Search for content in message boards

North Tuddenham & surrounds

North Tuddenham & surrounds

Posted: 31 Jan 2002 2:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jul 2013 6:29PM GMT
Have just re-read many of the hundreds of messages and cannot believe that I am able to make so little contact seeing as I appear to be a Norfolk 'Dumpling' through & through for many, many generations!

Will try something different.

A great many of my main name families come from North Tuddenham & the villages around. If anyone has any families from this area I may be able to help.

The following list is NOT definitive, but these are some of my interests from this area:
ALLENDEN (any spelling); GREENGRASS; BUSH; ELLIOT' SAVORY; JENN(E)Y
;NORTON;TAYLOR;TRAPPETT;DALLIDAY;WALES;PARLETT.

Just trying another tac for a change.

Happy to help & share

Greengrass Link

Patti Dolman (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2002 1:57PM GMT
Surnames: Greengrass
Please send more details on your connection to the Greengrass line and I'll let you know if it corresponds to my line.Thanks
Patti Dolman

Re: Greengrass Link

Posted: 15 Apr 2002 5:25AM GMT
Edited: 22 Dec 2002 3:31PM GMT
Surnames: GREENGRASS,ALLENDEN
Patti
MARGARET GREENGRASS was my x6gtgrandmother. Her baptism/birth is shown on 29 September 1736.
My connection is her husband,JOHN ALLENDEN (variously shown as ALINDEN,ALONDON etc). The ALLENDENs have very few researchers throughout the world & any contact with another who may connect with the family would be of help.

Margaret & John married at North Tuddenham on July 2nd 1754.

This family has been very hard for me to positively identify, so I would be delighted if we have information to share.

Greengrass/Allendon

Posted: 15 Apr 2002 12:47PM GMT
Surnames: Allendon/Greengrass
Try a web-site called "familysearch.com". There are 61 listings for the name Allendon.It appears that some went to the United States.......Kentucky, Pennsylvania,Ohio and that a prefix "Mac" was added to some names.
I've never come across a Margaret Greengrass and at this stage of my search I'm tracing back from a marriage of Edward Greengrass to Charlotte Wenbornin 1856 in Lambeth.
I hope this will be of some help.
Regards,
Patti

Posted: 14 Jul 2002 1:34AM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2002 10:43PM GMT
Before I was adopted in 1948 my name was peter john greengrass, my fathers name was either Jack or John greengrass, during the 2nd world war he was stationed in scappers flow in scotland, he was in the royal marines, I am living in Canada and would like to trace his steps, thank you.

Posted: 14 Jul 2002 11:02PM GMT
Surnames: greengrass
Hi Patti, I was born 1938 London England, my name then was Peter greengrass, Father, Jack or John Greengrass married Edith Maude Baker around 1937. marriage broke up about 1945. Mother re married Derrick Woodward 1950, I was adopted during this time, the we immigrated to Canada. I might add that Jack or John Greengrass was stationed at Scappa flow in Scotland during ww2 and he was a Royal Marine, any info you may have would be helpful thank you Peter..

Re: North Tuddenham & surrounds - GREENGRASS

Posted: 15 Jul 2002 12:29PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2013 6:45PM GMT
Surnames: Greengrass
I would be happy to assist in whatever way I can.Will the adopting agency provide you with any details? Please e-mail me directly if you like: cdolman@interlog.com. I live in Thornhill, Ontario, so you may want to call me.
Patti

Re: North Tuddenham & surrounds

Posted: 30 Sep 2002 11:35PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2013 6:45PM GMT
Surnames: SAVORY, STEWARDSON, LE TREE,
I noticed your message, and saw that your list of names include Savory. I am researching my Norfolk ancestors which include the following: Stewardson; Savory; LeTree; Browne; Freeman. After 1700 they are all in Norwich, but in the rural areas prior to that. On my father's side I am reaearching the following from rural Norfolk: Crane, Folkard, Emms, Moore, and Hales. The Savory family I have is from the early 1800s.
Any information that we can exchange? Pat

Re: NORTH TUDDENHAM & SURROUNDS

Posted: 12 Nov 2002 7:32PM GMT
Edited: 19 Nov 2002 1:06AM GMT
I CAN TRACE MY FAMILY BACK TO JOHN AND SARAH SAVORY. JOHN WAS BORN ABOUT 1801 IN OVERY, NORFOLK, ENGLAND. CAN ANYONE HELP?

Posted: 17 Sep 2003 7:01PM GMT
Surnames: Allendon,Trappett,Taylor
My direct line is John Allendon born 1796 in Tussenham Norfolk England. He died 13 Oct 1870 I don't have where. He married Susanna Taylor. She was born No. Tuddenham Norfolk England in about 1782. She died 28 Jan 1880 there and was buried there on 31 Jan 1880. They had 8 children. The oldest is my direct line Charlotte born 9 Oct 1818 there also. She married William Trappett on 2 Aug 1875. Charlotte died 17 Nov 1907.

I would like to share any Allendon information you have. I have not verified the Allendon information. It came from Allend Family Group Sheets in the Family History Center of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS) in Salt Lake City. I do not show John's parents names.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions