Search for content in message boards

search for ANDERSON

search for ANDERSON

Jocelyn (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Anderson, Andersen, Reinert
To anyone that can help ......

Would any one have any information about Alice(Alis) Anderson/Anderson, who married a Reynart (Reinert, Raynert)
They possibly married around 1810-1825....(dates are unsure)

In the 1800's, this Reinert changed his surname to Ratcliffe, he then had a son named Raynert (1830-1841)

It has been recorded that this family visited Norway between 1830 and 1850... possibly to see family?

Any help would be highly appreciated

Thankyou in advance

Jocelyn

Re: search for ANDERSON

Posted: 23 Sep 2004 2:47AM GMT
Edited: 6 Oct 2004 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: Ratcliffe, Hodson
I have the son of Raynert Ratcliffe and Alice Anderson. Raynert Ratcliffe came to Australia about 1867, died in 1895 Maryborough, Australia. Any info you have might help as he ws said to be born in Norway.

Posted: 9 Aug 2013 10:09AM GMT
Hi
I am searching for information about Raynert, I am a descendant of Raynert and Ada Ratcliffe's son Oscar. I first learned of my family tree through Mark Ratcliffe and was wondering if you know him or have contact details for him as he sent me photo's and such and i would like to talk further with him if possible. As of leads what i have found out from my mother that my father John and his father Frank were active masons and one thing my mother said was they had a connection to Austria somewhere back, she said a guest at her wedding to John was a "von" from some connection way back in the family history. May be right may be wrong i don't know. Also the Examiner newspaper in Launceston did a story called Pioneers of the north in about 2010 of Raynert and Ada life in the Derby, Winnaleah district may be of some help

Posted: 11 Aug 2013 6:39PM GMT
Edited: 11 Aug 2013 6:44PM GMT
Well, not sure what you want, whether to just contact Mark, or whether to research Raynert. For now I'm gonna go with "contact Mark." You can register for this site and write to him there:
http://forum.arkivverket.no/topic/180207-search-for-raynert-...

You can see from the link that Mark does not know the origin of Raynert Ratcliffe. Apparently the two of you have ascertained you are talking about the same guy?

Hope this helps!

Posted: 11 Aug 2013 6:40PM GMT
Edited: 11 Aug 2013 6:45PM GMT
Hi again andrew, To research your ancestor Raynert Ratcliffe, you'd want to first amass all the information you can about him. Then share every possible detail with the forum. A date of birth or even just an approximate year of birth would be a good start. List records and/or other information noting the source of the various facts. Bear in mind many people have a similar name and so just stick to developing all you can about YOUR Raynert as a starting point for further research.

All best
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions