Search for content in message boards

John Hagan b 1833 of Carnmoney, Antrim,Ireland.

John Hagan b 1833 of Carnmoney, Antrim,Ireland.

Posted: 19 Jan 2012 10:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,

I m looking for a John Hagan who married Jane Murphy from New York and settled in New Orleans, d. 1891. His parents were Peter and Mary.

Thanks for your help.

Frank
New Orleans

Re: John Hagan b 1833 of Carnmoney, Antrim,Ireland.

Posted: 20 Dec 2012 4:39PM GMT
Surnames: Hagan
Hi Frank,

I am a graduate student working on a thesis in New Orleans and I am gathering information on John Hagan, married to Jane Murphy, who died in Chattanooga, lived at 66 Claiborne Street, worked as a stone cutter, had a brother named James and a son named John P. who died in 1923.

If any of this is familiar to you, we're probably researching the same person. I'd be happy to send you the newspaper clippings, directory information, etc. that I've found regarding John Hagan. Please contact me if this is the case.

Best,

Emily

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 2:01PM GMT
Surnames: Hagan, Schonfeld
Emily,

I would very much appreciate info you have on John Hagan and Jane Murphy.

Daughter Maude is my grandmother.

I have their marriage certificate from the Archdiocese.

Frank

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 2:45PM GMT
Dear Frank,

I'm studying John's brother, James Hagan. Both John and James Hagan were stone cutters who worked in Lafayette Cemetery No. 1 and 2. (James' old marble yard is now the "Rink" across the street from the cemetery) I mostly have newspaper articles concerning him as well as his son, and a few notarial archive documents. I can send you scans of them if you like.

Also, I'm sure you're aware - John Hagan and Jane Murphy are buried in Cypress Grove cemetery at the end of Canal street in New Orleans.

I'm curious how you know who his parents were. Did he and James have any other siblings? Also, that he met Jane Murphy in New York is interesting to me. If James and John were in New York before they arrived in New Orleans, I'd be curious to learn about it.

My e-mail is EAnneFord[at]gmail[dot]com. Feel free to contact me and I can send you those scans.

Posted: 12 Jun 2013 9:25PM GMT
He was my great great grandmother (sarah) father

Posted: 10 Mar 2014 12:01AM GMT
I am also researching John Hagan and Jane Murphy. They are my great-great grandparents. My mom said they met while on a train. Family history relays that she was on her way to join the convent when she met him. Their daughter Sarah is my great grandmother.

I am more than happy to share the results of my research.

Posted: 10 Mar 2014 12:31PM GMT
vcpiers

Maude Hagan, the 10th child of John Hagan and Jane Murphy, was my grandmother. He and his brother James Hagan were well known for their stone cutting work.

You can contact me at franksplace2 at gmail dot com.

Frank

Posted: 31 May 2014 8:32AM GMT
This is my grandmothers grandfather. He is buried in the family plot greenwood cemetary in New Orleans on canal street

Posted: 31 May 2014 1:27PM GMT
Christina

John Hagan was my mother's grandfather. I have a picture of his grave at Greenwood. He and his brother were well known stone cutters. Emily Ford has done extensive research on John & James and she believes he was buried in central city.

John Hagan and Jane Murphy had 10 children.

Frank

Posted: 13 Jun 2014 1:16AM GMT
Surnames: Hagan, Askew, Cook, Grant, Sadler, Schonfield
John and Jane are my grandfather's grandparents. My mom knows her Askew, Grant, Schonfield, and Cook cousins - all descendants of John and Jane's children. I descend through their daughter Sarah; who married John Sadler. I would enjoy the opportunity to connect with Hagan cousins.

Carol
per page

Find a board about a specific topic