Classification: Query
Surnames: Cofer/Willis/Smith
any Cofer's out there, from this area, please e-mail me. gmpgrand@aol.com

Re: Cofers of Roane CO., TN./ Rockwood

Pat Reed (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2004 10:28PM GMT
Surnames: Coffer/Cofer/Copher
My ggrandfather was Hardin Coffer, b. 1821 in TN; married Sarah Estes in 1845 in Roane Co. Had a twin brother Willis. Hardin and Sarah, along with other family members moved to sw MO about 1849. From census data I know Hardin's parents were born in NC. Wife Sarah's sister, Elizabeth, married a Jonathan White. Jonathan's mother was a Margaret Coffer White. Her father was Joel Coffer. Not sure of relationship with Hardin. Any info would be appreciated.

Posted: 1 Feb 2005 5:51AM GMT
Hardin Cofer is a brother of my Willis Cofer, but didn't know thay were twins. All I know about Hardin & Willis is thay were raised by their grand father & mother Thomas Cofer & Elizabeth Taylor Cofer. Old Thomas was born abt 1770 VA. VIA possibally NC. Hardin & Willis's parents were James Cofer & his young wife Abergrill ?? , who died around 1824. Mel Grand

Posted: 16 Feb 2005 4:01AM GMT
Pat: My name is Gary White. I live in Aurora, Mo. Jonathon D. White and Margaret Cofer White are my ggggrandparents.I am searching for info on Jonathon's father. I think his name was Joseph D. White. From what I have read, he died in the war of 1812 about 1815 with Andy Jackson and was buried near Mobile Ala. After his death Margaret remarried Baldwin Underwood. They moved to Newton Co. Mo. where they raised about 5 or 6 more children.This is only about 30 west of where I live.Hardin Cofer married Sarah Estes, OlderDaughter of John Calder Estes from Va. and his wife Margaret Jones. They all moved to Stone Co. Mo about the same time as Johnathon and younger sister Sarah moved up here. I would like any info you might have on Joseph D. White or his father who I think is Either John or William White Orig.from N.C.I also have quite a bit of info on the Cofers and the people who moved up to Stone Co. Mo. Gary

Posted: 2 Mar 2005 11:40PM GMT
Hi Gary, my Cofer family came from the Rhea & Roane CO., TN. area, too. Do you have any info on a Hardin Cofer?, and Baldwin Underwood is a familiar name to me, too. Mel Grand
per page

Find a board about a specific topic