Search for content in message boards

New Image Viewer

New Image Viewer

Posted: 14 May 2013 6:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Ancestry keeps saying the new image viewer will become permanent by the end of May. I have not yet tried it out. How to do you get to the new image viewer? Thanks.

Re: New Image Viewer

Posted: 14 May 2013 8:30PM GMT
I am attaching a screen shot-to see the new image viewer-click on "try it now". I don't care whether this is interactive or not but I guess some do. Some say they cannot view the old image viewer and this one will help. Anyway, it's coming. I don't have a problem with it now although for some reason I did at the very first. The Ancestry people who are doing this think this is the most wonderful thing in the world and cannot figure out why we don't just love it like they do.
Attachments:

Posted: 14 May 2013 8:57PM GMT
I can't seem to find the "Try it now". Perhaps I am already using the new image viewer and don't know it. What does the census page look like when using the new image viewer? Thanks

Posted: 14 May 2013 11:14PM GMT
Here is what a page looks like. Try it now may be in more than one location depending on the decade.
Attachments:

Posted: 15 May 2013 12:13AM GMT
mbjlm, thanks.

When I go to the 1940 census and click on the tiny census image, up comes the census page you have displayed. Mine is like yours except mine is not yellowish at the top but white.

So for the 1940 census, I guess I am using the new image viewer.

However, in checking about the new image viewer, I have encountered a most peculiar problem. When I try any other census year and click on the tiny census image that says "view original image" I am NOT taken to the image, but instead back to Ancestry's home page! The page that you use when you hit the tabs to "Search" or to "Family Trees", etc.

This seems to just now have happened because earlier today I used the census images, viewed them, and saved them to AMT.

Help, what is wrong? Thanks

Posted: 15 May 2013 3:25AM GMT
I'm afraid I am not competent to help in this regard. But here is something you can try. On this same Ancestry forum there is one called Ancestry Site Comments. Click on that now and the first thread that shows right now is "new viewer does not work for me" there are others with the same problem. Scroll down until you find the last message from Gentry Davis on this thread-he is one of the developers of the new viewer option. I noticed that he has offered to walk someone through the problem so maybe he can help you. I had the same problem when they first offered the new viewer and then all of a sudden the problem was gone. You might just click on his name and go through to his contact and leave your message directly for him. Good luck.

Posted: 15 May 2013 4:01AM GMT
Looking at the images just now, it appears everything has been switched. Have you tried it in the last few minutes.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic