Search for content in message boards

query

query

Jessie King (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McGarry, Ward, Skinner
Mary McGarry born in Antrim, Ireland; married Joseph ward(also born in Antrim, Ireland), came to America in early 1900s, had six children, fourth being Anna Marie Ward, Marie married Joseph Skinner(no history), had two children, Carole Ann and Joan, had an ilegitimate child, Mary Ann, divorced, Skinner had costody of Carole and Joan, abused, taken away, adopted to different families, Carole Ann to Remmeles'. Wondering on family in Ireland and Skinner family.

Ward relation

Posted: 12 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 6:52AM GMT
Surnames: Ward, Jenkinson
I, too, have a Joseph Ward from Belfast as an ancestor. He was born December 27, 1803 and married Elizabeth (Jenkinson?) in 1830. He was a music teacher according to family legend and met Elizabeth as his student. Her parents did not approve and so they emmigrated to Toronto. His father's name was Abraham who married Ann Chapman.

If you think there is a connection, let me know.

Debbie

joseph

Jessica (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ward, mcgarry, skinner
Joseph was born around the end of the 19th century and married Mary McGarry. I believe that they came to America in the first 2o years of the 20th century. they may be related further down the line.

Re: Ward relation - Carroll, Ward, Hobson, Barrington-Ward

Elizabeth Ferre Carroll (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2002 5:16AM GMT
Surnames: Carroll Ward Barrington-Ward Hobson Fowler Priestley
My branch of the Carroll family is closely related (in several ways) to the Wards of Belfast who were owners of the large publishing house. My ggggrandfather, Benjamin Hobson Carroll married one of the Ward daughters, Laeticia (I believe daughter of Marcus, but I do recall a Joseph Ward in the lineup somewhere) . One son, Robert, went to the U.S. to promote Marcus Ward Ltd. greeting cards as I recall the history. Two others became Anglican priests - one in Canada and the other had a parish out west (Tombstone, AZ). Robert married Grace Caroline Priestley of Philadelphia (early 1880s) and they lived in New York (Staten Island). Their three children were Robert Fowler Ward Carroll (my grandfather), Eleanor Carroll Brunner, and John Malcolm Carroll (all deceased).

Another branch of the family emigrated (back?) to Scotland(Edinburgh) and England and changed the name to Barrington-Ward.

My question about the family was whether they were English, Irish, or Scottish. The family has always been rather vague about this.

Posted: 20 Jan 2002 4:40PM GMT
Thank you for posting. This was very interesting information and leads me to want to find out more. I still really have not made a connection to family in Ireland and any leads are helpful. I will see what I can uncover and let you know if I find anything. Thank you again for posting.

Debbie

Re: query

anna (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2002 4:21PM GMT
HI
I am researching Mcgarrys of Loughuile Co.antrim one of whom is Mary. Her mothers name was Grace McAfee and she was related to my gggrandfather Jamie.
Anna

Posted: 21 Apr 2002 11:11AM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2005 1:32PM GMT
Surnames: McGarry
I have an Ann McGarry (widow) who married Robert Stewart as 2nd wife, in 1830 in Islandbawn, Co, Antrim. Their children were John, Jane and Ellen (my gr.grandmother). I don't know if there is any connection, but I am trying to trace my Stewart/Haslett line.

anna (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2002 7:38PM GMT
hi Judy,
Sorry Ican't help I haven't come across any Ann McGarrys

Posted: 9 Dec 2002 1:58AM GMT
Surnames: Diamans, Ferre
Hi, I am researching the name Ferre. I noticed it is part of your name. Did your family come from spain, the catalunia region? I have just started this quest.

Posted: 28 Oct 2003 9:14AM GMT
Surnames: Barrington-Ward
Interested to see your post mentioning Barrington-Wards; My Great Grandfather was Mark James Barrington-Ward who moved to England from Belfast and adopted the Barrington name, was an Inspector of Schools and later moved to Cornwall and became a Canon of Truro.
I am also interested as to the origins of the Ward family; have you found any more about which part of the UK they originated from?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions