in a St Kilda Catholic Church (I don't know which one) She went under the name of Illingworth until she applied for a passpot to go o/s and found that she had been registered as Illingworth not Ellis. Annie (or known as Annis) may have lived with Elsie and Elaine at some stage in Vic. Very mysterious!!
Regards, Toni

Posted: 1 Feb 2012 1:01PM GMT
Edna Elsie ILLINGWORTH who married Ernest HETHERTON was the daughter of George William ILLINGWORTH and May MURRELL and was born on the 7th July 1914, Yarra Junction Victoria

Posted: 1 Feb 2012 10:05PM GMT
Hello again Alison!!
Annis and Elsie Illingworth died and were cremated in Sydney.Their sister Merle lived in the Blue Mountains and died there. The twins (Annis/Elsie) lived on the Nth Shore. Elaine (Elsie's daughter) is still alive and lives in Qld. She married in England.
I still can't find Cole Ellis (Elsi'e husband and father to Elaine)I have been contacted for information on John Kellaway's sister who was a missionary. Do you know anything about her?
I have also been contacted by Bob Griffiths who has an enormous amount of information on the Illingworth families. His post is on this website.
I hope that all is well with you.
Regards,
Toni

Posted: 10 Feb 2012 5:32AM GMT
http://www.leshaigh.co.uk/notesstories/allsaints.html

Toni This link has photos and info re Gwen Kellaway.

Bob
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions