Search for content in message boards

McBride and Martin marriages Berkeley Co, WV

McBride and Martin marriages Berkeley Co, WV

Posted: 6 Oct 2007 8:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Jane Martin married Vincent McBride on April 16, 1842 in Berkeley Co, WV and Sarah Anne Martin married James McBride on October 28, 1844 in Berkeley Co, WV. James Martin posted bond for both girls.
Can anyone tell me if Jane and Sarah were sisters and Vincent and James were brothers?

Re: McBride and Martin marriages Berkeley Co, WV

Posted: 28 May 2008 11:02PM GMT
I have a Mary Ann Martin marrying a John McBride about 1830.
I don't know whether this was in Scotland or Ireland but there first son was born in Ayrshire. Any connection?

Posted: 9 Jun 2008 7:28AM GMT
My McBrides came from Ireland. I think the Martins, too.
I do know both marriages took place in West Virginia.
I know Jane was born in Virginia. Not sure where Vincent was born.
I don't know the parents of either Jane or Vincent.
So right now I can't tell you if there is any connection.

Posted: 10 Apr 2009 11:43PM GMT
I wish I know the answer to your question. Sarah Ann Martin & James McBride were my GG grandparents on my mother's side. I believe Sarah's parent are James Martin & Rachel Johnson. I can't find any further info. on them, birthdate,marriage, or if they had any other children. I'm coming to a deadend. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 17 May 2009 7:04AM GMT
James Martin and Sarah Ann Martin were married in Berkeley County, WV on 10/28/1844.
I believe they had the following children: John,Rachel,Stephen,Mary,Ruth, and Frances.
I believe James and Sarah were brother and sister to my gggrandparents, Vincent McBride and Jane Martin.

Posted: 22 May 2009 5:21PM GMT
Surnames: McBride, Strawderman(Stodoman), Arnolds, Shaffer
I have McBride in my family tree. They are Alexander McBride marr Margaret Wilson he was born in Ireland died in Hampshire Co.,VA on 3 Nov 1794. Him and Margaret were married about 1750 or in this time period. I have them having a son John McBride (born in Ireland abt.1755/1750) whom married Elizabeth Stodoman or Strawderman 18 Nov 1777 in Hampshire Co., VA(now WV)and they had 11 children (John & Elizabeth)as follows;Sarah, Margaret, Alexander,Mary, Thomas, Elizabeth,John-(whom is my line of descendants); Weldon, Peter, Robert, and Anna. Most likely some of your descendants came from this line. The areas are very close and at one time was the same area as well as Westmoreland Co., VA and Augusta area. I'd be glad to work with anyone if you reply or contact me. I only have my side where John McBride married Elizabeth Arnold; and I can only find my gr gr. grandmother Drusilla McBride whom married a Robert Monroe and a son/my 2nd gr. granmothers brother Robert McBride whom married a Mary Saville. I'm sure there was more children, but I too have hit a stumbling block trying to find more. If you think this could possibly be in your links. Please contact me I am always looking for more siblings and links.

Posted: 11 Jul 2010 2:18PM GMT
Surnames: McBride, Allen, Larimore, James, Cowan, White
I have a typed copy of the will of a John McBride of Hampshire Co., VA dated 21 Jan 1826.

Summary of will:
John McBride left to sons Elijah, John, Adoniram; to children of deceased daughter Sarah James; to the female children of daughter Ruhama Allen; daughter Bersheba Cowan specific dollar amounts.

He left to his 5 daughters Rhoda, Eliza, Maria, Matilda White, and Zelpha R. his farm. Rhoda received 2/6 and each of the others 1/6 of land and personal property.

Frederick Sheetz and Rhoda McBride were administrators.

His will was proved 20th of July 1829, recorded Liber 9 or J (couldn't tell) and folio 139.

I do not have a copy of the original. I'm not a McBride researcher, but this family later marries into my Hollenback family.

Ruhamma McBride Allen, listed above, was the wife of Thomas Allen. Their son Col. James Allen b 1802 m Catherine Hollenback 24 or 25 Oct 1824.

I'm looking for a McBride-Larimore connection. Does anyone have one?

LouAnn in NC
per page

Find a board about a specific topic