Search for content in message boards

cherokee indian ancestors

cherokee indian ancestors

Posted: 5 Jun 2002 2:06PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 23 Oct 2008 9:47PM GMT
Surnames: JARRELL, FRANKLIN, GOIN, FITZGEARLD, CAMPBELL, UNDERWOOD, LAWHORNE, GILES, FITZJARRELL
to anyone out there who can help me tie in my indian heritage through these surnames Lawhorne, Campbell,Goin,Jarrell,Fitzgearld,Underwood,Fitzjarrell,Giles Franklin

Re: cherokee indian ancestors

Posted: 18 Jul 2003 6:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 May 2005 2:58AM GMT
Hi Gloria, I am from the jarrell line. I have quite a bit of info and will be happy to share. Give me a couple weeks. In the meantime you can go to World Family Tree. I know for sure Family Tree Maker. The line has been traced about 14 generations.
I feel it is the line you are talking about. Good Luck.
Martha

Posted: 18 Jul 2003 7:33AM GMT
Edited: 23 Sep 2005 6:58AM GMT
Surnames: Jarrell ,Underwood,
Hi Martha I would love to share some info with you to here is my line Wesley Overton Jarrell b 1917 d 1994, his father Elam Overton Jarrell b 1874 d 1950 , Samuel Jarrell b 1852 died ? his father Joseph Jarrell born 1829 died between 1860 -1870 is this the line with the Indian .I have lots of Underwoods to .Gloria

Posted: 8 Feb 2006 9:40PM GMT
Surnames: Underwood
I am descended from Mary E. Underwood, possible Indian blood on my mother's side. Mary's father was Lewis Underwood born 01 Oct. 1808 in Georgia. What are your Underwood names?

Posted: 9 Feb 2006 5:30PM GMT
Please check with Gloria Jarrell from the list. I am looking for Jarrells, Wells, Meeks,Middletons, Hurts, Shotts, at this time. Gloria has a great up to date list of information. If you need her email contact me and I will ask permission to share it.
Thanks for replying.
Martha Palmer

Re: cherokee indian ancestors - Underwood?

Posted: 9 Feb 2006 7:07PM GMT
What Underwood names do you have associated with Indian? I am descended from Mary E. Underwood born in Alabama in 1843. Her father was Lewis Underwood born in Georgia 1808.

Gloria Jarrell (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2006 7:36PM GMT
E-mail me at glodawn552002@yahoo.com and I will give you what I have.Gloria

Posted: 9 Feb 2006 7:40PM GMT
I am descended from all the Samuel Underwoods I have quite a bit of info on them maybe we can link it up somehow.Gloria

martha palmer (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2006 4:58PM GMT
Hi Gloria, this is Martha Palmer here distant cuz who met on line in the Jarrell family.

Posted: 11 Feb 2006 9:09PM GMT
Surnames: Jarrell Martin
Hi Martha Here is what I have on my Joseph Jarrell believe he married Elizabeth Martin daughter of Matthew Martin born abt1773-1776 Matthew married Edith Staton daughter of George Staton and Sarah or Susan Robertson abt 1812 ethier in Nelson Co.VA or Buckingham,VA..Found a Civil War pension filed for an Elizabeth Jarrold at the LVA she filed for it in 1889 says that her and Joseph Jarrell married in 1844 Floyd Co. VA.Says on the civil war pension filed that Joseph Jarrold died 1863.On the 1850 census records in Franklin Co.VA Elizabeth and Joseph Jarrell are living right next door to John Jarrell and Anney Martin also daughter of Matthew and Edith Staton Martin.Found Joseph Jarrell on the 1850 census 1860 census but by 1870 Elizabeth Martin Jarrell is a widow.Found Hubbard Jarrell who was one of Joseph Jarrell and Elizabeth Martins sons living in Floyd Co.VA in the 1890 census in Floyd Co.VA yes I said 1890 Floyd Co.VA has a website and it was on there.Also found John A. Jarrell living in Floyd Co.VA in 1890.Also found Elizabeth Jarrell living on the 1880 census in Franklin Co.VA she was living right next door to Hezekiah Martin son of Matthew Martin and Edith Staton.That is all I have been able to find on my Joseph Jarrold still no father or mother on him.So if you ever find anything please let me know.Gloria
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions