Search for content in message boards

100,000 worng records

100,000 worng records

Posted: 12 May 2013 5:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
I do not know how I got to 100,000 records.
When I look at my forest I see names such as ","

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of all those not related to me?

Oren
Attachments:

Re: 100,000 worng records

Posted: 12 May 2013 8:59AM GMT
Edited: 12 May 2013 9:33AM GMT
Yikes. Do you have your tree backed up? If so, delete the online tree and upload your backup.

Posted: 12 May 2013 3:10PM GMT
You need to call Ancestry support, speak with a tech (best done on a weekday). This looks like a glitch, providing you have some memory of the size of your tree ( approximately how many profiles (not "records") you had in your tree) before you noticed the 100,000+ number. If you sync with the FTM program, that may be the culprit).

Posted: 12 May 2013 4:10PM GMT
Did you upload this tree from a gedcom file? If so, my guess is it's the result of an error in the gedcom or in reading the gedcom - especially since the tree is not sync'd to FTM and it appears you haven't clicked and copied from other trees.

I didn't spend a lot of time looking at your tree, but most of those I did look at were unnamed spouses in families (and a few were unnamed children attached to a parent).

Posted: 12 May 2013 4:17PM GMT
I uploaded from a file some time ago. Since than I think that I changed some profiles.

I have no idea how the unnamed populated my tree to become over 100,000.

How can I get support? only by phone? or is there a mail service?

Posted: 12 May 2013 4:19PM GMT
I uploaded from a file some time ago. Gencom file? I do not remember.

Since than I think that I changed some profiles.
I have no idea how the unnamed populated my tree to become over 100,000. one day I received a message that my tree was too big.

How can I get support? only by phone? or is there a mail service?

Posted: 12 May 2013 5:17PM GMT
Try support@ancestry.com - and good luck :-)

Posted: 12 May 2013 9:30PM GMT
Edited: 12 May 2013 9:36PM GMT
I would call, see "Contact Us" the link is lower left of any page.

Tech can go into your tree and see what's going on. You do have to have some specifics to give them.

How versed are you using the online tree program? How long ago did you upload the GED?

Ancestry has been trying to phase out email support, the community "support forum" were created to replace email support. One way or another, you're going to have give a clear and specific picture of where you started and how you arrived to the present.

Profiles in a tree don't multiply on their own, it's always some action performed by the user that creates multiples. If you're using FTM, then you should be aware of multiples possibly being created from the sync function. There's daily discussion of that on the FTM board.

Posted: 12 May 2013 11:09PM GMT
These don't appear to be duplicates, but rather unnamed people in the database. It's also not a sync'd tree (might have been at one time, but isn't now).

As it is not a toll free call from Israel, I'd try emailing support first.

Posted: 13 May 2013 2:40AM GMT
I see 26,000+ profiles in the tree, not 100, 000+.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic