Search for content in message boards

Frank Love and Stoy Love of Indiana.. BROTHERS?????

Frank Love and Stoy Love of Indiana.. BROTHERS?????

Cathy Love (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2001 4:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LOVE,
The following is an article which identifies Frank Love as the brother of Stoy Love. Although this was from a Harrison County, Indiana paper where Frank lived, much of his life was spent in Orange County, Indiana.
I have spent many hours trying to find information on Stoy Love but am not getting anywhere.
Please help if you have any ideas or information.
Thank You
Cathy Love
kycathy@bellsouth.net
THE FOLLOWING ARE EXACT COPIES FROM HARRISON CO., IND. NEWSPAPERS.
From the Corydon Republican Newspaper, Thursday August 28, 1930.
Love In Trouble Again

Frank Love of Palmyra, pleaded not guilty last Monday when arraigned before Judge T.J. Wilson to a charge of stealing a hog from Delbert Link. Being unable to furnish bond of $1,000 fixed by Judge Wilson he was remanded to jail to await his appearance in court next week. Love was arrested last Sunday night by Sheriff Babcock, who found him and his wife asleep along the road near Byrneville.
The prisoner and his brother, Stoy Love, were all in jail here several months ago on a charge of forgery. They escaped by sawing out, were captured, tried by a jury and acquitted.

Re: Frank Love and Stoy Love of Indiana.. BROTHERS?????

chip rogalinski (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2002 9:25PM GMT
My grandmother's grandmother was Bessie Love Watson. She lived in the Louisville area. Could there be a relation to your Love family?

She may have had a brother named Grover Love.

Chip Rogalinski

Barbara Whiteside (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2006 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: LOVE
I have my aunt Marguerite Wright Angs records and research in the Love family....among the notations is the following under Leonard Francis Love and Martha Shreck Love ....among their grandchildren are listed a Burrell Franklin born 1/10/1890...apparently had three marriagies. and four children, not listed.....a brother to Burrell [and she has that name underlined which seems to indicate the name he went by], is Stoy Hearst Love, born 6/9/1893. no death date listed in this particular binder, but he married twice, first to Iva Hitner in Feb 1917 and had two children...and then married Thelma Jenks Cox and had 4 more children. It says he lived in Nebraska and Denver, CO.

Burrell Franklin and Stoy are the sons of George Pleasant and Dorcas Cox Love both of Harrison County, IN. Geoge Pleasant Love also married 2nd Bertha Lee Bruce and had had one child.

Leonard Francis Love was a son of William Viers and Stacy Ann Strange Love....and a brother to my gt grandmother Frances Melvina Love Wright of Harrison and Floyd Counties in Indiana. He appears to have married 3 times, the second wife was Mrs. Adella Veder. The 3rd wife may have been Jennie Vanderslick Love and they married in Zuni, N M in 1905.

Not sure if this helps or not, but you never know.

I will keep an eye out for more info when I get the chance.

Barbara

Posted: 8 Jan 2007 6:33PM GMT
Dear Barbara;
I am related to this LOVE line, through John Christopher Love (who went by his middle name). Chris would have been Leonard F. Love's oldest brother. I would be very interested in knowing what information you have on this family. I, of course, would be willing to share what data I have collected. You can e-mail me at chris.hall@lrc.ky.gov

Regards,
Chris

Posted: 8 Jan 2007 6:34PM GMT
Dear Barbara;
I am related to this LOVE line, through John Christopher Love (who went by his middle name). Chris would have been Leonard F. Love's oldest brother. I would be very interested in knowing what information you have on this family. I, of course, would be willing to share what data I have collected. You can e-mail me at chris.hall@lrc.ky.gov

*** appears to have messed up when I first tried to send..sorry if my message posts twice.

Regards,
Chris
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions