Search for content in message boards

LOGANS from SCOTLAND to CANADA

LOGANS from SCOTLAND to CANADA

Posted: 9 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Mar 2002 4:46PM GMT
Surnames: LOGAN
DAVID LOGAN m Ann Strachan in Scotland in ?...their son David (b 6 Oct 1811 in Inverarity,Forfarshire) m Margaret Murray (b 1 Jan 1814 in Alyth) on 8 Dec 1842. David & Margaret had: Ann,David,Robert,James,William,Jean,Margaret & Charles...all born in Blairgowrie. Family immigrated in ? to Canada. Any data re David & Ann's birthdates, places, etc, & date of family immigration, etc. would be appreciated.

Logans from Scotland to Canada

Barbara Logan (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Logan, Sutherland, Fraser, McKay
I have quite a large data base of Logans from Sutherland, Sct to Pictou Co,NS Canada in 1806. and on to other parts of Canada and US.
Interested in any info, and will share.

I'm sorry Audrey, but your family of John Logan and my family tree aren't linked. (My family settled in or around Thamesville, Ontario). I wish you every luck in your search! Regards, Marilyne McKay (nee Logan)

Edited: 7 Mar 2006 1:12AM GMT
I am researching my g,g,gf John A. Logan who settled in St. John, NB, Canada. He married Margaret Allen of Nova Scotia. My great grandfather, John A. Logan was born in St. John in 1855. He then married Susan(Mary Susan, Susan Mary) Perrin.
Any connections.
Thanks, Audrey

Barbara Logan (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Logan, Langille
Hi Audrey;
I have a number of JOHN Logans in my tree, but none that fit the birthdate of John A, b 1855 exactly.
There is a John Logan b 1851 , whose parents were Daniel Logan (b 1814) and Isabella LANGILLE.
other siblings also, in my data base..
It sounds to me that your Logans may have originated in Colchester County.(History of Colchester County) I have this book, as I believe the ALLEN name is there also.
These Logans were mainly from Ireland, I think.
Whereas mine were from Scotland.

John Logan from Eli, Minnesota

Deborah Logan (View posts)
Surnames: Logan
I am looking for my paternal grandfather. His name is John Logan and he married my grandmother, Cleo Nadine Groom in November 1944 in Indiana, Ft. Wayne by my grandmother's memory. They both lived in Chicago at the time, she worked for the Treasury department and he, possibly, worked for the health department. He left my grandmother shortly after but not before my grandmother became pregnant with my father, and no additional information has ever been gathered. My grandmother told me that all she knows is that he was from Eli, Minnesota. My grandmother was born in 1920 and by an estimate, John was probably born between 1915 and 1920. If anyone has any information/guess as to who this person is, please let me know.

LOGANS from Scotland to Canada

Surnames: LOGAN, STRACHAN, MURRAY
Hi, Here are the basics:
David LOGAN m Ann STRACHAN (in Scotland...both birthdates unknown)...their son David LOGAN (b 1811 in Inverarity,
Forfarshire) m Margaret MURRARY (B 1814 in Alyth,
Perthshire). They and their 8 children (? all born in Blairgowrie) immigrated to Canada circa 1856 and settled in
or around Thamesville, Ontario. Children: ANN (married
John Henry Norton), DAVID (? lived Orford & Wallaceburg,
Ontario), ROBERT (? lived Orford,Ontario...immigrated to Michigan), JAMES(married Eliza HOGG), William (married Eva
Celestia), JEAN, MARGARET, CHARLES (drowned in the River Thames,Ontario, as a child).

family tree

Edited: 13 Nov 2001 7:01PM GMT
Surnames: Logans
Send me some of what you have down to the 1800,s and see if you connect to mine?

LOGANS from Scotland to Canada

Hi Barbara,
Thank you for your generous offer to share the information you have on the "LOGAN" line. I'd love to compare our data!
Regards, Marilyne

Posted: 23 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Mar 2006 1:12AM GMT
Surnames: Logans
Barbara, Thanks for your reply. I beleive that my line of Logans may have come from Scotland. However, I didn't know that there was a Canadian connection until fairly recently.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic