Search for content in message boards

Norfolk Families

Norfolk Families

Doug Burger (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Becker, Burger, Fick, Layman, Sherman
I am interested in exchanging data with anyone researching these (and other) Norfolk Co. names.
BECKER
BURGER
FICK
LAYMAN
SHERMAN

I have about 80% of current family tree data on-line. Also interested in Dutch Reform families of Ulster, Greene Co.'s
of New York State

Dutch Reformed Families

Posted: 7 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2003 1:27AM GMT
Much information about the Dutch Reformed families of Ulster and Greene Counties, NY can be found on line under NY Dutch Genealogy.
Becker and Burger are Palatine families found in Ulster and Dutchess Co, NY, some of whom travelled into Canada, with descdendents undoubtedly landing in Norfolk Co.

Israel Fick

Doug Burger (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Hi Kim, did you check out my GEDCOM HTML pages?

If not, or you couldn't find him, Isreal is at the following link:

http://members.home.net/our-genealogy/d0002/g0000086.htm#I20...

Would love to chat via email.

Doug

Fick Family

kim leaver (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Fick
I am related to Israel B. Fick who was married to Sarah Anne Mansfield. He was a farmer and gameskeeper in the Norfolk region. He was born in 1845. I would like information on his parents and heritage

Israel Fick

kimleaver (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Fick, Johnson, Leaver
Dear Doug:
I got your email and looked up Israel on your site. The information was really helpful, thank-you.
I can add additional info if you are interested. Let me know.
Kim

Norfolk Becker

Kim Kelly (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BECKER
Dear Doug:
I read your posting to the Norfolk Board with interest. I have been looking for information on a FANNY BECKER for
quite some time, and have come up empty handed.
I believe that she was born in the early 1800's. She married a Friderich BAUMWART born 8 Apr 1790 at
Hagerstown, the Reformed Congregation. They had a daughter, Mariah Bowers BAUMWART b. 17 July 1822 in
Rowan Mills, Norfolk County, Ontario. She (Mariah) died 10 Oct. 1902, buried at Erie View Cemetery, South
Walsingham Twp, Norfolk County, Ontario. Mariah is my GGG Grandmother, she married Isaac OVERBAUGH.
Please contact me if you think there may be a match, or if you have any information about Fanny's parent.
Thanks,
Look forward to hearing from you
Kim Kelly

FICK,LEEDHAM

Donna Vasiliauskas (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: FICK, LEEDHAM, WESTOVER, WIGGINS, BALMER, MAKINS, PENNOCK
Marriage certificate of George L. LEEDHAM b. 1864 - 1943 married on Sep 5 1910 to Lillian FICK. Their marriage certificate states Lillian is 42, her parents are Lewis WESTOVER, a laborer, and Annie WIGGINS. George is a widower (m. Jun 26 1887 Sarah BALMER 1863 - 1907), age 46, he's a merchant in Port Rowan. George is buried at Fairview cemetery in Norfolk Co. with his first wife Sarah.

I doubt George and Lillian had any children…..but hey…..you never know, I may find one. George & Sarah had one son I know of, Ernest Summers (b. Oct 15 1888) married Katherine MAKINS, I assume, because they're buried together at Fairview cemetery along with Katherine's sister Margaret N. PENNOCK. Did Lillian Fick have any children?

family tree

Drew Calder (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
My mother would dearly love to trace her family tree and has information that a member or members of her family on the Pennock side emigrated to Canada - there is also a vague idea of a connection with mounted police and Nova Scotia. Can you help? Forgot to mention - she comes from Sunderland, a town in the North East of England.

Eliza Fick Johnson

F. Sharon Swope (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Fick, Johnson
Do you have anything in your files showing a marriage of Eliza Fick (d/o John E. and Mary Jane ? Fick) to a John Johnson? John E. was a brother to Israel (sons both of Peter B. Fick).a

Re: Norfolk Families

Jason Oatley (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2002 4:18AM GMT
I'm doing the Sherman family as well from Norfolk area. Most of my data is from 1860s and later. I am descended from the Franklin Mackenzie Sherman line but that line includes Sovereign, Buck, Beemer and Watkins ancestors all from that area. I am especially looking for information on Franklin's father, Lewis Sherman who married Rebecca Meyers(Myers).

Any information appreciated and anything I have shared.

Thanks

Jason
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions