Search for content in message boards

7 Godin Generations - France, New Brunswick, Michigan

7 Godin Generations - France, New Brunswick, Michigan

Posted: 26 Nov 2004 10:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Godin, Goupil, Carrigan, Thomas, Veillette, Hache, Dugas, Saint Coeur, Blanchard, Robichaud, Bergeron
Here is my Godin family line...perhaps one of your ancestors is here!

Generation One:

Pierre GODIN DIT CHATILLON, b. 17 May 1630, Saint Vorle de Chatillon-sur-Seines, France; d. Abt. 1680, Port Royal, Quebec, Canada. Married to Jeanne ROUSSELIERE (b. Abt. 1628, Xaintes en Saintonge, France; d. UK, Port Royal, Quebec, Canada) in 1654 at Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Children of Pierre GODIN DIT CHATILLON and Jeanne ROUSSELIERE:

1) Gabriel GODIN DIT BELLEFONTAINE, b. Abt. 1659, New Brunswick, Canada; d. UK, prob. New Brunswick.

2) Jean Rene GODIN DIT VALCOURT, b. Abt. 1660, New Brunswick, Canada; d. UK, prob. New Brunswick.

Had eight other sons.

Notes on Pierre GODIN DIT CHATILLON: Pierre was a carpenter, like his father, and took part in “la grande recrue” by Maisonneuve in 1653, immigrating to Villemarie (later Montreal), Canada. He married the following year, and lived in Montreal for about 20 years. In 1675, he built the little chapel of Lachine and the following year sold his property to Mathurin Thibodeau to come and build a mill on the new “seigneurie” of the Sieur de La Valliere in Beaubassin, Acadie. The family then settled in Port Royal, where he died. Pierre took on the name of his native city, Chatillon, and his son, Gabriel, took the name Bellefontaine. Except for two of his sons, which kept the name Bellefontaine, the other eight sons each took on the names Beausejour, Boisjoli, Bellefeuille, Preville, Lincour and Vacourt.

Generation Two:

Jean Rene GODIN DIT VALCOURT, b. Abt. 1660, New Brunswick, Canada; d. UK, prob. New Brunswick. Married to Francoise DUGAS (b. Abt. 1700, prob. New Brunswick; d. UK, New Brunswick) about 1715 in New Brunswick, Canada. Children of Jean Rene GODIN DIT VALCOURT and Francoise DUGAS:

1) Jean Baptiste L'HUITRE GODIN, b. Abt. 1719, New Brunswick, Canada; d. 9 Nov 1809, prob. New Brunswick.

2) Antoine Ambroise GODIN, b. Abt. 1725-30, New Brunswick, Canada; d. Aft. 1772, Canada. Married to Madeleine BERGERON (sister of Angelique) on 14 Jan 1772 at Isle-Verte, Quebec.

Notes on Jean Rene GODIN DIT VALCOURT: Considered by genealogist Adrien Bergeron to be the father of the Godins of Caraquet, New Brunswick. Jean Rene immigrated to Cacouna, P.Q. when his home was destroyed as the village of Pointe Sainte Anne was burnt to the ground.

Generation Three:

Jean Baptiste L'HUITRE GODIN, b. Abt. 1719, New Brunswick, Canada; d. 9 Nov 1809, prob. New Brunswick. Married to Angelique BERGERON (b. Abt. 1725, New Brunswick; d. UK, prob. New Brunswick; daughter of Michel BERGERON and Marie DUGAS) on 14 Jan 1762, New Brunswick, Canada. Children of Jean Baptiste L'HUITRE GODIN and Angelique BERGERON:

1) Alexandre GODIN, b. Abt. 1755, New Brunswick; d. Abt. 1804, Canada.

2) Francois GODIN, b. Abt. 1757, New Brunswick; d. UK, Canada.

3) Marie GODIN, b. Abt. 1760, New Brunswick; d. UK, Canada. Married to Mr. CORMIER.

4) Marie Rosalie GODIN, b. UK, New Brunswick; d. UK, Canada.

5) Michel GODIN, b. Abt. 1762, New Brunswick; d. UK, prob. New Brunswick.

6) Marie Louise GODIN, b. Abt. 1763, New Brunswick; d. Abt. 1786, Canada. Married to Mr. THERIAULT.

7) Marie Anne GODIN, b. Abt. 1764, New Brunswick; d. UK, Canada. Married to Mr. ARSENAULT.

8) Jean Baptiste GODIN, b. Abt. 1766, New Brunswick; d. 1810, Canada.

9) Marie Joseph GODIN, b. Abt. 1768, New Brunswick; d. 10 Apr 1816, Petit-Rocher, New Brunswick.

Notes on Jean Baptiste L'HUITRE GODIN: In 1779, sold his property in Cacouna to settle at Riviere Saint Jean, on the ancestral property, with his brother, Antoine. But the arrival of large numbers of Loyalists in 1783 caused problems for the Acadians on the St. Jean River. They had not yet obtained titles for their property and ownership squabbles erupted. The Godin’s left the area and joined the Acadians (Theriault & Pinet) along the northern New Brunswick rivers. Jean Baptiste and Antoine established themselves in Caraquet, New Brunswick around 1786, west of the village now known as Bertrand. They are the ancestors of the Godin’s of Maisonnette, Petit Rocher, Pokemouche, Lameque, Tracadie Neguac and the Jacquet River.

Generation Four:

Michel GODIN, b. Abt. 1762, New Brunswick; d. UK, prob. New Brunswick; Married to Helene HACHE (b. Abt. 1777, New Brunswick; d. 30 Jun 1850, New Brunswick; daughter of Rene HACHE and Marguerite BLANCHARD) on 8 Jul 1793, New Brunswick. Children of Michel GODIN and Helene HACHE:

1) Michel Marin GODIN, b. 12 Sep 1794, New Brunswick; d. 10 Oct 1858, Canada.

2) Joseph Moise GODIN, b. 19 Feb 1796, New Brunswick; d. 5 Feb 1867, prob. New Brunswick.

3) David GODIN, b. Abt. 1797, New Brunswick; d. UK, Canada.

4) Jean Baptiste GODIN, b. Abt. 1799, New Brunswick; d. 22 Jan 1878, Canada.

5) Marie GODIN, b. Abt. 1801, New Brunswick; d. 5 Apr 1808, New Brunswick.

6) Pierre GODIN, b. Abt. 1802, New Brunswick; d. 16 Apr 1808, New Brunswick.

7) Eloi GODIN, b. 6 Sep 1806, New Brunswick; d. 5 Aug 1884, New Brunswick.

8) Marie GODIN, b. 17 Oct 1807, New Brunswick; d. 12 Apr 1808, New Brunswick.

9) Marie Antoinette GODIN, b. 6 Feb 1809, New Brunswick; d. UK, Canada. Married to Mr. DUGAS.

10) Marie Anastasie Nathalie GODIN, b. 8 May 1810, New Brunswick; d. UK, Canada. Married to Mr. CORMIER.

11) Prospere GODIN, b. 5 Nov 1811, New Brunswick; d. 2 Dec 1896, New Brunswick.

12) Cecile GODIN, b. 26 Jun 1814, New Brunswick; d. 5 Dec 1874, Canada. Married to Mr. DUGAS.

13) Rose Hermine GODIN, b. 10 Jan 1816, New Brunswick; d. 22 Sep 1883, New Brunswick. Married to Mr. DUGAS.

14) Marguerite GODIN, b. 2 Jan 1820, New Brunswick; d. 19 Aug 1864, New Brunswick.

Notes on Michel GODIN: Family lost 3 young children within two weeks in Apr 1808...epidemic?

Generation Five:

Joseph Moise GODIN, b. 19 Feb 1796, New Brunswick; d. 5 Feb 1867, New Brunswick. Married to Julie ROBICHAUD (b. Abt. 1795, New Brunswick; d. 3 Mar 1867, New Brunswick; daughter of Jean-Baptiste ROBICHAUD and Felecite CYR) on 25 Nov 1818 in New Brunswick. Children of Joseph Moise GODIN and Julie ROBICHAUD:

1) Melanie GODIN, b. 3 Sep 1819, New Brunswick; d. UK, prob. Canada.

2) Marie Salomee GODIN, b. 16 Dec 1821, New Brunswick; d. UK, prob. Canada. Married to Mr. FRENETTE.

3) Joseph GODIN, b. 11 Sep 1824, New Brunswick; d. 19 Jun 1892, prob. New Brunswick.

4) Marie Dorothy GODIN, b. 12 Nov 1826, New Brunswick; d. 20 Jan 1863, Canada. Married to Mr. POIRIER.

5) Seraphin GODIN, b. 16 Oct 1830, New Brunswick; d. 14 Jun 1831, New Brunswick.

6) Marie Rachel GODIN, b. 25 Mar 1832, New Brunswick; d. 1 Apr 1832, New Brunswick.

7) Jean Valere GODIN, b. 16 Jun 1833, New Brunswick; d. UK

8) Louis Adolphie GODIN, b. 24 Oct 1828, New Brunswick; d. 2 May 1878, New Brunswick.

Generation Six:

Joseph GODIN, b. 11 Sep 1824, New Brunswick; d. 19 Jun 1892, New Brunswick. Married to Marie HACHE (b. Abt. 1825, New Brunswick; d. UK, prob. New Brunswick) on 7 Jan 1846, New Brunswick. Children of Joseph GODIN and Marie HACHE:

1) Marie GODIN, b. 28 Feb 1847, New Brunswick; d. UK. Married to Mr. HACHE.

2) Rose Ann GODIN, b. Abt. 1848, New Brunswick; d. UK. Married to Mr. BLANCHARD.

3) Joseph dit Johnnie GODIN, b. 31 Aug 1851, New Brunswick; d. UK.

4) Marguerite GODIN, b. Dec 1852, New Brunswick; d. UK, Grand Marais, Michigan.

5) Aimee GODIN, b. Abt. 1853, New Brunswick; d. 14 Apr 1909, Paquetville, New Brunswick.

6) Georges GODIN, b. 27 Aug 1855, New Brunswick; d. 1855 (infant), New Brunswick.

7) Tranquil GODIN, b. 25 Oct 1857, New Brunswick; d. UK.

Generation Seven:

Marguerite GODIN, b. Dec 1852, New Brunswick; d. UK, Grand Marais, Michigan. Married to Francois Xavier GOUPIL (b. Nov 1848, New Brunswick; d. UK, Grand Marais, Michigan. Son of Joseph GOUPIL and Marie Rose SAINT COEUR) on 20 Feb 1871, New Brunswick. Children of Marguertie GODIN and Francois Xavier GOUPIL:

1) Margarite GOUPIL, b. 6 Jan 1873, New Brunswick; d. 29 Jun 1906, Michigan. Married to Samuel VEILLETTE.

2) Matilda "Tillie" GOUPIL, b. 1875, New Brunswick; d. 1968, Grand Marais, Michigan. Married to Mr. THOMAS.

3) Sophie GOUPIL, b. 1876, New Brunswick; d. UK, Michigan.

4) Marie Florida "Ada" GOUPIL, b. 10 Aug 1877, St. Isadore, New Brunswick; d. 29 Dec 1965, Michigan.

5) Louise GOUPIL, b. Aug 1881, New Brunswick; d. UK, Michigan. Married to Mr. CARRIGAN.

6) Arthur GOUPIL, b. Jun 1892, Michigan; d. UK, Michigan.

Notes on Marguerite GOUPIL: Immigrated from Canada to the U.S. with husband and 4 children after 1881, living in Michigan. Daughter, Margarite Veillette, was the mother of Jennie Nelson, the longest-serving elected public official in United States history. Jennie served as Seney Township treasurer for over sixty years.

Re: 7 Godin Generations - France, New Brunswick, Michigan

Lowell Mallais (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2004 10:22AM GMT
May I? Could you verify again your data, I have Jean Rene Gaudin DIT Valcourt born 1710ca son of Gabriel Godin DIT Bellefontaine. His son Jean Baptiste L'HUÎTRE Godin born 1736. I have Jean René Gaudin/Godin maried with Françoise Dugas 1636-37. Fourth generation Michel Godin was 20yrs old when he maried Helene Hache. Other then than I've got pretty near the same as your findings. Some of my findings are taken from Dictionaire National Drouin and church registers of my area. Thank you for your time and help, Lowell
secondenation.com

Lowell Mallais (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2004 10:47AM GMT
Your seventh generation (Xavier Goupil & Marguerite Godin), I have as children (taken from Shippagan NB church registor) Marie Rose Goupil born 4 Jan 1872 baptized on the 5th, Euphémie Goupil born 24 Aug 1873 baptized on the 25th, Mathiled Goupil born 24 Fev 1875 baptized on the 25th and Florida Goupil born 10 Aug 1877 baptized on the 28th in Tracadie NB
I don't Louise or Arthur, must have been born in Michigan? Your Margarite would be my Euphémie? Would you have any dates and names to go with the above children husbands and off springs? Thank you for time and help, Lowell
secondenation.com

Lynn Goodin Ward (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2004 3:22PM GMT
Surnames: Goodin, Godin, St. Coeur,Bergeron,Daigel,Comeau,Bergeron,Gould, Doiron,Manuel,Bartram
Karyn,
I am related to you. Here is my connection:

Jean Baptiste L'HUITRE GODIN
Wife-Angelique BERGERON
Son- Francois Godin 1760 Petit-Rocher, NB

Francois Godin
WIFE- Anastasie Daigel 1762
Cap St. Ignance, Quebec, CA
SON- Paul

Paul Godin (1786-1814) Paraquet, NB, CA Married 6-6-1814
WIFE- Marie Comeau (1789-)
CHILDREN
Francois-Regis

Francois-Regis Godin (1815-1881) Tracadie, NB, CA
WIFE- Dorothee St.-Coeur (1821-)
CHILDREN- Philomene (1852-?)
spouse- Charles Brideau
Adolphe (1854-?) wife-Odile Savoie
Alexandre (1857-?) wife- AdelineRichard
Richard (1861-1945)
Marie-Louise (1863-?)
spouse- Guillaume Vienneau

Richard Godin (1861-1945)
WIFE- Marie Doiron (Mary Gould- Anglicized) (1875-)
CHILDREN- Joseph
Frank (1889-1983)
Alphie (1899-1982)
Abraham Peter (1997-1966)
Adelard
Gertrude
Marie Ann
Jennie
John

Abraham (Godin) Goodin (1897-1966)
WIFE- Bridget Manuel (1896-1927)
CHILDREN- Mildred (1921-)
Albert (1922-1987)
Mary Theresa (1927-2003)
WIFE- Margaret Martin (1899-1967)
CHILDREN- Arthur (1928-)
Louise
Lionel (1929-?)
Clifford (1938-1998)

Albert Goodin (1922-1987)
WIFE- Marie Bartram (1929-)
CHILDREN- Lynn Marie (1953-)
Gail Ann (1956-)

Hi Relative!!!!
Lynn Goodin Ward

Karyn (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2004 4:50PM GMT
Hi Lowell,

I think you're right...somehow, I managed to miss an entire generation!! That's what I love about these message boards. Someone always has a piece of the puzzle to help fill in the holes in your research!!

I've had a hard time with this family, due to the numerous spelling variations in the last name. My only available source is the Latter Day Saints site, which can be helpful but often inaccurate. Based on your info, I searched again and found this:

Gabriel (Bellefontain) GODIN, b. 1 Jul 1661, Montreal, Quebec; d. Bef 1739, Quebec. Married to Andree-Angelique COCHON (b. 1662, Quebec; d. UK; daughter of Jean CAUCHON and Madeleine MIVILLE) on 24 Jul 1690 in Quebec. Wife's name is also listed as Andree Angelique JEANNES (b. 26 Mar 1671 in Ste. Famille, Montmorency Co., Quebec, daughter of Robert JEANNE and Francoise Madeleine SAVARD) and Angelique Robert Jasne COCHON (b. Abt. 1661, Acadia; same parents). The marriage date is the same for all three, so perhaps this reflects a difference in the wife's name spelling in various records? This source lists twelve children from this marriage.

Gabriel's parents are listed as:

Pierre GAUDIN-CHATILLON, b. 23 May 1630, St. Vorle Parish, Chatillon, Champagne, France; d. 20 Feb 1700, Quebec, Canada. Married to Marie Jeanne ROUSSELIERE (b. 1636, Moeze, Saintes, Saintonge, France; d. UK, Port Royal, Ille de Montreal, Quebec; daughter of Louis ROUSSELIERE or ROUSSETIERE and Isabelle PARISE) on 13 Oct 1654 in Montreal, Ille de Montreal, Quebec. Eleven children are listed from this marriage.

Pierre's parents are listed as:

Claude GAUDIN, b. 1600, St. Vol, Langres, France; d. UK, Chatillon, Champagne, France. Married to Marie BARDIN (b. 1600, St. Vorle Parish, Chatillon, Champagne, France; d. UK, Chatillon, Champagne, France) in 1620, St. Vol, Langres, Bourgogne, France. Two children are listed from this marriage.

Claude's parents are listed as:

Vorle "Teinturier" GODIN, b. 1570, Chatillon, Champagne, France; d. UK, Chatillon, Champagne, France. Married to Brigitte GOUZIER (b. 1570, St. Vorle, Chatillon, Champagne, France; d. UK, Chatillon, France) in 1590 in Chatillon, Cote D'or, Champagne, France. One child is listed for this marriage.

Perhaps someone with more resources can help confirm some of this info?

Karyn (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2004 6:44PM GMT
Surnames: Godin, Meilleur, Goupil, Goupille
Hello Again!

Thanks so much for the info on Xavier Goupil and Marguerite Godin's children. All the info I have comes from family lore and the few documents I have. It doesn't surprise me that the names were "Americanized," and I think you're right that your Euphemie is my Margarite. I got the birthdate for Margarite/Euphemie from her burial record at the Holy Rosary Cemetery in Grand Marais, Michigan. She is buried under the name Mary R. Veillette, and her birthdate is shown as Jan 6, 1873. As your record comes from the actual church register where she was born, I would think that yours is the correct date. Here's what I know of the family:

Francois Xavier "Frank" Goupil (b. Nov 1848, New Brunswick; d. UK, Grand Marais, Michigan; son of Joseph Goupil and Marie Rose Saint Coeur) married to Marguerite Godin on 20 Feb 1871, New Brunswick. Records indicate they immigrated to Michigan in or around 1884. "Frank" is listed in the U.S. census of 1900 as a "hotel keeper," which refers to the European Hotel in St. Helen, Michigan, which they owned.

Margarite (Euphemie) Goupil married Samuel Veillette in Michigan (prob. Bay City) around 1890. The family lived for a time in Bay City, Michigan. They had eight children: Lester (b. abt. 1891), Jenny (b. 1892 in Bay City, MI), Patrick, Austin, Louise, Valerie, Aura and Alice (the youngest, b. June 1929). Samuel Veillette died while his wife was pregnant with twins, who were born in June 1929. Margarite (Euphemie) died during childbirth, as did one of the twins, leaving all of the children orphaned. Lester and Jenny were already off on their own. Jenny had married Albert Nelson in 1908, and was already serving as Seney Township clerk (elected in 1921). She continued in the office until 1987 (66 years) when she finally retired at the age of 95, making her the longest serving elected public official in U.S. history.

Alice, the surviving twin, was adopted and raised by Margarite's sister, Louise Goupil and her husband, William Kerrigan. The two youngest boys, Patrick and Austin, were sent to the St. Francis Home for orphans. The three youngest daughters, Louise, Valerie and Aura, were also sent to a Catholic orphanage, and all three girls later became nuns. The "Three Nuns" (as they were called in our family!) lived out their lives in Grand Marais, Michigan. We do not know what became of Patrick and Austin.

Matilda "Tillie" Goupil (your Mathiled) was married to David Thomas. He died in 1930, and she in 1968...both are buried at Holy Rosary Cemetery in Grand Marais, Michigan. My grandfather told me that "Tillie's" first husband (name unknown) died when he was kicked in the head by a horse, and that she later remarried (presumably to David Thomas). I have no info on children for them, but there is listed a Laone Bailey Thomas (b. 1916, d. 1941) at the Holy Rosary Cemetery, who may have been their child.

Marie Florida "Ada" Goupil was my great-grandmother. She met my great-grandfather while working at her parent's hotel in St. Helen, MI. He was Oliva-Levy Meilleur (b. 8 Jan 1875, St. Andrews, Newfoundland; d. 10 Dec 1967, Mt. Clemens, Michigan; son of Levis Meilleur and Doxille Daoust). They married on 24 Oct 1898 in Caraquet, New Brunswick. Oliva legally changed his name to Levi when he was naturalized at U.S. citizen in 1946. They had six children:

1) Florence Meilleur, b. 6 Feb 1902, Grand Marais, MI; d. 23 Oct 1918 in Chicago, IL. Florence perished of the flu at the age of 16, while completing her novitiate.

2) Raymond Meilleur, b. 1904, Grand Marais, MI; d. 1957, Detroit, MI.

3) Vincent Emmanuel Meilleur, b. 23 May 1906, Grand Marais, MI; d. 24 Apr 1991, Mt. Pleasant, MI. Changed name to Paul Vincent Meilleur in 1953. Married to Dorothy Emeleen Wilson.

4) Agnes Meilleur, b. 24 Mar 1910, Grand Marais, MI; d. 2 Jun 1977, St. Clair Shores, MI. Married to William Harcourt. Twin to Charles.

5) Charles Meilleur, b. 24 Mar 1910, Grand Marais, MI; d. UK, Detroit, MI.

6) William Meilleur, b. 1915, Munising, MI; d. UK, Michigan.

Louise Goupil (b. 1881, New Brunswick; d. 1960, Grand Marais, MI) married William Kerrigan (b. 1870; d. 1949, Grand Marais, MI), around 1895-1900. I know that they had children, in addition to adopting Louise's niece, Alice. Unfortunately, I have no info on them.

Arthur J. Goupil (b. Jun 1892, Grand Marais, MI; d. 1953, Grand Marais, MI) is also buried at Holy Rosary Cemetery. I don't believe he ever married. His parents are buried there also (listed as Frank and Margaret Goupille, with no dates).

Here is the URL for the Holy Rosary Cemetery, if you'd like to check it out:

http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/mi/alger/grandmarais/ce...

Let me know if there's any more info you need!

Karyn

Karyn (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2004 6:57PM GMT
Hi Lynn!

Always glad to meet a long lost cousin! Please check my responses to Lowell's replies...seems I had missed a generation of Godin's in my research!!

My line is:

Jean Baptiste L'HUITRE GODIN
Wife: Angelique BERGERON
Son: Michel GODIN

Michel GODIN
Wife: Helene HACHE
Son: Joseph Moise GODIN

Joseph Moise GODIN
Wife: Julie ROBICHAUD
Son: Joseph GODIN

Joseph GODIN
Wife: Marie HACHE
Daughter: Marguerite GODIN

Marguerite GODIN
Husband: Francois Xavier GOUPIL
Daughter: Marie Florida GOUPILLE

Marie Florida GOUPILLE
Husband: Oliva-Levy MEILLEUR
Son: Paul Vincent MEILLEUR

Paul Vincent MEILLEUR
Wife: Dorothy Emeleen WILSON
Daughter: Lois Agnes MEILLEUR

Lois Agnes MEILLEUR
Husband: Victor VAN KAINEN
Daughter: Karyn Dorothy VAN KAINEN

Nice to meet you!!
Karyn

Robin (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2004 6:58PM GMT
Hi - I'm related as well. My great grandfather was Francois Adolphe Godin (son of Francois (Rimi) Regis Godin) who was married to Adeline Odile Savoie. He passed away on June 2, 1851. I don't have a death date for Odile. Their son Onesime Godin (b. October 16, 1901 in Portage River, NB - d. May 5, 1972 in Sanford Maine) was married to Mable Dupry (b. June 24, 1905 in Ashland Maine - d. June 17, 1990 in Sherbrook Quebec) and they were my grandparents. They had a ton of kids of which only 14 survived. Their daughter Therese Godin is my mother. she was born September 19, 1933 in Maine.

Robin

Posted: 29 Nov 2004 12:14PM GMT
Could you please verity again your data: I have Adolphe born June 21 1851, baptized on the 19th (taken from the Tracadie NB church register) and did not die on June 2 1851, but died Nov 12 1919 in Rivière du Portage NB.
Onésime was born Oct 16 1902 (in Feb 24 1901 an older Onésime was born and died Dec 16 1901)
Would love to complete your branch, do you have the parents of Mabel Dupres?
I have only one child to this couple: Adolphe born Aug 1 1929 and now Theresa
Could I have the remaining ones that I'm missing & their spouses?
If you need anything please don't hesitate and thank you for your time and help, Lowell
secondenation.com

Lynn Goodin Ward (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2004 11:22PM GMT
Surnames: Goodin, Godin,..........
Robin,
My grandparents, Abraham and Bridget (Manuel) Goodin were married in Ashland, Maine also. In fact, my father was born there .For years, my uncles lived near there in Eagle Lake and Winterville. It seems that our great grandfathers were brothers! Now about Onesime, did he ever go by the name of Lionel? I keep coming across an Onesime and/or Lionel that seem interchangable. I also had an uncle Lionel that was named after a cousin.
Lynn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions