Search for content in message boards

Crawford County Farm Atlas

Crawford County Farm Atlas

Posted: 9 Sep 2002 12:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jan 2003 2:24AM GMT
Surnames: CHILDS, DILLEY, AMBROSE, STARKEY, HILLMAN
I have an Atlas and Farm Directory of Crawford County listed by Township plats dated 1914. If you would like me to look up any information, please contact me. Does anyone else have a similar book with a different date? This lists property owners by family name, members and length of time in the township.

Re: Crawford County Farm Atlas

Posted: 12 Sep 2002 11:54AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2005 2:42AM GMT
Surnames: Dove, Ryan
Would you see if there is a listing for Ed and Kate Dove in Clayton Township? I would appreciate it - thanks.

Posted: 12 Sep 2002 8:18PM GMT
Hi Bob: I checked all townships in the book and I'm sorry there were no families named Dove. Any others you want me to check - this is a great book!!

Posted: 17 Sep 2002 2:09AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2005 2:42AM GMT
Thanks for checking, Sally. Would you look for two more, both in Clayton Township. John Ryan and Michael Ryan (they were father and son and had two different locations). If you don't mind, email me direct at BobSch4414@AOL.com

Thanks

Judy Schoville Buchanan (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2002 8:01PM GMT
Surnames: Ryan, Dove
According to the plat map for Clayton Township, Crawford Co., Michael Ryan owned 160 acres next to a property owned by Ed Dove consisting of 40 acres in sections 20 and 21. Then in township 10N Range 3 sections 27 and 28 an Ed Dove owned 40 acres and 80 acres next to each other. They are not listed as property owners in the alpha listing, but it shows them on the map for the township. These sections are about 5 miles east of Gays Mills.
Then in 1956 farmers directory(only alpha list no map) there are still Ryan family members living in Clayton Twnshp, Gays Mills(Paul) and Soldiers Grove(Walter, John and Bill).

Posted: 12 Dec 2002 2:53PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2003 7:41PM GMT
Would you mind looking up Abrams name in your farm Atlas. John Newton Abrams owned a farm east of Gays Mills in an area called Rolling Ground. It was in the family for over 70 years. The last owner being Charles Abrams in the 1950s.

Posted: 12 Dec 2002 10:39PM GMT
J. N. Abrams, R1, Soldiers Grove Post Office, Clayton Township; section 29, 150 acres; section 20, 40 acres; wife Ida A., children Charles, Louis, lived in county 34 years.

Do you need me to check any other areas for relatives?

Posted: 13 Dec 2002 1:48PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2003 7:41PM GMT
I think that is all I want right now. Thanks a lot. George

Posted: 7 Jan 2003 11:23PM GMT
I just seen your post and was wondering if you could see if there is a McDonald, Thomas in Clayton township. I am running in to dead ends alot with him. Thanks

Linda C

Posted: 8 Jan 2003 5:04PM GMT
Edited: 4 Feb 2003 12:48PM GMT
Linda: I checked the whole book - there is no reference to any McDonald's which I find strange. When I was growing up, there were lots of McDonald's in that area. Anything else I can check for you? Sal
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions