Search for content in message boards

Grandfather Ephrain Hecht

Grandfather Ephrain Hecht

d lamb (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hecht
We have the obituary for Ephrain Hecht, was 74 when he died
His wife was Ricka, she was the third wife. He had 10 children, only 8 were alive when he died, 6 boys & 2 girls. At one time he was a merchant, but due to heath problems, he became a painter. He served in the Civil War in the Iowa 7th reg. under Sherman??.There was no date or town were he was from. We belive Ericka was my Grandmother's mother, she was Edith Hecht, married to Frank Hecht. They live in New Jersey.
Posted: 24 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2001 4:00PM GMT
Surnames: HECHT, SCHELLING
Just found your posting, even though it was almost a year ago! I just started on my mother-in laws family...

I have a William HECHT (approx. 1885 - 1958) possibly born Minnesota or Iowa. He owned a barber shop in St. Paul, MN. I believe, however, that this surname is an adopted name, as we believe William to have been adopted. Do not know parents names; adopted or birth.

He married and Elsie SCHELLING (approx. 1895 - 1916), and they had
Kenneth William HECHT (1914 - 1993), he was born in Harlem, MT, but his Social Security card was issued in Iowa. His last residence was in Cypress (Southern) California. This would be my grandfather-in-law.

I am looking for anything similar!?
Sincerely,

Alicia Jensen

Placentia, CA

aliciajens@earthlink.net

Re: Grandfather Ephrain Hecht

Posted: 8 Aug 2001 4:26AM GMT
Edited: 5 Apr 2002 7:01AM GMT
My great great grandfather E Hecht had 3 wives. With the first he had 6 children-Emma, Milton, Louis, Charles, Frank and William(my great grandfather). Agnes died 05/05/1876. They were married in Muscatine, Iowa about 1858. His second wife was Minna. The last name I have for her is a previous married name-Zentner. They were married 10/10/1880 in New York. Their children were Dave and Frank. Minna died 10/14/1888. Minna had at least one daughter by her first husband, Joseph, Bertha Zentner. Bertha married her step brother William (my gggrandparents). With his third wife, Ricka Ayst, E Hecht had Edyth and Paul. They were married 02/07/1889 in Newark, NJ. He was in the Civil War for Iowa. I would be interested in the obituary. I was not sure of his first name, but everything seems to match. I have seen pictures of him with each wife.

dlamb (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2001 9:01PM GMT
Thanks so much for email this information. It has help me to connect so much. I have beening trying to get in contact with my two sisters. One has the obituary and the other has a copy of the discharge papers. As soon as I can get them I will email you back. I do know Ephrain was 16 when he listed in the union army. We have bits and pieces of the family. I know Milton died in Or., and I think it was Charles or William, that died in Ca. Edith was my grandmother, she had three children John, Miriam,(my mother) and Ellen.

Lorraine Fugere (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2003 9:24PM GMT
I have a new email address since May 2002. I have found the marriage of Ephraim Hecht and Agnes Bennett in Muscatine, Iowa in September 1858. Now I know Ephraim was his first name. Would still be interested in any information you have to see if the Ephraim or Ephrain are the same.

dlamb (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2003 11:39PM GMT
Yes, I would love it. I have not had time in the last year and half to do any research on my Great Grandfather. I do know he was married two or three times. He had children by all his wives, so there was a span between the children. One account said he had 8 children. The first wives died of a unknown cause. The only name I know is my Great Grandmother, Rica, which could be short for Fredricka.Thanks Debra

Lorraine Fugere (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2004 12:33PM GMT
Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. My GGrandfather Ephrain Hecht married Agnes Bennett September 22, 1858 in Iowa. She was his first wife. Please contact me directly at lorraine@fugere.com. Lorraine Fugere

Posted: 28 Aug 2009 2:47AM GMT
I have family picture painted by Ephraim Hecht form Muscatine Iowa signed in 1868. I would like to get it back to the family if you are interested. Please contact me
directly at lorahecht@comcast.net

Posted: 29 Jul 2014 3:10PM GMT
My email address has changed and is now Lorraine@fugere.net. Would still be interested in any information. My gg grandfather Ephraim Hecht was born June 4, 1831 in Germany.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions