Old Sisco Farm

Kathy Smith (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2001 7:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Looper, Miller, Burns, Bradley, Bowman, Stidwell, Walker
I have two descendants who died at Old Sisco Farm, Overton County, Tennessee:
Joseph Looper (my 6th generation grandfather) 1765 - Apr. 9, 1858
and his wife Mary Magness Looper died in 1858

I am interested in this location (any information) and any personal information or lineage information anyone may have.

grandparents of Delilah Bowman........my true query.

Re: Old Sisco Farm

Emogean (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2001 4:08AM GMT
Do you Know where this farm is loacated? My Grandma Halie ann (Bowman) Sisco was born Down in Sunk cane and up on the Mountain where i was Born That i9s Where The Siscos Lived. Her Brothers names was Mitch and Bill Magnus Ike and she was the only Girl. My Grandma Had a lot of Indian in her You could tell that Just by Looking at her. But i don't Know her Parents name.I have Two Aunts Still Living they no. They Live in Montrey Tenn Halie Smith and Bertie Looper. I don;t know if this has Been any help i Hope so.
Emogean

Kathy Smith (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2001 9:23PM GMT
Surnames: Looper - Bowman
I am E. Kathleen Burns Smith, Daughter of Fred Allen Burns.
His Mother was Nina Lou Miller, Daughter of Joe Miller and Lucy Belle Bradley (all of White Co.). Joe, my ggrandfather was the son of Evan Miller and Delilah Bowman Miller (she outlived three husbands (two were brothers)). Delilah was the daugher of Allen Bowman & Nancy Looper (Overton Country). Nancy's parents (my gggggrandparents) were Magness Looper and Delilah Ledford Looper. Your grandfather is probably the great grandchild of one of their children. My guess is that we have Allen Bowman & Nancy Looper Bowman in common. Please E-mail me at Kirbyvsma@aol.com. I sure would like to know more about the farm and the local area in general. Magness' father, Joseph and his wife died there and Magness Died in 3 Forks and are beleived to be buried at Davis Cemetary.

missy bowman key (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2001 12:18PM GMT
Surnames: Bowman, Looper
Your Grandmother Halie Ann Sisco's parents were Thomas Sisco born 7-15-1839 died1-26-1911 and Marilda Jane Looper born 9-14-1847 died 3-12-1907. Both are buried at Speck Cem. also known as Three Forks Cem. Emogean I am Granville Bowman's granddaughter, Clifford's daughter. Look foreward to hearing from you. Missy

Cynthia Miller (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2001 8:46PM GMT
Surnames: Looper/Ledford
Kathy, I noticed your message and wondered how much info you had on Deliah? She is my Greatx4 Grandmother and we cannot find out any of her previous history ie: parents names, sibs. names etc. We have the Looper's fairly well researched but are very much stuck!! on Deliah. Thank you for any help!

Cynthia Miller

Re: Mary, wife of Joseph LOOPER

Posted: 28 Nov 2001 12:55PM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2006 11:48AM GMT
This is to inform all readers that there is absolutely no proof, documentation or verification that the maiden name of Mary (wife of Joseph) was MAGNESS!!! I made the mistake a few years ago of telling a few people that I "felt" that MAGNESS was her maiden name and it is now all over the Internet as fact!

SISCO/LOOPER

Posted: 28 Nov 2001 1:02PM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2006 11:48AM GMT
Emogean,

Halie Ann SISCO BOWMAN was the daughter of Thomas SISCO and Marilda Jane LOOPER.

Vonnie Looper Munnerlyn

Posted: 28 Feb 2003 7:36PM GMT
Edited: 13 Mar 2003 6:42PM GMT
NEED HELP
WHO WERE MARILDA JANE LOOPER SISCO PARENTS ? WHERE WAS SHE BORN & DIED ? HALIE ANN BOWMAN WHAT WAS HER SPOUSES FULL AND INFORMATION. KIDS ?
THANKS,
SUSAN

Missy Bowman Key (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2003 12:53AM GMT
Marilda J.Looper's father was Samuel Addison Looper his line is Samuel,Joseph and Joseph. Her mother was Mahalia Looper her line was Magness,Joseph and Joseph. Marilda is buried at Speck 3-Forks Cem. in Overton Co.,TN. Halie Ann Sisco Bowman's husband was Issac Floyd Bowman b.8-06-1882 d.8-10-1972 he was my Great grandfather.They had 13 children 6 survived to adulthood,Birdie,Cletus,Granville,Halie,Arthur and Nan.

Posted: 2 Mar 2003 2:01AM GMT
Edited: 13 Mar 2003 6:42PM GMT
thank you for info
where is the old sisco farm ? do you have any info on it ?
susan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic