Search for content in message boards

Arvilla (Rindahl) Bleeck

Arvilla (Rindahl) Bleeck

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 1:41AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Rindahl, Bleeck
Looking for info on Arvilla (Rindahl) Bleeck, born July 2, 1905 in Fetile, Polk, Minnesota. Looking specifically for the date of her marriage to Ernest Hugh Bleeck. 1932 Seattle, WA city directory shows Ernest & Arvilla living there...Ernest's first wife died April 2, 1928, so it has to be in the span of those few years, but I have been extremely unsuccessful in trying to find any info leading to a marriage certificate...or really any info about their life together.

Re: Arvilla (Rindahl) Bleeck

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 2:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Births for that period of time are not always recorded, so she may have been born in/near Fertile, but the birth not registered.

Was Arvilla a first or middle name?

I can't find Arvilla, but can find at least one, maybe two females of the correct age with the middle initial A living in Polk County. There are some Rindahls also living in the adjoining Red Lake County.

What were her parents' names? There is more than one Rindahl family. Do you know the names of any of her siblings?

Fertile [not Fetile] is located in Garfield Township, Polk County, Minnesota.

Searching for surnames only, I couldn't find any Bleeck, Bleek, Bleak, spellings (or parts thereof) for any male getting married in Minnesota with that name. No Arvilla Rindahl/Rindal.

Without additional info, I'm stuck.

Re: Arvilla (Rindahl) Bleeck

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 7:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Sorry, yes, I do have some more info! Should've posted it all at once.

As far as I know, Arvilla (sometimes Arvella) is a first name. She was born to Alexander O & May Rindahl on July 2, 1905 in Fertile, Polk, MN. Siblings were Benton (1907-1995), Clarina (1912-1991), Myron (1919-1999) and Audry (1922-1942).

1910 Census shows her living in Bear Park, Norman, Minnesota.

1920 Census shows her living in Barnesville, Clay, Minnesota .

I found a 1926 Fort Wayne, IN city directory that lists an Arvilla Rindahl living in the city as a student. Since that
s all the info it lists, I cannot be sure that this was/was not her, but the timing would be pretty close, as she would have been about 21.

I think I said before that I found Arvilla & Ernest listed together in the 1932 Seattle, WA city directory.

Sometime after 1932 they moved to Cleveland, OH where Ernest worked with the Addressograph-Multigraph Corp, as he has in Chicago (he lived in Chicago from sometime around 1924 til at least 1928, when his first wife, Ida Davis (1904-1928) died of TB). I found in a small-town WA paper that Ernest & Arvilla moved back to Seattle around 1943.

Both of their SS cards were issued in Ohio. I know the first were issued in November 1936, but that doesn't help my timeline much.

Ernest died in Arlington, Snohomish, Washington on July 16, 1982 - Arvilla died in the same town 2 years later on September 8, 1984.

Since they seem to be kinda all over the map, I've no idea where they would have gotten married. I searched MN, IL, IN and WA all as possibilities but seem to have come up empty. However, I've only been researching for about two years and realize I'm still basically a novice! Fresh eyes usually help....and those eyes usually have more experience than I do! I've been searching for info on Ernest forever, and while we know a lot more now than we did two years ago, I'm frustrated that he seems to be a slippery snake, avoiding things like marriage licenses (I cannot find one for he & Ida, his first wife, either), the 1930 census (so far I can't find him in the '40 either, but I know that data is still being uploaded so I'm trying to patiently wait it out!), etc. His daughter with Ida, my grandma, is now 86 and grew up without either parent, as she was placed in an orphanage when Ida was diagnosed with TB. I started out doing all this research for her, but now I want to know more, too!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic