Search for content in message boards

Clute / Onondaga Indian Princess marriage

Clute / Onondaga Indian Princess marriage

Posted: 28 Dec 2001 10:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jun 2002 5:27PM GMT
Hello,

My wife Pamela Marie Clute's 3X great grandfather married a Onondaga Indian Princess.

At this time I do not have any names or dates etc but I do have a photo of them.

If anyone has any possible info please contact me.

Re: Clute / Onondaga Indian Princess marriage

Stephanie Hochuli (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2002 2:09PM GMT
Interesting. I collect all of the Clutes in the US and I have no stories on any Indian marriages. The Livingston,Moscow,NY area had a Clute family deeply involved with Mary Jamison ( the socalled white Indian.. she was abducted as a young woman by Indians and later returned). But no marriages. Could you give me some dates on your wives family?

Posted: 5 Sep 2002 4:51AM GMT
Edited: 8 Dec 2003 6:50AM GMT
I'm still pursuing the link of my Ephraim Clute Sr. b. 1790-99 to a Saratoga Co. Clute Family. I've added bits and pieces on Ephraim since I was last in contact with you. I found the will/probate of Evert Clute of Saratoga Co., but there is no mention of Ephraim. There is a child Walter mentioned that I don't recall on your list of children for Evert.

About 7 yrs ago, you indicated to me that Ephraim probably was from the Evert line. Would appreciate any information, if you have had any new leads.

Ephraim Sr. had a son William who married an Indian (never found anything about an Onondaga Indian Princess, either) they lived in and around Livingston Co., NY. Dolly M. or Anna Marie Stone bs.1824 they also lived Swain, and Burns, Grove areas of Allegany Co., NY

Ephraim Clute Sr. md. 1st Phoebe ? 2nd Amanda Ford Wilcox (he was about 70 and there were several children born to this union). Jesse b. 1868, Ida b. 1872, Charles E. b. 1879, Wesley O. b. 1883 (I know about Ida....but am most curious what happened to Jesse, Charles, & Wesley.....have you any information on them?)

Thank you....Dorothy C. Medley

carroline (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2002 1:43AM GMT
Hi Stephenie,
I wonder if you have come across NETTIE CLUTE married to FREDERICK BATES in Winoma, Minn 1917
Other Clutes are Claire W Clute of Dallas
Dean Clute of Sparta,
Earl R Cute of Mason city Iowa
M W Clute of Waupun wi
these names are from an obituary in Waupun
Frederick was my great Uncle
Any help much apreciated
Regards
Carroline in England

Posted: 25 Nov 2002 7:17PM GMT
Sorry, do not find anything matching all of these names. I find a Dean, but no in the right area and although I have 7 Earl's none of them are the right age. Nettie is often the nickname for Esther..

carroline (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2002 10:16PM GMT
Hi Stephenie,
Thankyou very much for looking, I will keep at it,
Kind regards
Carroline

Posted: 7 Apr 2003 12:37AM GMT
Edited: 8 May 2004 12:52AM GMT
I have an Ephraim Clute married to a Malissa Ackley that had a son Wesley J. Clute. Wesley was born June 18, 1856. I have Wesley J. married to Katherine Jeanette Schoonmaker. They lived in the Ontario County area of NY state. Does any of this work into anyone's family info?

Ray Clute (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2005 3:15PM GMT
Don't know about any indian princess but in my research I know that 4 Clutes Charles,Levi,Louisa, and Lydia all attended Carlisle Indian School. I have no idea of there parents or where they came from I'm thinking New York because they are listed under members of the Seneca tribe. Does anyone have any more information on these Clutes

Posted: 29 Jan 2005 6:24PM GMT
Could you give me some dates or ages on the people registered as Indians? I dont find a Charles and Levi in the same family.
There was a Clute marriage to a woman called "The Clara Barton of New York". She worked mostly in schools for the blind and took her two Clutes sons with her.. She may also have worked in Indian Schools.

Ray Clute (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2005 2:47AM GMT
Stephanie you can email a Barbara Landis at blandis@epix.net to get any information on the names of students it is not posted on there web site due to respect of the different tribes is what they say. Ray Clute
per page

Find a board about a specific topic