Search for content in message boards

Crownovers in Alabama

Crownovers in Alabama

Posted: 28 Apr 2004 3:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Aug 2004 3:27PM GMT
I am still looking for any information on the Crownovers of Alabama. My Crownover ancestors came into Alabama sometime between 1815 and 1820. My ggggrandparents were John and Rachel Crownover of Lawrence Cty, AL. Their daughter Mary Ann married Issac N. Morrow in 1839. Mary Ann was born around 1820-1822.
From census records for 1820 in Alabama, there were a number of Crownovers living in Alabama and several in Lawrence Cty. Any info or connections to these individuals would be appreciated.

Re: Crownovers in Alabama

Sam Jones (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2004 10:21PM GMT
Surnames: Crownover
Dexter . My ancestor, Mary Crownover,born in Alabama 1822.Her parents.William, Crownover and Mary Sandifer.Brother Abram. She married Russell Jones 1836.Date might be wrong as she married at 14 years old.Get back if this helps.samjones@bluebonnet.net

Carleen Aiken (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2005 2:22AM GMT
I have done extensive research on the Bossier Parish, Louisana Crownover family. My 3rd great grandfather was Abraham Abel Crownover. He settled in the area pre-1820 and lived there until he died in 1851. His daughter, Margaret Melissa Crownover Smith married John Ambrose Smith from Alabama. They are my 2nd great grandparents.
In researching this family I traveled to Benton, Bossier Parish and secured many courthouse documents. Among them were papers on Mary Ann Sandifer and William Crownover. I have them in my possession now. I will be happy to send you
copies. William was apparently from Alabama as he and his wife Mary Ann are listed in the US Census for Bossier Parish and it lists his place of birth as Alabama. Please contact me for more information.

Sam Jones (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2005 1:40PM GMT
Carleen I am rushed this morning .Tomorrow I will look up an address for descendants of Abraham.They live in Gassville,Arkansas.

Dexter Lovett (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2005 3:55PM GMT
I think that your William Crownover may be the brother to my John Crownover. If I remember correctly, there was a William Crownover listed in Lawrence County, Alabama in the 1820 or 1830 census. I have now connected my research with Dave Conover who has traced the family back to 16th century Holland. Send me an email and I will send you the website address for Dave Conover, I don't have it with me this morning.

Re: Crownovers in arkansas

Sam Jones (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2005 2:39AM GMT
Carleen Sorry I had to run yesterday. The person you want to e mail is Velara Harris at lyharris@centurytel.net. Her maiden name was Crownover and a fine a person as you could find. They invited me to the reunion last year . I think she told me that her ancestor was Abraham Let me know if you have any luck.Sam

Re: Crownovers in Alabama, Louisiana

Posted: 12 Apr 2006 1:01PM GMT
Surnames: Crownover, Cannon
Abel Crownover was co-owner of a Land Patent in Claiborne Parish, Louisiana with Robert Cannon, my 5th great-grandfather, in 1837. I believe this Robert Cannon is my ancestor because he is living near Abel Crownover in the 1830 Claiborne Parish, Louisiana Federal Census.

I am interested in following Abel Crownover's migration from SC? to KY? to St. Clair, Illinois, to northeast Louisiana because it may be somehow associated my ancestor Robert Cannon's migration. Robert Cannon was b. SC, lived in KY, may have lived some in Illinois, was in NE LA as early as 1828, and later migrated to Houston and Anderson Counties in Texas in the late 1830's. I think Abel Crownover stayed in Louisiana while Robert Cannon and family migrated on to East Texas. Who knows, maybe Abel and Robert were from the same part of South Carolina? I just don't know much about Robert Cannon's past beyond where his children were born; the four children that I think I have found.

Any information you have about Abel's family and parentage and will share, I appreciate it greatly.

Thank you,

Marcella Snow

Posted: 23 Mar 2008 9:00PM GMT
Am interested in Moses C. CROWNOVER b. abt 1818 AL who shows in 1870 Lawrence Co AL fed census with wife Martha A.,
presumed sons Rody/Rady J.H.(F?) and Andrew J. Am wondering if they had older daughter Martha A. who m. Charles H. WILLIAMSON on Jan. 9,1870 in Lawrence Co. Please refer to 1880 census where Charles WILLIAMSON and wife Martha also have a 62 yr old male "M. Crownover" in their home.

Posted: 23 Mar 2008 9:12PM GMT
Am interested in Moses C. CROWNOVER b. abt 1818 AL who shows in 1870 Lawrence Co AL fed census with wife Martha A.,
presumed sons Rody/Rady J.H.(F?) and Andrew J. Am wondering if they had older daughter Martha A. who m. Charles H. WILLIAMSON on Jan. 9,1870 in Lawrence Co. Please refer to 1880 census where Charles WILLIAMSON and wife Martha also have a 62 yr old male "M. Crownover" in their home.

Posted: 10 Jul 2008 6:00AM GMT
My maiden name is Crownover. I am the great-granddaughter of Daniel Turney Crownover who was born in 1812 and fought on the Confederate side during the Civil War. He lived in Jackson County in Alabama and raised a family of numerous children. His son John James Crowwnover, Sr. was my grandfather, and his son John J. Crownover, Jr. was my father. I know of quite a few of D. T. Crownover's decendants who live in Alabama.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic