Search for content in message boards

County Mayo

County Mayo

Michael A. Duggan (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2000 6:43PM GMT
Any Duggan out there whose folks came from Mayo ?
I have direct contact with my family there as my
Grandfather came here from Co. Mayo.
Posted: 7 Nov 2000 5:14PM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2006 12:24AM GMT
My great grandmother Anne Marie Duggan(of Milltown) married Michael Boyle on Nov 15, 1864. Witnesses were Patrick Duggan and McWalters. They lived in Coolmakeen. Anne died August 7, 1921 (age 96) and is buried in Tagheen graveyard. They had 8 children. Michael, Thomas and Daniel Josepph stayed in Ireland. John, Mary Ellen, Winifred(my grandmother) Anna Josephine and Honour emigrzted to the US. Mayo Family Hist center gave me this info plus I looked up a lot on the British Isles Civil Registration and other records at the Family History Center. Winnie in Vt. (Boyles were in NYC and Newark and Camden NJ)

Mayo Duggan

Michael Duggan (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 2000 5:41PM GMT
I saw the grave of an Anne Marie Duggan in a
small graveyard near Killala. My people come
from a small farm near Crossmolina. My father
has over 40 1st cousins spred out in Ireland
that started out in Mayo. One is Fr. Seamus
Heverin. He is the keeper of our family records.

Duggan Family Genealogy

Norma Fran Gillich (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2000 6:25PM GMT
One of my progenitors on my fathers , mothers side came from Ireland, along with the Mayo"s, and John Doggan died in Bertie Co., N.C., his wife is unknown, but he had the following children, Wm., John, Thomas,
Lanier,Mark ,Aaron, Elizabeth, Millicent, Ann, Rhoda, and Josiah., most of the Duggans died in N.C., and were born in the Bertie Co., and Tyrell Co. of N.C. Would love to correspond with anyone interested in the Duggan History. Sincerely---Fran Gillich
in Tx.----bobfrang@flash.net

Clarcia Fredia Duggan Cauthen

Tabetha Chisum (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2000 6:11AM GMT
This is my grat great grandmother she was born Nov 23,1894. On Feb 4,1910 she married Levia Macom Cauthen. She did Nov 30,1972 of cancer. He died June 12,1959 from a heart attack. This is all the information on her and him that I have. Anything else would be greatly appreciated from any one I do have a picture of Clarcia if anyone is interested.
Thank you,
Tabetha

Duggans in texas

Billy Duggan (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2000 1:45PM GMT
If you are looking for Duggans in Texas I believe that they came from Edmund Duggan. He came to Washington County, Ga around 1797. His mother was named Chloe. He had a brother named John this is whom my family came from. There father was named William. they came from North Carolina. William was born c.1750 died c.1797 married Chloe Ann Hyman c.1770. William served in the Revolutionary War. Edmund left Ga and married an Alston I believe in Mississippi. I do know his family went to Texas.

Duggans

Dan Duggan (View posts)
Posted: 11 Dec 2000 4:22AM GMT
I am a descendant of the Duggans in Washington County, Ga.

Duggans in Texas

Posted: 5 Jan 2001 6:48PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2002 3:19AM GMT
Actually, there are other Texas Duggans. In 1900 John Campbell Duggan, Robert H.C. Duggan, and Louicius (Lush), all brothers and children of Lemuel Duggan of Sevier Co. and Marshall Co. Tennessee, came to Texas. They are all direct descendants of Hugh Duggan, Sr. who came to Ameridca from Ulster, Ireland about 1770. I am a descendant of Hugh though not Lemuel. Though I now live in Texas, I was born in Tennessee. I made contact with a Duggan descendant in the Dallas area several years ago and he is a descendant of John Campbell Duggan.

Duggan's in Texas

Posted: 8 Jan 2001 7:48AM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2005 6:03PM GMT
My family came to Texas around 1880 from Siever Co. TN. John Sims Duggan migrated to Texas and settled in West Texas Panhandle area. Still alot of Duggans there.

co. mayo Duggan

Betsy Duggan (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2001 11:08PM GMT
Hi, my husbands grandfather was born in Co. Mayo around 1892 ? His name was James Duggan and his father was Martin Duggan who died on Feb. 11 1925 (acording to the photo of the grave marker) Let me know if this helps I have a little more info. Betsy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions