Search for content in message boards

John Charles Harwood

John Charles Harwood

Posted: 29 Jan 2012 3:01PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Harwood. McNeil
I am trying to trace the marriage record of John Charles Harwood b 21, November, 1915, Berkshire, England and Kathleen Graeme McNeil b 9, March, 1922, in Portglenone, Northern Ireland. They married in Portglenone Northern Ireland in either 1945/46/47. John and Kathleen's first child John Albert Edward Harwood was born on the 5, September, 1946 in Portglenone, Northern Ireland and I can find no trace of his birth record either. After this they moved to Berkshire England for the rest of their lives.

Can anyone help with this brick wall I have hit. Many thanks Carol

Re: John Charles Harwood

Posted: 29 Jan 2012 8:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,
Birth reg.

John C Harwood M
Maidenhead 2c 277 Dec.Qtr 1915 mothers maiden name Cripps

Marriage reg.of parents

John Harwood - Lily Cripps

Farnham 2a 413 Jun.Qtr 1915

Sorry can't help with the Northern Ireland info.

Regards

Sandra

Posted: 30 Jan 2012 8:22AM GMT
Irish records aren't the greatest but have had a look and the best I can see is 3 records in County Antrim

one for K. neil & 2 for K. O'neil and these are for 1920. No marriages shown and a note "there are not many records after 1920".

Your best bet is to write to or phone the Irish version of the G.R.O, address : General Register Office, Government Offices, Convent Road, Roscommon. Tel: +353 (0) 90 6632900 and ask their advice. Sorry I can't help you further

Regards Peter

Posted: 30 Jan 2012 10:49AM GMT
GRO Roscommon dont have records for Northern Ireland after 1921 - try GRONI instead : http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/gro

Shane

Posted: 30 Jan 2012 11:33AM GMT
Not meant for me but thank you always wodered why I couldn't get beyond 1920

Posted: 30 Jan 2012 2:29PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Harwood, McNeil
Thank you for the help given so far. Still hoping I might find someone who is looking for the Harwoods and McNel's in Ireland.

Posted: 30 Jan 2012 3:15PM GMT
Hi,
....then your query might do better on the Ireland board.

Regards

Sandra

Posted: 2 Oct 2012 2:21PM GMT
After they moved back to England they moved down to east sussex. They had four more boys after John. They are both interned in fletching church.

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 9:54PM GMT
kathleen mc neill harwood was my gramothers sister her marriage was in portglenone 2nd prespeterian church agnes was my grandmother she also had a sister called genie and brother albert

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 4:52PM GMT
hi carol kathleen has still got two brothers and 1 sister living in portglenone patricia ian and ernie

from bertie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions