Search for content in message boards

EMERY or GRAF ANCESTRY from wisconsin

EMERY or GRAF ANCESTRY from wisconsin

LINDA L. KILLAM (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2000 3:04PM GMT
Sorry i"m new to this i shouldv'e put that in my other subject spots in the first place. Oh well they are here now. i hope i hear from someone out there and it's not just a wild goose chase. I've been trying to find something anything out but i quess maybe i'm not doing it right any suggestions?

grafs from WI

sue (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2000 1:37PM GMT
I am also looking for Graff's from Wisconsin and am also quite new. I have found many in my line but have come to an end of sorts. My Grafs are mainly in the Milwaukee area. Where are yours?

My GGGrandfather was Frederich Graf. Born 1835. Does that sound familiar at all. We have no information on siblings or much of anything else.

any information would be great!!

John B. Emery

Steve Vanderpan (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2000 8:11PM GMT
Hopefully this will be helpful and may be
a link to your/our family. my Great-great-
great-great Grandfather was named John B.
Emery and was born April 12, 1844 in Clairmont
Co. Ohio. he married Helena Ellen Cox Aug.
20, 1868, after serving in the Civil War for
4 years. He was mustered out as a captian,
moved to MO., S.D., then settled in Mazomanie
Wis. he had a number of children, one of which
was Gayle Emery, my Great-great-great grandfather.
Lots more info. If this is part of your family
let me know and I will send you what I have.
My E-mail address will change over the next
few days, so you can reach me at my home
address:
3004 Loyola Dr
Davis CA 95616

Re: grafs from WI

Posted: 23 Jun 2001 11:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Graf, Neumann
Looking for a George Graf who lived in Richfield, Wahsington Co., WI in 1890 when he married Mary Neumann in Milwaukee.

grafs from WI

Posted: 28 Feb 2006 4:18AM GMT
Surnames: Graf, Preiss, Briggs
Hello Sue,

I too am looking for information on the Graf Family from Milwaukee, WI. My GG Grandfather Frederick Gustav Preiss was born unknown in Germany. He married Henrietta, daugher of Arthur Briggs and Ottillie unknown. Henrietta was born 1804 in unknown. On a piece of paper I have, I believe that Ottillie/and or Henrietta surname was GRAF.

The children of Gustave Preiss and Henrietta Briggs are:
Frederich John Preiss
Amalia Presiss (My Great Grandmother)
Emil Preiss
Louise Preiss
William Preiss
Arthur Preiss Price
Henry Preiss
Elsie Preiss

Gustave Preiss landed in New York 1851. Became an US Citizen March 4, 1854, Milwaukee WI. Fought in the Civil Wart 1861-1862. He died Oct 19, 1888, Milwaukee, WI; buried Oct 21, 1881, @ Union Cementary.

I hope I have given enough information that you may be able to help, and we can share information.

Looking foward to hearing back.
Best Regards,
Janet from California

Re: Graf & Graff families in Wisconsin

Posted: 4 Aug 2011 12:47PM GMT
Edited: 25 Dec 2013 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: Preiss Briggs Graff Graf
For anyone sill researching the connected surnames Preiss and Briggs, there are entries for this family listed in the index of German newspapers published in Milwaukee. There are also many entries for Graf or Graff - about 300 entries or references found in the most recent version of "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
Gary Rebholz, originator/compiler/editor, Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping family researchers collect contemporary evidence of their historic German-American culture.

Re: EMERY or GRAF ANCESTRY from wisconsin

Posted: 8 Aug 2011 7:16PM GMT
No need to be sorry, I too am new to this and any helpr direction is always appreciated.

If you could provide a little back ground information o thr GRAF family mabe we could compare notes.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Janet
Orange County, California

Re:preiss & grafs / de smit from WI

Posted: 8 Aug 2011 7:38PM GMT
I am thrilledn to receive your message post. I am very interested. I am currently researching Preiss,de Smit, Graf, Kalthof, Klause & Hesmig. Any help will be very much appreciated.

looking forward to hearing back from you.
Thank you.
Janet DeSmith

Re:preiss & grafs / de smit from WI

Posted: 8 Aug 2011 7:38PM GMT
I am thrilled to receive your message post. I am very interested. I am currently researching Preiss,de Smit, Graf, Kalthof, Klause & Hesmig. Any help will be very much appreciated.

looking forward to hearing back from you.
Thank you.
Janet DeSmith

Re: Preiss & Graf in Milwaukee's German Newspapers Index

Posted: 8 Aug 2011 11:57PM GMT
Edited: 6 Dec 2013 11:25PM GMT
Surnames: Preiss Briggs
The are about 50 Preiss & 290 Graf / Graff entries or references found in my current data, but not de Smit, Kalthof, Klause or Hesmig. You're welcome to use my out-dated index in the library, or contact me to verify specific names with their dates.

Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007 ...
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions