Search for content in message boards

CARNEY, John; CARNEY, Susan J. and CUNNINGHAM

CARNEY, John; CARNEY, Susan J. and CUNNINGHAM

Ralph (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CARNEY, CUNNINGHAM
CARNEY, John; CARNEY, Susan J. and CUNNINGHAM, Margaret. John Carney, b. late 1700's - early 1800's in Young Township, Indiana County, married Margaret E. Cunningham also from the Indiana County area. They had five children: Nancy Carney m. Stephen Wissinger; Margaret Carney b. August 1832, m. Samuel Douthett; Henry Carney, b. November 1837, m. Mary Malinda Stuchell; Susan J. Carney m. Robert Kerr Stuchell m. January 1861, divorced about 1867; John Carney, b. 1834 Young Township, Indiana County, m. Elizabeth Johnston, s/o Peter and Sarah Johnston of Green Township. I would really appreciate any assistance on this. Please feel free to email me at any time: rymaccountry@peoplepc.com. Thank you. Ralph.

Peter and Sarah Johnston

Posted: 3 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2001 11:41AM GMT
Surnames: Johnston, Snyder, Carney
Peter and Sarah Johnston were my 3g-grandparents. Children were Maria b. 1820 m. Frederick Yetter; Susan Sypret b. 1826 m. Frederick Deemer; Christopher b. Abt. 1828 m. Margaret Black; Peter,Jr. b. 1830 m. Caroline Black; Elizabeth S. b. 1834 m. John Thomas Carney; Abbie Ann b. 1835 m. Matthew Growden; Sarah J. b. 1839 m. Robert Buchanan Stewart; and Thomas b. 1844. I would be interested in the children of Elizabeth and John Carney if you would be willing to share.

Re: CARNEY, John; CARNEY, Susan J. and CUNNINGHAM

Posted: 24 Nov 2007 12:27AM GMT
Do you know the parents or siblings of your John CARNEY and Margaret CUNNINGHAM? I have an Adam CARNEY born 1810-1814 married about 1842 to Elizabeth Foster CUNNINGHAM born abt 1826. Wondering if John & Adam Carney could be brothers?

Re: Peter and Sarah Johnston

Posted: 24 Nov 2007 12:30AM GMT
Do you know the parents of John Thomas CARNEY married to Elizabeth S JOHNSTON?

Re: CARNEY, John; CARNEY, Susan J. and CUNNINGHAM

Posted: 4 Sep 2009 6:16PM GMT
Surnames: CARNEY, John; CARNEY, Susan J. and CUNNINGHAM
Hello KRay68: First of all, let me express my deepest apology for not responding to your request until now. The fact is, I never saw it until now! I'm sorry.

I don't think I can help you. Unfortunately, the genealogical trail of John Carney (my 2 c great grandfather) ended with him! IF I can find any info on your Adam Carney, I will surely pass it along. Please feel free to email me: oldbones3@verizon.net
Regards. Ralph

Posted: 4 Sep 2009 6:22PM GMT
Surnames: Peter and Sarah Johnston
KRay86

Again, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The parents of John Thomas Carney are John Carney and Margaret Elizabeth Cunningham. The parents of his wife, Elizabeth S. JOhnston were Peter and Elizabeth Johnston.
Regards, Ralph

Posted: 4 Sep 2009 6:32PM GMT
Surnames: Peter and Sarah Johnston
Hello JLDouglas33,

First of all, please let me apologize for the EXTREME lateness in getting back to you. The truth is, I just found your request. I'm sorry.

Let me see if I can help you! The children of John Carney and Margaret Elizabeth Cunningham,(Carney) my 2 x g grandparents are: Abbigail 1825, Christine 1829, Nancy Jane 1830, Margaret Elizabeth 1832, John Thomas 1834, Henry 1837, James 1846, and Susan Jane 1844.

I hope this helps. Again, I apologize. Regards, Ralph

Posted: 6 Sep 2009 12:35AM GMT
Surnames: Anderson, Carney, Fiscus and Vensel
Hi,
I was reading your posts and wonder if you are familiar with these names.
John Carney m. Mary Vensel - there children were:
Johnston Carney b. 1816 Pa married to Elizabeth Anderson
Philip Carney b. Aug 1, 1814 Armstrong Co., Pa. d. 1904 m. Lucinda Jane Fiscus
Joseph Carney b. abt. 1818 Pa. m. Nancy b. abt. 1824 Pa.
The name Johnston is carried on a few more generations. I am trying to connect my 3rd great paternal grandmother to this line but so far been unable. I'm willing to share what I have. Thanks. Lona Laughlin Boudreaux

Posted: 6 Sep 2009 2:32AM GMT
Surnames: Carney/Johnson
Hello Lona,

Thank you for your posting. I recall sharing some information with you a few years ago. Unfortunately, I can't be of help to you with the names you provided. But, I'll keep your note in the event I find some info. Ralph

Posted: 6 Sep 2009 11:52AM GMT
Thanks Ralph. Appreciate it. Lona
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions