Search for content in message boards

BRAGG, Samual

BRAGG, Samual

Posted: 26 Oct 2008 7:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bragg-Golding-
Samual Bragg from Kinsale, Cork,Ireland born, 1836 approx. He was a civil engineer. He came to Australia about 1870.
I believe his parents names were George and Hannah nee Golding.
Does anyone know of this family.???????
Regards and Thanks,
Jan

Re: BRAGG, Samual

Posted: 5 Sep 2012 6:34AM GMT
Surnames: Bragg
My GG Grandmother was Charlotte Bragg, born 1840 in Cork, Ireland. Her parents listed on her death certificate are George Bragg and Hannah. We think Hannah's last name maybe Golding. OUr family history tells us that Charlotte comes from a Navy family and was British, but born in Ireland because her family was stationed in Cork, Ireland.

It is plausible, that Samuel could be a brother to Charlotte. How many English families with the Bragg last name were born in Cork, Ireland?

Please let me know if this sounds like our families may have a connection. There is an interesting article in the newspaper about an old diary that was Charlotte Bragg's Uncle, who was stationed at the Rock of Gibraltar.

Posted: 2 Oct 2012 6:17AM GMT
Yes Samuel Bragg moved to Australia> Married a Frances Foster from manchester England on the boat here to Australia in 1873 He married.She died 13.12.1937 he had 7 children and I am a Great Great Grandsson of His.
His parents were George Bragg and Hannah Golding. He died in Bundaberg Qld Asutralia 6.11.1902.

Posted: 2 Oct 2012 6:24AM GMT
Yes Samuel was the son of George Bragg and Hannah Golding Born in Kinsale Cork Ireland. He moved to Australia in 1870 and Married a Frances Foster from Machester Englnad on the Boat. By your post i see that you are a GG grandchild of Charlotte so if this is correct that tghey are sister and brother we are related. They did come from a Army background and on Samuels birth certificate the parents were known as gentry, I live in australia and I am visiting Kinsale in the month of late october this year to find more out about Samuel. My email address is nthqld@eaglesmf.com.au if you want to contact me direct.

Regards

Mark William Clifford Bragg

Posted: 21 Nov 2012 2:09AM GMT
Hi, Samuel Bragg was my GGG Grandfather, he imigrated to Australia from Kinsale Cork Ireland. At Charles Fort His parents were George and Hannah. He had a sister named Susan and 1 othger and a brother. By what you have said by the death cert he had a sister Charollette. Do you have a copy of the birth and death cert if I can have a copy I am trying to get all the infor on Samuel and his parents and siblings
You can email me direct on nthqld@eaglesmf.com.au

Hoping you can help

Regards

Mark Braggf
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions