Search for content in message boards

Phantom/Ghost Hint Resolution when you have 20K+ Hints?

Phantom/Ghost Hint Resolution when you have 20K+ Hints?

Posted: 14 May 2013 12:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a tree with 90K people, and 20K+ hints that I am slowly working my way through... I currently have 54 phantom or ghost photo hints and 11 phantom story hints. After contacting customer service, I was asked to send the names of the people who had the ghost hints.... with so many hints, it's not really easy to figure that out. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Re: Phantom/Ghost Hint Resolution when you have 20K+ Hints?

Posted: 14 May 2013 12:53AM GMT
Do you have tree hints on or off? Tree hints are the largest portion of junk hints.

I have not had a phantom hint in the better part of a years (knock on wood).

Posted: 14 May 2013 5:44AM GMT
are you talking about true hints (as in, the 1920 census record for John Jones) or are you talking about the suggested connections hints? The latter is the only place I see phantoms (I have tree hints turned off). When I wade through the connections, often I will continue to see a notice that I have suggested connections, even when I have rejected all of them.

Posted: 12 Mar 2014 12:47AM GMT
Sorry for the long delay - it's all types of hints - mainly it's the photos that annoy me. I now have 45 and it keeps creeping up. If I knew the person they were attached to, I would call IT, but I have 14,822 people with hints at the moment so it's not really a realistic thing to figure out.

Posted: 12 Mar 2014 5:53AM GMT
Try turning off hints completely for a few weeks and then turning them back on.
No guarantees but it doesn't harm your tree at all to try.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions