Search for content in message boards

Will do look up

Will do look up

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 10:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Will do look ups in Baton Rouge Diocese, New Orleans Diocese and South West Louisiana books.

Re: Will do look up

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 3:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Simon Belton Tolba
Hello I'm looking for any information on Glaffey "Gladys" R. Simon Born Feb. 20, 1920, in Oklahoma. She married William "Willie" Nathaniel Belton Sr. Born Jan. 25th 1919 in Oklahoma. They married in Dec of 1936. I'm not sure but I think her mother's name was Odessa, it said on her death cert. her mother maiden last name was Tolba, but Odessa married Glaffey's father Who had the last name of Simon. I was told his name was Edgar Simon, I don't know his birthdate, but Glaffey was his first child by first wife Odessa. I know Odessa at some point live in Alexandria, LA and Glaffey with her.I can't put much information together on Edgar and I'm thinking its because of them moving and switching names possibly. It was said the Edgar's name was George Edgar Simon, I believe his father is Joseph Simon Jr. and Joseph's father is Joseph Simon Sr., but none of this has been confirmed. Please help if you can? Thank you in advance.

Re: Look up to your query re Odessa, Glaffey Simon Belton, and Willie Belton

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 5:31AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 8 Mar 2013 6:46PM GMT
Surnames: SIMON - BELTON
Dear Vernisha:

Here is your widowed Odessa Simon, in 1940, in Alexandria, Louisiana. Living with her are her children: Leroy and Ida Mae Simon, and Glaffey (Simon) Belton, who is married and has two children: Willie (Jr.) and Cleveland Belton. Glaffey was living in Oklahoma in 1935(37). Here are the LDS web addresses for this census record. It may also be on Ancestry, but I didn't look, yet:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-27770-1777-45?...

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VY5W-FYP

Odessa Simon, "United States Census, 1940"

name: Odessa Simon
event: Census
event year: 1940
event place:
Alexandria, Police Jury Ward 1, Rapides, Louisiana, United States
marital status: Widowed
race (original):
race (standardized): Negro
relationship to head of household (original):
relationship to head of household (standardized): Head
birthplace: Louisiana
estimated birth year: 1905
residence in 1935: Same House
enumeration district number: 40-16B
family number: 107
sheet number and letter: 5A
line number: 28
nara publication number: T627
nara roll number: 1441
digital folder number: 005454559
image number: 00680

HOUSEHOLD
head
Odessa Simon F 35 Louisiana
son
Leroy Simon M 17 Louisiana
daughter
Ida Mae Simon F 14 Louisiana
daughter
Glaffey Belton F 20 Louisiana
grandson
Willie Belton M 3 Louisiana
grandson
Cleveland Belton M 1 Louisiana

Citing this Record
"United States Census, 1940," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VY5W-FYP : accessed 26 Feb 2013), Odessa Simon, Alexandria, Police Jury Ward 1, Rapides, Louisiana, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 40-16B, sheet 5A, family 107, NARA digital publication T627, roll 1441.

I believe the following is your Willie Belton, Sr., incorrectly named Willis here (transcription error) in Okmulgee, Oklahoma, in 1940. He is married, but he and his brother, Lucius, are living with their step-father, Frank E. Barnett, and their mother, Iles. Glaffey's record shows that both children (ages 2 and 1) were born in Louisiana, but she had lived in Oklahoma in 1935, and Willie lived in Oklahoma in 1935. As to why and when the two separated, you will have to use the family stories and your own imagination to figure that out! They were just kids!
Here are the web addresses for Willie's records:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VBK3-56Z

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1971-27774-2313-16?...

name: Willis Belton (Record shows Willie)
event: Census event year 1940
event place: Ward 1, Okmulgee, Okmulgee City, Okmulgee, Oklahoma,United States
marital status: Married
race (original)
race (standardized): Negro
relationship to head of household: Stepson
birthplace: Oklahoma
estimated birth year: 1919
residence in 1935: Same Place
enumeration district number: 56-26
family number: 29
sheet number and letter: 2A
line number: 24
nara publication number: T627
nara roll number: 3319
digital folder number: 005454660
image number: 00008

head: Frank E Barnett M 72 Alabama
wife: Iles Barnett F 42 Arkansas
stepson: Lucius Belton M 17 Oklahoma
stepson: Willis Belton M 21 Oklahoma

I hope this is of some help to you. You should be able to go backward from here. If I find anything else, I will email it to you. Sometimes we never find out the real stories, and we don't know what hardships and tragedies befell our ancestors, but there is One who does know and remember, and he says: Proverbs 10:7 "The remembrance of the righteous one is due for a blessing."

Best regards.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions