Search for content in message boards

Dvenport, Armstrong, Ainsley

Dvenport, Armstrong, Ainsley

Posted: 24 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 2:12AM GMT
Surnames: Davenport, Armstrong, Ainsley
Looking for relatives of Doctine Elwood Davenport and Rennie Ainsley from Washington County, NC to include Doctrin Ira Davenport and Charlote Armstrong and James Ainsley and Amanda Caroline Phelps. These folks are from the New Land area of Creswell, NC and may have originally been part of Tyrell County, NC.

James Ainsley

Posted: 29 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Nov 2003 6:46PM GMT
Surnames: Ainsley, Liverman
My g-g grandfather, William B. LIVERMAN, had a sister Betsey, who married William AINSLEY. The James you mention must be the same as their son. Below is a brief report on the family.
Generation No. 1

1. WILLIAM5 AINSLEY (JOHN4, JOSEPH3, JOSEPH2, SOLOMAN1) was born Abt. 1815. He married BETSY LIVERMAN 08 February 1837 in ,Tyrrell,NC (bond), daughter of MILES LIVERMAN and SARAH COHOON.

Notes for WILLIAM AINSLEY:
1850 Tyrrell,NC p66 31 August #508/508
William Ansley 35 M laborer NC Permelia Craddick 13 F
Elizabeth 43 F William Bateman 23 M sailor illiterate
Joseph Furlough 16 M laborer Sarah Barns 30 F illiterate
Wilson Furlough 13 M

Notes for BETSY LIVERMAN:
mentioned in estate of bro. John M.

Marriage Notes for WILLIAM AINSLEY and BETSY LIVERMAN:
Bondsman Noah Ansley (w) Jos. Halsey, clk.

Children of WILLIAM AINSLEY and BETSY LIVERMAN are:

i. MARTHA A.6 AINSLEY, d. 1916, Columbia,Tyrrell,NC.

ii. JOHN S. AINSLEY, b. 22 April 1839, ,Tyrrell,NC; d. 27 August 1887, ,Tyrrell,NC; m. CHARLOTTE M. ARMSTRONG.
Notes for JOHN S. AINSLEY:
1870 Columbia twp.,Tyrrell,NC E216/199 w/Fred'k & Eliz. Liverman
John Ansley 30 Sarah 5
Charlotte 29 Wm. John 1
Levy 8 Polly Liverman (widow of Turner?)

iii. MYLES T. AINSLEY, b. Abt. 1841, ,Tyrrell,NC; m. SARAH L. DESCHILDS, 13 March 1892, ,Tyrrell,NC.
Marriage Notes for MYLES AINSLEY and SARAH DESCHILDS:
from Tyrrell Co. USGENWEB:
Tyrrell COUNTY March 11 1892
J. B. Spruill having applied to me for a LICENSE for the marriage of M. T. Ansley of Tyrrell Co., aged 51 years, color White the son of William Ansley and Bilas Ansley the father now Dead, the mother Dead, resident of (blank) And Sarah Deschields of Tyrrell Co. aged 33 years, color White, daughter of Henry Deschields and Darcas Deschields the father Dead, the mother Dead, resident of (blank).

I, J. B. Spruill, J. P., a Tyrrell County united in Matrimony M. T. Ansley and Sarah Deschields the parties licensed above, on the 13th day of March, 1892, at Barnava Farm in Tyrrell Co. Township, in said County, according to law.

Witnesses: Wm Ansley of Tyrrell Lannie Phelps of Tyrrell Walter Phelps of Tyrrell

iv. NATHAN A. AINSLEY, b. 22 September 1841, ,Tyrrell,NC; d. 24 November 1916, ,Tyrrell,NC; m. RACHEL WEATHERLY.

Notes for NATHAN A. AINSLEY:
from http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/6469/ANS2.htm
Betsy Ann "Betty" Ainsley b. about 1870 m. George Washington West d. Unknown date
William Johnson "Jonse" Ansley b. 04 SEP 1871 d. 25 FEB 1955 m. Frances Sexton m. Caroline Sawyer m. Ida Goddard
Henry J. Ainsley b. 1873 d. 1949 m. Annie Barnes b. 1868 d. 1952
Seaton Edgar Ainsley b. 16 OCT 1879 d. 17 JAN 1948 m. Mary Alice West b. 20 MAY 1881 d. 28 SEP 1920
Collie Gene Ainsley b. _____ d. ?? FEB 1970 m. Mabel "Maybell" Gertrude Sawyer b. 13 JUN 1882 d. 27 MAY 1949 m. Ida Goddard
Stillborn Ansley b. _____ d. Unknown

More About NATHAN A. AINSLEY:
Burial: Liverman cemetary w/Wm. B. & Miles Liverman

More About RACHEL WEATHERLY:
Burial: Liverman cemetery, Gum Neck,Tyrrell,NC

v. WILLIAM A. AINSLEY, b. Abt. 1844, ,Tyrrell,NC.

vi. JAMES I/J AINSLEY, b. November 1845, ,Tyrrell,NC; d. October 1908; m. CAROLINA.
More About JAMES I/J AINSLEY:
Burial: Mountain Hill Cemetery, Tyrrell,NC

More About CAROLINA:

Burial: Mountain Hill Cemetery, Tyrrell,NC

Davenport genealogy

Fay Leary (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Doctrine Ira and Charlotte Armstrong Davenport are my great grandparents through their son Aarow W. Davenport of Washington County. Doctrine's parents are Stephen A. Davenport and Celia Woodley. I am working on their parents now as well as others in my family including the Armstrong branch. Contact me and we will compare.

DAVENPORT

Posted: 19 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2003 10:59AM GMT
Surnames: Davenport, Ambrose
Ginny: Rennie and Elwood Davenport at buried in a small Davenport family graveyard in Washington Co NC. Here is the information: Rennie Davenport - Mother - 1888-1939; Elwood Davenport - Father - 1887-1947
If you would like to see the whole graveyard you can go to my homepage and select LOTS OF NAMES and then DAVENPORT INDEX.
Hope this helps. Linda

DAVENPORT Family

Posted: 19 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2003 10:59AM GMT
Surnames: DAVENPORT, AMBROSE
This is my husbands family line. I would be delighted to share information.

relatives of Doctrine Davenport

Douglas Harold Davenport (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Davenport
My grand father was Doctrine Davenport and my grand mother was Jane Gray. Both were from Washington Co. but moved to Edenton before 1912. My father was Earl Hallett Davenport, he was born in 1912 when his mother was 41 and his father 62. Any help in connecting my grand parents to Davenports, Grays, Normans or Cliftons would be appreciated. Harold

Doc Davenport relatives

d harold davenport (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: davenport
Patsy: You are correct and indeed this was my grandfather. I was mistaken on my grandmothers name. It was Sarah Jane Gray. My father was one of 14 children. Included were Fred, Bruce, Walter, James Doc, Elise, Hilda, Lina, Nancy, Antone, and Earl. Four children died at birth or shortly thereafter. My father was the youngest. Any information on this family and the Gray connection would be appreciated.

Doc Davenport

Posted: 14 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Davenport, Collins, Lupton, Spruill, Eure
This post was deleted by the author on 22 Aug 2011 6:18PM GMT

Doc Davenport

Posted: 15 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Mar 2004 3:04PM GMT
Surnames: Collins, Davenport, Lupton, Spruill, Eure
Harold,
E-mail me at pcampbel@henderson.net. I'll be happy to post the information here, but want to know more specifically about the exact links you want. If anyone else is interested in this line, please post to this forum and I'll be happy to add additional information.
Regards,
Patsy Campbell

Re: James Ainsley

deborah fitzgerald (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2001 1:00PM GMT
I am a descendent of Horace Holadia who married RUth Irene ainsley . These were my parents. Horace died on Oct 2 , 1994. My mother still lives. I am trying to locate my fathers birth parents. I have been told that he was adopted by Ethel and Joseph Holadia of Tyrrell county, nc. Anyone with any information would be appreciated. Debbie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic