Search for content in message boards

HELP

Posted: 15 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jun 2002 3:46PM GMT
Surnames: JASINSKI TADYSZAK STACHOWICZ GRATKIEWICZ GROTKIEWICZ WALTER RINGEL HUBER
I am looking for any of these names from WI. PLEASE e mail me
Posted: 18 May 2004 3:53PM GMT
Surnames: Jasinski, Jankowski, Zielinski and Burzynski
I am a Jasinski. My dad had 11 brothers and sisters from the Milwaukee WI area. I am just getting started on my family information.
My Grandparents are John Jasinski and Mary Jankowski.
John's parents are: Catherine Zielinski and Andrew Jasinski and Mary's parents are: Anna Burzynski and Andrew Jankowski. My great grandparents.
I have very little information and would also appreciate any help if you find a connection.

Ron
Posted: 5 Sep 2005 11:43AM GMT
Hi Ronald,
I just found your request. I am searching Burzynskis in several areas in Poznan/Poland, and maybe its nothing, but maybe it leads to something. I found a connection between Janowskis and Burzynskis in the parish of Panigrodz, which is in the Margonin district.
If you think it could help you I could give you more details.
As I do not have any dates and don't know if you have been sucessful in your search by now.
Heide

Re: HELP

Rona Jasinski (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2006 9:53PM GMT
Surnames: Jasinski, Burzynski, Jankowski, Zielinski
Heidi,

I just read your message. My g grandmother was Anna Burzynski. I was told by my parents that she was born in Poland.
She married Andrew Jankowski also born in Poland. They had a daughter named Mary Jankowski (Jankowska) born 7-25-1881 in Poland. Per her death cert. My father always said it was Poznan, Poland.
She married John Jasinski, my grandfather 2-13-1900 in Milwaukee. They had 11 children-Alois, Helen T.,Sylvester, Martha, Walter(aka Valentine or Louie), Roman, Edward, Ester, Frank, August and Leonard.. My father was August. All from the Milwaukee County, Milwaukee WI area. Andrew Jankowski and Anna Burzynski were married in Poland.
My e-mail address is ronniepj40@aol.com
Posted: 6 Feb 2007 11:16PM GMT
Surnames: Jankowski, Burzinski, Jasinski, Zielinski
Hi Heidi,

I'm a little late finding your reply. I am not having any luck finding any of my family. I do know that most of them were from the Poznan area. I am still looking for Jankowski, Burzinski, Jasinski, Zielinski names. I am getting no where. They were all in the Milwaukee Wisconsin area. They all came from Poland/Germany. I would love to have anything you can give me. I'm trying to get the family members in the Milwaukee area. I am having no luck at all.
Posted: 9 Feb 2007 9:29AM GMT
Hi Ron,
got your mail and yes, I did find a connection between Jasinski and Burzynski in the area of Panigrodz but that does not nessesarily mean that these are your people. I do not actually look our for this connection and I have already found the Burzynski I was looking for but if I can I will try to help you.
I had a look at the censuses of Milwaukee and this that I found your people. Have you got all this censuses?
I also found your people in the immigration records and I do have the passenger records. It is just a shame that this records do not show a "last residence" at all, so they would not help very much they just give you the date of immigration. Found the once for John Jasinski and his parents as well as Katharina Burzynski and her parents and family. If you like I can sent the immages to you. Just tell me.
What I could not find is Josef Zielinskis passenger record. I have seen him in the 1900 census living with his daughter Antonina Orlowski (agewise she can only be his daughter-not his sister) and her husband next to John and Katharina Jasinski. Its funny that the 1900 census shows him as immigrating in 1886 while Antonina and her husband only immigrated in 1888. Maybe the figure is wrong but if not that could lead to something. It could mean that he came with his wife and other children. Thinking that he was already 56 when he immigrated could indicate that he did not just come alone or just only with his wife. So the first things you should do it gathering all material you can find in Milwaukee - like the death records of the parents and also have a look at the birth records of the children and look at the godparents. Vey often they were related.
I am living in Germany and here I order the films from the family history center to look at the church records of parishes in the poznan area. I have also joined the poznan marriage project which tries to collect marriages in the poznan area from 1830 to 1880. Well your family is still not in it but one has to watch out.
As for your people I also had a look at the world war I records - but shame, they also do not give any birthplace at all.
Just do not give up start with everything you can get in Milwaukee. Try St. Adalbert and get the burial records.

Just tell me if you like to have the passenger records I found.

Heide
Posted: 13 Feb 2007 5:08PM GMT
Hi Heidi,

Thank you so much for your reply. Since I recieved your reply I have been searching whenever I have time. John Jasinski(my grandfather) was married to Mary Jankowski in Wisconsin in 1900. I have his death certificate and the informant was his wife Mary. Place of birth was listed as Poland. Andrew Jasinski and Catherine Zielinski were listed as his parents. Mary's death certificate says she was born in Poland, and her parents were, Andrew Jankowski and Anna Buryznski. Informant was her daughter Esther Felchner.

For John's Father, Andrew Jasinski, I have his death certificate which has wrong inforamtion for his father and mother. They have listed his son John Jasinski as his father and his wife Katie (Catherine) Zielinski as his mother. Andrew immigrated in April 9,1891, sailing from Bremen, Germany to Baltimore, Maryland. Catherine his wife and John,(my grandfather) Joseph, Franz and Boleslaw came together. All born in Poland. Their son Andrew was born in 1899 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We believe that Andrew and Catherine were married in Poland.

I have nothing else at the moment and would appreciate anything you can send me. My e-mail address is namiraye@aol.com. Thank you again for your help.

Ron

Re: Jasinsky or Jasinski research help found at Milwaukee Archdiocese Cemeteries site

Posted: 25 Dec 2013 10:04PM GMT
Edited: 27 Dec 2013 1:26PM GMT
Surnames: Jasinski Jasinsky Jasinska
There's a boat load of research help for that surname found at the Milwaukee Archdiocese Cemeteries site: http://www.cemeteries.org

Enter "Jasinsk" to display variations Jasinski Jasinsky Jasinska (unmarried girls & women, or widows). Of course, if your family was Protestant, they're unlikely to be found there.

Re: Jasinsky or Jasinski research help found at Milwaukee Archdiocese Cemeteries site

Posted: 26 Dec 2013 7:14PM GMT
My Burzynski Family Comes from Margonin. My second Great Grandfather is John 1956-1903. His wife is Stanislawa Odebralski. His father is Mich or Michael and Rosalie. John Came to milwaukee in 1882. I do not know anything prior to him coming to Wisconsin. I would love to fill in some gaps and find extended family connections. please Message me.

Re: Burzynski / Odebralska family in Milwaukee?

Posted: 27 Dec 2013 1:36PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2014 2:05PM GMT
Surnames: Burzynski Odebralska Odebralski
I don't have the family names Burzynski / Odebralska in my data file, but another Wisconsin researcher has been indexing biographical information from Milwaukee's Polish paper, "Kuryer Polski". She was fortunate enough to find an appropriate org. to archive her ongoing work, and you can search her index at: http://www.pgsa.org/kuryerpolski.php
That newspaper is found in at least 3 library microfilm collections in Milwaukee (& Madison, WI). Another Polish newspaper published in Milwaukee is called "Nowiny polskie".
per page

Find a board about a specific topic