Search for content in message boards

Lindsey family Lowndes City, Georgia

Lindsey family Lowndes City, Georgia

Lindsey (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2004 11:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lindsey
I'm looking for info for Robert Lindsey and wife Nancy W who had a son named Madison in 1843. The Madison I'm looking for moved to Taylor County, FL. Any info would be helpful.

Re: Lindsey family Lowndes City, Georgia

Posted: 16 Jan 2005 12:53AM GMT
Edited: 17 Jan 2005 2:56AM GMT
I'm very ecited about your post. For the past 10 years or so, I have been so hoping someone from this line would start looking for information. First I want to ask if you are a decendant of Robert Lindsey? Is this Robert Lindsey the son of Thomas and Hester Clark Lindsey? If so I have him first married to Mary McMullen They had two children Nancy and Mary Robert Lindsey. I'm not sure if this is the same Robert who married Nancy W.

Huxford has these children listed for Robert and Nancy KLindsey. John Jackson b. March 3, 1832 d. Jan. 20 1929. married to Elizabeth ? b. Jun 7, 1840 d. Nov. 2, 1903 burried at the Brushy creek Church cemetery. (I have a picture of the headstones) Mary b. 1834 M. James T. Hancock b. 1815 son of Durham Handcock b. 1786 and married to Mary Hall, b. 1783. Other children are William A. b. 1839, Henry b. 1841, Madison b. 1843, and Jacob b. 1846. Nancy W. was widow, listed in the 1850 Lowndes Co . Ga, census with her 4 youngest children.

There has been a decendant of Thomas Lindsey who has taken part in DNA testing. We are in group two at this address. http://www.clanlindsay.com/virginia_lindsay_lineage_dna_grou... My father is also doing the test this month. This would give us a closer connection to the most recent common ancester. Take a look and let me know what you think. I can be reached at robinsong at planttel dot net.

Posted: 27 May 2005 2:09AM GMT
Edited: 31 Jan 2006 9:43PM GMT
Contact me if you need information on the Lindsey's of Berrian, Cook, Lowndes Counties in Georgia. Thomas and Hester Lindsey are my ancestors.

G, Robinson (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2005 3:53AM GMT
I have quite a bit of information on Hester Clark Lindsey and some of their children who came to south Ga. in the 1820s. I can't say the same for Thomas Lindsey. So far, I have been unable to document Thomas' parents or brothers and sisters. ( the information in the Wilkes Lindsey book has been proven to be wrong) Thomas Lindsey is not a grandson of James and Sarah Daniels Lindsey. Nor is his father (John) a son of James Lindsey. I can find no documentaion on him being killed by Indians and I can't figure out for sure how many children Thomas and Hester had nor do I know for sure if he was married once before he married Hester. I have very little information on their son Robert Lindsey. Can you fill in any of this information? Got any leads or ideas?

Have you checked this site out?
www.clanlindsay.com take a look at the DNA project.

Posted: 27 May 2005 5:18AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 31 Jan 2006 9:43PM GMT
Surnames: LINDSEY
Dear G. Robinson,
this is what i have and believe to be correct:

Reuben Lindsey
(_) Lindsey-- not much is know about this guy
James Lindsey+Sarah Daniels
John Lindsey+Sarah Walker
Thomas Lindsey+Hester Clark(e)
Benjamin Lindsey+Elenor Shaw
Matthew R. Lindsey+Rebecca Money
Owen F. Lindsey+Sarah Alderman
Jonathan F. Lindsey Sr.+ Loy Cowart
Matthew R. Lindsey + Lois Yancey-- My grandparents

got any questions? well i write you back with more details.

hope this helps, Jennifer Lindsey

G. Robinson (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2005 11:25AM GMT
What documentation do you have that James and Sarah Daniels is Thomas' grandparents? Their son John married Mary Masterson not Sarah Walker. I have a copy of a will some where that proves this relationship. Other than the Lindsey and Allied Family book by Mr. Wilkes I have not been able to find a souce stating that Thomas is a grandson of James and Sarah Daniels. What information do you have that leads you to believe this is true?

I have been at this for about 15 years now. I have found no proof, no documentation at all on Thomas' parents or sibblings.

Our lines separate at Benjamine. Mine continues on with Elijah Lindsey who maried Sarah Willis, William Lindsey who married Georgia Hall and my dad who is still living.

I'm not sure if there is a DNA study on the James Lindsey you mentioned above. I do know that our Lindsey are there in group two. Have you been able to go to the site yet?

Posted: 28 May 2005 10:34AM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2005 12:46AM GMT
I have a clipping from descendants in Wirgrass Georgia, I did not note volumn that the children of previous marriage lived in Montgomery and Laurens counties. it also states for Revolutionary proof, see John Floyd Chapter, D.A.R Homerville Ga. Mrs. Sallie Smith Ferdon, She was a descendant of John Lindsey, son of Thomas Lindsey, R.S., I will start looking into this and when I get volumn of Wiregrass I will post it.

G. Robinson (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2005 3:51PM GMT
Hi Virginia,
Are you talking about Huxford's books? I have a copy of the information in them also. According to Huxford, the South Georgia Lindsey's are all ancestors of James Lindsey who is a grandson of Reuben Lindsey. He doesn't state a source for this information nor show where it's documented. He states that James' children Jacob, John and William moved to North Carolina for a while them moved on to Georgia. The only proof he has is a land grant listed for William Sr. in the department of Archives and History. Huxford proved that someone named William Lindsey Sr. owned land in Georgia.

However, it is thought that the William son of James married Mary Barksdale and they had two sons Henry & Jesse Lindsey. There is a family Bible on this family that was used as proof. This family is in group 3 at the clan Lindsey DNA projest site. Our Lindsey's are in group 2.

Huxford states that John Lindsey married Sarah Walker again, no proof or documentaion. I do know that our John Lindsey is not a son of James and Sarah Daniels. I have a will somewhere that proves that James' son John married Mary Masterson. (I can't find my copy of the will but I have asked for help in locating it and will post it as soon as I get that information.) I'm not saying that Thomas' father isn't John Lindsey who married Sarah Walker. I'm saying our John Lindsey is not a son of James and Sarah Daniels Lindsey. I'm not say John's father isn't James Lindsey. But he's not the James Lindsey who was married to Sarah Daniels.

I don't know who Thomas' parents are nor do I know who his sibblings are but I'm still looking. :-)

Posted: 31 Aug 2011 3:36AM GMT
Surnames: Lindsey, Money
Hello! I'm searching for a marriage certificate and death certificates for Matthew Robert Lindsey and Martha Rebecca Money Lindsey. I'm helping a friend with her UDC applications. Any leads or assistance would be deeply appreciated! Thank you!

Posted: 1 Sep 2011 5:06PM GMT
Surnames: Lindsey, Money
married Feb. 23, 1854
matthew died Nov. 13, 1921
martha died Mar. 1, 1925

-Lindsey family tree
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions