Search for content in message boards

ROLFE, CARTER, CLARK, TIBBETS, CARRISON, from METHWOLD CRANWICH NORFOLK CO. ENGLAND >MI>WI>IA

ROLFE, CARTER, CLARK, TIBBETS, CARRISON, from METHWOLD CRANWICH NORFOLK CO. ENGLAND >MI>WI>IA

Posted: 29 Jan 2001 7:37PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2006 8:16PM GMT
Looking for any information on these connected families. JOSEPH CARTER, NATHANIEL ROLFE, EDWARD TIBBETS, JOHN CARRISON, ANTHONY CARTER, ANN ROLFE, THOMAS CLARK, JANE TIBBETS. Thanks for any help at all! Kathy kjp2u@hotmail.com

Rolfe Surname - Wisconsin

Ralph Salter (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2001 7:11PM GMT
I am researching Rolfe's (Rolf) who came from England abt 1860's - 1873 and settled in Waukesha WI. My G-Father Michael Rolfe; G-mother Ann Mary Rolfe - had 13 children. Michael's father was Daniel Rebecca Rolfe of England. Any connections?
Regards, Ralph Salter

ROLFE, CARTER, CLARK , TIBBETS from DANE CO. WI

Posted: 30 Jan 2001 8:01PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2006 8:16PM GMT
It looks as though my ancestors left Methwold,Norfolk England and settled in Dane Co.WI about 1853 or so. This the NATHANIEL and JANE ROLFE line; children, ANN, NATHAN & MARY. Ann and Mary both married Tibbets. I don't know if this helps or not but please let me know. Thanks, Kathy

Re: Rolfe Surname - Wisconsin

Posted: 12 Oct 2008 2:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Ralph, Michael Ann Mary Rolfe were my gggrandparents. I am the grandaughter of Albert & Alice Varley who lived in Waukesha WI, daughter of Edith Varley Garvens. I am interested in exchange of any information, although I have just begun my research.

Janet Pingel

Re: Rolfe Surname - Wisconsin

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 12:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rolfe/Varley -- Waukesha, WI
Hi Janet, I just read your post of 2008, and although it's been 4 years ago, I hope you're still interested in this family history. First, the sad news, 'Uncle Ralph' passed away in November 2011 at age 98, he would have been 100 this year. Being his niece, I spent much time with him after his wife passed away abt 15 years ago. He and I shared the love of family history and spent many hours together going over old family pictures and letters.
His family left Waukesha in the late 20's when he was a teenager, but he vividly remembered his relatives there and many early family events and stories and passed them on to me. Ralph's mother Mabel Grace Rolfe was the youngest of 13 children of Michael and Ann Mary Rolfe.

I also remember how excited my mother Mabel was when her 'Cousin' Alice came to our house in the mid 1950's. I think she may have made the trip down with 'Aunt Gertie'.

Another cousin, 'Mary Sue'remembers that visit and she's also interested in this family history and has contributed and shared her records. She and my brother were caregivers to Uncle Ralph in his last days. I am sure she would be overjoyed to hear of this connection to you.

Well, I could go on and on but it probably is better to wait for your reply.

With Best Regards, Genie Ryan

P.S. Will be happy to share any and all info I have, let me know what you need.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions