Search for content in message boards

Oliver Pease

Oliver Pease

Posted: 18 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 May 2002 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: Pease
Looking for information on Oliver PEASE, born: 11 Jan. 1771.
Married: Clarissa ? 1795,in CT. Oliver believed to be of Dukes County/Martha's Vineyard family. He moved to New York, Washinton County>Steuben County, where he died. Their children are: 1. Abigail b. OCT. 6,1795, 2.Abraham b.April 10,1797, 3.Elizabeth b.Feb. 23,1798, 4.Oliver Perry b. May 20,1800 NY?, 5.Ezra Silas b.June 22,1803 NY?, 6.William Pease b.1806, 7.Lydia Pease b.1808. Any information on this couple really appreciated.

Re: Oliver Pease

Posted: 29 Aug 2001 2:30AM GMT
Are you still looking for info on Oliver Pease md Clarissa? I've been researching this family and descendants for over 20 years. I do have a lot of data from Oliver on down but never could get passed him. Several years ago I corresponded with a distant cousin descended from the same individual, we were looking at Barzilla as a possible parent but never had enough documentation to tie it. Please contact me if you are still working on this problem.

Posted: 29 Aug 2001 3:46PM GMT
Edited: 15 May 2002 12:26AM GMT
I tried to e-mail you, but it wouldn't go through. Yes, we are still trying to get past this brick wall! We tried the Barzillai connrction too. But, there was a problem with the date of his marriage to Deborah Coffin. It comes after Oliver was supposed to have been born. We have been thinking Barzillai may be an uncle or related in some other way. Any thoughts on that? Are you an Oliver-Clarissa descendent too?

Jaki

Posted: 9 May 2007 5:45PM GMT
Surnames: PEASE
I have just returned from the NEGS in Bostonand have traced this Oliver to his father when he entered the U.S. Turns out his father was one of three brothers who followed Oliver CROMWELL. After CROMWELL's downfall, 2 of the brothers were imprisioned but were released by Oliver's father who was also Oliver (a sailor). Oliver (the father) immediately took his 2 brothers to America and landed at Martha's Vineyard. His father married a daughter of an Indian Chief. I have citiations for these statements. Our Oliver Pease married Clarissa, but I would like to know her maiden name if possible
per page

Find a board about a specific topic