Search for content in message boards

Faagata family

Faagata family

Georgetta (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2006 12:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Faagata
Looking for relatives and some family history on my mom's side. She was born in Samoa in 1925 and stayed on the island till around 1947. Her name is Ailigi Faagata

Re: Faagata family

veni (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2006 7:10AM GMT
talofa georgetta,
I left some info for you on the amerika samoa website; however, if you did not get it. I belong to the faagata clan in fagatogo. I remember your mom from when she visited samoa some time back when I was very young, that's when aunty panisia was alive. The best thing for you to do is to call the american samoa telephone office and then ask for any of these names phone numbers, fauloloa faagata, mano faagata or sologatua faagata, those are your mom's nephews and they all knew her. they all live in fagatogo also. our family name is not hard to find... there's quite a few of us scattered all over the nation. alofa tele atu.

Georgetta (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2006 2:27AM GMT
Hello, my mom's name is Ailigi Alelia Alelio Sisita Faagata. Her parents were Tui and Salaa. They were from the Fagatogo village. My mom told me her father was the chief during the 20's and 30's. Would really like to know more about her side of the family. Thanks and feel free to email me.

mlogotaeao (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2006 11:00AM GMT
aloha georgetta,
that's my son's e-mail whose been answering you, but yes, we are related and I knew your mom when I was very young in Fagatogo, saw her when she visited one time before I myself left for the stateside. There's quite a few of us spread out all over the nation from the faagata clan in Fagatogo. I'm sure everyone would love to know all of you too. I'm not too sure but I believe I might have seen you too at aunty Panisia's place in Carson years back? do you have a sister name Jane? anyway if you use the names given to trace the phone numbers of the family in fagatogo you can't miss them. you can e-mail me at my addy above and we can talk more. aloha and God bless u folks.

Posted: 24 Mar 2007 10:42AM GMT
Talofa..My name is Elizabeth Fa'agata and everybody calls me Peka in Samoa..My dad's Fauloloa Fa'agata..I was just passin through and noticed your message..I am the granddaughter of Mano and Selita Fa'agata in Fagatogo..(Uncles)Lasi, Dyna, Faga, Joe, Mano, Fale, Salaa,& Lese...(Aunties) Selita, Oilau, Maimau,& Lisi..They're my Dads brothers and sisters from Fagatogo..I dont know if you know why our village is called FAGATOGO..Faga & Togo are our Great Great Great Great Grand Parents..Our Family owns Fagatogo..Our family just voted for our new Matai (chief)..Uncle Mano Fa'agata..and we're having the saofa'i in September '07..Let me ask my dad about your mom..but its nice to know that theres more family out there that i didnt even know about..but if you want here's my number 808-636-7490...day or night..love Elisapeta Fa'agata

Posted: 26 Mar 2007 7:39PM GMT
Talofa/Hello Elizabeth:

Can you tell us the history of FAGA & TOGO? Fagatogo, Tutuila, (American)Samoa, Pacific Islands.

Quite fascinating as I think listers of the RW SAMOA mailing list would be very interested to hear how Fagatogo got its name.

I've never heard of a male/female names assocated with the name Fagatogo; just thought it meant "downtown".

Manuia/Regards,
--Manaia

Posted: 11 Apr 2007 4:52AM GMT
Fagatogo is named after the first SaFa'agata whose name is Fagatogo and his wife's name is Utulei which happens to be the name of neighboring village that has a very nice beach.....

Posted: 6 Oct 2007 3:04AM GMT
Hi, families. My name is Beautiful Macy Fipe Fa'agata WooChing. I hailed from the beautiful village of Fagatogo Blue Ise (F.B.I). My parents are Petelo D WooChing and Selita Mano Fa'agata WooChing. I'm just here to welcome all of our families that i just knew in here besides my beautiful cousin Peka, welcome welcome everybody. Isn't this wonderful whoever create this website, thanks to you because if it's not for this i wouldn't even meet our long lost families. Well i can't wait any more longer for my Uncle's Saofai. Im really excited,now i get the chance to meet some of our long lost families that is coming to Uncle Mano Fa'agata Saofai. Hope to see everybody and is very important to attend this matter. May God bless you all.

Fa'agata Rulez!!!!!!
Beautiful Macy Fipe Fa'agata WooChing

Posted: 25 Oct 2007 5:18AM GMT
Okay, my great great grandmother is Votu (Volu) Fa'agata from American Samoa. Her mother is Salome Mailo married to a Fa'agata man. Don't have his first name.

My great great grandmother married a Tuileta Maluia of Nuuuli and they had 11 children:
Arona, Nuufoloa, Moa, Fia, Siamaile, Asaga, Taliau, Fuamatala (my mom's grandmother), Fetuana'i, Fou, and Ateimo. Three were born in Fagatogo and 9 in Nuuuili. My question is.......are we related?

Posted: 29 Nov 2007 9:18PM GMT
Surnames: faagata
heii u..
well my name is JOSEPH FA'AGATA..
and i like to know more about you..
so get bakk ua e iloa.. luv yal..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions