Search for content in message boards

Rosado

Posted: 1 May 2008 2:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rosado Crespo
Hi My name is Rebecca Rosado. I came across this site and want to learn more about my family origin. My grandfather's name was Thomas Luis Rosado and he married my grandmother Maria Crespo. I'm not sure where my grandparents were born and raised but I know they moved to Rincon, PR where my grandmother currently still lives. My dad's name is Alfredo Rosado. and i have 7 aunts and uncles from my dad's side. if anyone knows my family and knows origins it would be cool to chat.

thanks!
Posted: 29 Apr 2011 3:19PM GMT
Hi...My name is Carmen Sanchez (Rosado)...Sanchez is my husband's last name....My father was Victor Rosado....As I have been told, the Rosado family was one large family that lived In Barranquitas, Puerto Rico, but that spread around the island once they married.....My father and his family had very light skin, blonde or light brown hair and blue, green or hazel eyes....My mother was mixed taino indian by her father side (medina)....I know my father's family came fron Spain around Castilla.....The name derived from Pink which is what Rosado actually means, and they came from an area where wild pink roses grew--hence the name Rosado....there are other variations from the name---Rosa, Rosales, etc....I read that someone in our family was part of the Court in Spain during Medieval Times....
Posted: 28 May 2011 2:33PM GMT
Hey mom...

Re: Rosado

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 4:35AM GMT
Hi!

Do you have a Desiderio and a Heduviges Rosado in your Tree? They were brothers. Maybe I spelled their names wrong.

They came from around Castilla Spain (I was told) then settled in Belize, British Honduras.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions