Search for content in message boards

John Henry & Annie Eliza Sellars Marsh Alabama (Dale County also Enterprise & Dothan)

John Henry & Annie Eliza Sellars Marsh Alabama (Dale County also Enterprise & Dothan)

John King (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2004 9:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Marsh, Sellars, Sellers & Grantham
I am attempting to begin my wife's geneology. Looking for information on her grandfather's family.

Her grandfather Jesse Ray Marsh was born 9/10/1892 (Dale County, Alabama), 12/15/1919 married Sadie Cheek Cox from Greensboro, NC and died 5/19/22 (Wilmington, NC). He died before my wife's father was born 8/9/1922 so we don't have much information on his family.

His father was John Henry Marsh from Dale County and his mother was Annie Eliza Sellars I also believe to be from Dale County.

Would like to correspond with related family who might be able share family history and photos.

John King
Orlando, Florida

Re: John Henry & Annie Eliza Sellars Marsh Alabama (Dale County also Enterprise & Dothan)

Posted: 11 Mar 2005 11:26AM GMT
my sellars line is from ala he is thomas lee and she is charlotte.......do you have any more one that line?

Re: John Henry & Annie Eliza Sellars Marsh Alabama (Dale County also Enterprise & Dothan)

Posted: 2 Jun 2007 12:05AM GMT
Surnames: Marsh/Grantham/Lewis
Dear John King
My name is Kathryn Marsh Eddins and I believe we might be related.This is the first time I've been on this site and was searching around for some family when I found you.My great grandfather was Zachariah Taylor Marsh born 11 feb.1861 died 31 Dec. 1915.He was the 7th child born to parents ,Sara Ann Grantham and John Edward Marsh in Bertha Alabama.The Grantham side is from north carolina. I have more history about Thomas Grantham also.I have alist of children of Sara and John maybe it will help.
1. Marion McKelvy Marsh b. june, 1848 d. 19 Apr.1912
2.Sara Ann Marsh b.1 Apr.1850
3.Elizabeth Marsh b.21 June 1854
4.John Henry Marsh b.29 Mar.1857
6.William James(Billy) marsh b.9 Mar.1858 d.28 Feb.1927
7.Zachariah Taylor Marsh b.11 Feb.1861 d. Dec.1915
8. Mary Emma Marsh b.10Mar.1866
9.Marion Monroe Marsh b.27 Dec.1868
10.Jesse Alonso Marsh b.13 Feb.1871 d.11 Des.1926
11. Lucy Marsh b.11 Jun. 1873
12Baby daughter Marsh date of birth unknown

My great uncle Theodore Roosevelt (Bob) Marsh was the 4th born to Zachariah Taylor Marsh,Zachariahs first wife was Daisy Dean Lewis ,they had 3 children,the first born was my fathers father William Hobbson Marsh b.31 Aug. 1898, d.7 Jan.1928
hope this information helps in your search . Also my family on dad side is from Ozark Alabama, Dale County.
If you know more please contact me I haven't traced the Marsh side as far as the Granthams but I have more info if you are interested. Kathy Marsh Eddins p.s. there are some Sellers in Ozark I will try to locate more as a cousin of mine had a step Father last name Sellers

grantham

Posted: 3 Jun 2007 3:38PM GMT
Surnames: Marsh, Sellars, Grantham
I would like to share information on this family line. Please send me an email at this address: jcjsking@aol.com

This is my wife's family and she is particulary interested in how William Hobbson Marsh died. Her grandfather died at an early age from a heart attack. We were wondering if this must run in the family.

John King

Posted: 21 Jan 2008 12:26AM GMT
I would like to share information with any one on this family line.
I recently responded to a post regarding the King,Marsh,Grantham family line. I would like to learn more about them if anyone has info please contact me .
I would like to know if anyone has any information on the Lewis family Dalr co. Ala. Daisy Dean Lewis was my great grandmother who married Z.T.Marsh. She died when my grandfather Hobbson was young. Z.T.Marsh later married Laney Bowman of Dale Co. Ala.

Also anyone who might know anything of the Emma Medley Im not sure if I am spelling it correctly but she was also in my family line ,she married Rufus Elec King Dale Co. Ala. there was an Effie Medley in cottondale who was a sister I think.
please contact me if you have anything at keddins56@bellsouth.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions