Search for content in message boards

The names Dankhoff,Denkhoff,Dnkhaf,Danhoff

The names Dankhoff,Denkhoff,Dnkhaf,Danhoff

Posted: 13 Jan 2005 10:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dankhoff,Dinkhoff,Danhoff,Dnkhaf,Denkhoff
I have just recently started researching my husband's side of the family. I never knew there were so many different ways to spell a name. The ones I have listed above are a few of them. I think the name of his great grandfather is Adolph Rudolph,or Adaugh,or Adolphus Denkhaf or Denkhoff (which is how we spell it)or Dankhoff or Dinkhoff I colud go on and on.Est birth yr is1839.He departed from Bremen,Germany at age 24 yrs.Place of origin Preubien (hope that is spelled right)His destination was New York. His ships name was the Agnes.He arrived here in the USA on July 27,1863.I have him in the service shortly there after. He married Martha Smith from Georgia. They moved to Ky I assume in 1880 that is the first time I find them in the census. They had 3 sons John,Whiley,and Charles Patrick.Charles is my husbands Grandfather.I have looked for the parents of Adolph or Adolphus found one that was born in1796.Could use any help that I can get. I am amatur at this,but I am trying.Charles Patrick drowned at the age of 24 in 1907 of accidental drowning.He left 2 smalls boys ages 1 and 3 one of whom was my husband's father.

Re: The names Dankhoff,Denkhoff,Dnkhaf,Danhoff

Posted: 6 Jan 2007 8:54PM GMT
Hallo
i fond your question and information about Adolph Dankhoff. In my family i have a Adolph Dankhoff born 1847 in Neusalz today poland.

Rajko

Posted: 10 Jan 2007 12:42AM GMT
I am so excited.Did this person migrate to the USA?That is about the year he was born.Here is the information I have.Born around 1839.Arrived in usa 07-27-1863 Port of departure was Bremen,Germany.Place of orgin was Preuben(I think) Destination New York.His ship was the Agnes.If this could be the same person we are talking about let me know.

Posted: 11 Jan 2007 7:49PM GMT
Hallo

i have a little problem with the year of born.
I found a Adolph Dankhoff 1843
and a Adolph Dankhoff 1847
and a Adolph Denkhoff 1839

i dont now how is the right for you.

Posted: 11 Jan 2007 7:49PM GMT
Hallo

i have a little problem with the year of born.
I found a Adolph Dankhoff 1843
and a Adolph Dankhoff 1847
and a Adolph Denkhoff 1839

i dont now how is the right for you.

Posted: 16 Aug 2013 12:35PM GMT
I know this is about 5 yrs late.But can you give me any other information on Adolph Dankoff?

Posted: 17 Aug 2013 8:03PM GMT
Surnames: Sabine Sengstake Köhler
may help in the search genealogy net ortsfamilienbücher more.
put into google genealogy net
- Online-OFBs: genealogy net
- look at Mecklenburg Vorpommern,or
Brandenburg,or Oberschlesien .....
- top left Gesamtliste der Familiennamen
ABC..... You must search,
good luck
The local name Preubien or Preuben can be prussian.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions